Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Unfortunately, NAFTA only applies to US, Canadian and Mexican citizens. But professionals with engineering degrees are certainly on the NAFTA list.
I am a Canadian citizen and I know that!

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
I still think I would feel better about the whole "there are wait times to keep fraud out" reasoning if there was better perimeters for what causes red flags. In my mind it would only make sense if high fraud=high wait times but for some reason China and New Delhi still have the fastest processing times and the highest fraud cases. It would make sense that they would fast-track relationships that were less likely for fraud.... you know those of us that are from relatively the same social backgrounds, have been together for over 5 years, have children just to name a few. Also it would only make sense also if the commonwealth countries and the USA... you know the largest boarder shared with Canada and all... were the fastest to be processed... they all have less to gain from immigration and it is clearly just to be with their families. The only other way I can see it being a more equal system is if everyone was processed in the order they were received.. sort of like they try to make it seem like stage one is.. but actually doing it in a first in first out sort of thing unless there are issues or red flags.

computergeek said:
Sadly, it says that Canada appears to be following the United States down the road towards greater and greater governmental control. :-[
oh and let me tell you that is so funny to see this on here because all I hear down here in the US is how much Canada has let their government have control and how American's don't want to end up like Canada... lol.... and all because of universal health care....lol

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
I still think I would feel better about the whole "there are wait times to keep fraud out" reasoning if there was better perimeters for what causes red flags. In my mind it would only make sense if high fraud=high wait times but for some reason China and New Delhi still have the fastest processing times and the highest fraud cases. It would make sense that they would fast-track relationships that were less likely for fraud.... you know those of us that are from relatively the same social backgrounds, have been together for over 5 years, have children just to name a few. Also it would only make sense also if the commonwealth countries and the USA... you know the largest boarder shared with Canada and all... were the fastest to be processed... they all have less to gain from immigration and it is clearly just to be with their families. The only other way I can see it being a more equal system is if everyone was processed in the order they were received.. sort of like they try to make it seem like stage one is.. but actually doing it in a first in first out sort of thing unless there are issues or red flags.
agree but still think they can eliminate wait time by just heavily penalizing the frauds not by wasting time on innocent couples/people

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
apstone said:
I would hope some people would at least be "in process". That being said, I know some people go through their whole app with still being "application received". It's just a very hard thing to stomach when some cases are done in 3-4 months after transfer while others languish around for 10+ months. I know it is in the range on the CIC website, but doesn't make it any more acceptable.
My file was transferred July 23rd, Sept. 14th I received an e-mail from CPC-O requesting the RPRF. My E-Cas still only showed application received. Tuesday morning it switched to application in process on September 14th.

Anyways, I can't complain coming from the US I know what f'ed up government is. as far as no wait time, seriously dude? Background checks need to be ran, I feel better knowing there is one less murderer, sex offender etc...

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Creampop said:
My file was transferred July 23rd, Sept. 14th I received an e-mail from CPC-O requesting the RPRF. My E-Cas still only showed application received. Tuesday morning it switched to application in process on September 14th.

Anyways, I can't complain coming from the US I know what f'ed up government is. as far as no wait time, seriously dude? Background checks need to be ran, I feel better knowing there is one less murderer, sex offender etc...
well first off congrats on hearing from CIC....
but lets be real here... we already do all of the leg work for CIC... They already have the FBI reports and what not from other countries so like I said it is just a matter of reading over all of the stuff we sent.... two or three hours max! If the border agents are able to scan someones passport and deny them access to visit for a DUI in a timely manner and not have a 12 month wait time to drive across the border then it shouldn't really take more then a week to process PR's!

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
They do their own background checks too.... you signed a release form for them to do it... you think its easy to "read" over and approve? yea sure if you had ONE application on your desk not 500 and adding every day. Then there is the medicals that have to be read... how many people do you think they have to do that? I'm sure there are alot less of those people then the ones that are just reading over your application. I have read some people have sent in 5 plus KG applications thats 11 lbs of paper, pictures, some people have went all out writing a book for the application and thats supposed to be easy fishing thru 500 pages to determine what is real or not... The government has made alot of cut backs for all we know there are only 2 people in that office (I know highly unlikely) just saying.... anyways there is no sense in getting worked up about it there is nothing we can do but wait... exactly my point to begin with you knew when you signed that paper you would be waiting....

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
Creampop said:
They do their own background checks too.... you signed a release form for them to do it... you think its easy to "read" over and approve? yea sure if you had ONE application on your desk not 500 and adding every day. Then there is the medicals that have to be read... how many people do you think they have to do that? I'm sure there are alot less of those people then the ones that are just reading over your application. I have read some people have sent in 5 plus KG applications thats 11 lbs of paper, pictures, some people have went all out writing a book for the application and thats supposed to be easy fishing thru 500 pages to determine what is real or not... The government has made alot of cut backs for all we know there are only 2 people in that office (I know highly unlikely) just saying.... anyways there is no sense in getting worked up about it there is nothing we can do but wait... exactly my point to begin with you knew when you signed that paper you would be waiting....
That's a good point. I was thinking about that the other day. I can't imagine how many applications they have to go through and double and tripple check everything. It was a pain to double check my forms. I can see how someone working in a department like that would be slow and grouchy. Not everybody submit nicely organized papers. They have to deal with a lot of crap too.
I'm just happy to see some type of improvement over the weeks. A little bit is better than nothing as someone said.

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Creampop said:
Yeah I get all of that but the way that they treat us all as guilty until we prove our innocence to them is main reason that people feel the need to send in so much info. If they were to stream line it and have the stage one worker assess the whole package for red flags and then have a low, middle and high risk pile for them to assign applicants to it would stream line the whole thing a lot. I know for a fact that they look over both the sponsor's and the applicant's paperwork in stage one already so why can't they add that step to it?! Also I will again mention that there shouldn't be any cut backs for family immigration because we PAY FOR IT!!!!!! If there are higher numbers of applicants then there are also higher funds!! It's simple supply and demand... The more people applying and there for paying the more money there is so the more people they can afford to higher to meet that demand!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Creampop said:
As if they do all this themselves! They have both medical and security backgrounds!

Dr Eng X

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
Yeah I get all of that but the way that they treat us all as guilty until we prove our innocence to them is main reason that people feel the need to send in so much info. If they were to stream line it and have the stage one worker assess the whole package for red flags and then have a low, middle and high risk pile for them to assign applicants to it would stream line the whole thing a lot. I know for a fact that they look over both the sponsor's and the applicant's paperwork in stage one already so why can't they add that step to it?! Also I will again mention that there shouldn't be any cut backs for family immigration because we PAY FOR IT!!!!!! If there are higher numbers of applicants then there are also higher funds!! It's simple supply and demand... The more people applying and there for paying the more money there is so the more people they can afford to higher to meet that demand!
Agree besides your suggestions and mine there are many solutions!

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Dr Eng X said:
As if they do all this themselves! They have both medical and security backgrounds!
\
That is so true!! I mean the medical should be a simple one line thing... they get the letter from the Dr that there isn't any issues... not like that would take a long time... if there is an issue you find out from the Dr not CIC and same for CIC.. if there is an issue it is pretty simple to see negative or positive for TB!
oh and have am I the only one that wishes there was a "like" option for posts... cauz I totally "like" your last one X! :)

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
your right they do have the medicals and background checks, that doesn't mean they don't run their own, you could have gotten arrested 10 times in the time that they have had your application sitting there waiting to be processed even a DUI deems you inadmissible... and you could have left out a certain background check if you wanted... but again your missing my point... if you can fix it... then run, get in office and fix it. The only option I see is to sit and wait for them to do what I paid them to do... and yes we all paid, supply and demand but that money pays those people to do a job, pays for the computer that they put the information into so that you can check E-cas or your e-mail 50 times a day. (and don't deny it we all do it) it pays for the building that houses all that excessive paperwork that they request. the buiding they work in the hydro that turns on that computer and the lights, hell even the water that flushes the toilet. nothing is free...

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
Creampop said:
your right they do have the medicals and background checks, that doesn't mean they don't run their own, you could have gotten arrested 10 times in the time that they have had your application sitting there waiting to be processed even a DUI deems you inadmissible... and you could have left out a certain background check if you wanted... but again your missing my point... if you can fix it... then run, get in office and fix it. The only option I see is to sit and wait for them to do what I paid them to do... and yes we all paid, supply and demand but that money pays those people to do a job, pays for the computer that they put the information into so that you can check E-cas or your e-mail 50 times a day. (and don't deny it we all do it) it pays for the building that houses all that excessive paperwork that they request. the buiding they work in the hydro that turns on that computer and the lights, hell even the water that flushes the toilet. nothing is free...
Well I'm pretty sure I already said that once I get back to Canada I will be making my voice heard by government wether that be in forming protests and rallies or running myself!.... and just sit and wait?!! that is your big plan to deal with all of this?? Are you kidding me?! How often in history has sitting on your a$$ and just letting the government or whoever is abusing their power ever worked out for the common people?! If we don't make our voices heard then everyone will just assume that it isn't broken when it is. I look at these forums as a way to gather together so that we can make a stand together and make our voices heard!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Creampop said:
100% agreed.

Well I'm pretty sure I already said that once I get back to Canada I will be making my voice heard by government wether that be in forming protests and rallies or running myself!.... and just sit and wait?!! that is your big plan to deal with all of this?? Are you kidding me?! How often in history has sitting on your a$$ and just letting the government or whoever is abusing their power ever worked out for the common people?! If we don't make our voices heard then everyone will just assume that it isn't broken when it is. I look at these forums as a way to gather together so that we can make a stand together and make our voices heard!
While this is true, you also might want to take your husband into consideration. Here's the thing, the government has power to do whatever the hell they please. While it's not a good thing, having a husband as an immigrant put a lot in perspective for me. If I were to backlash at the government about immigration, they can (and I'm sure they WILL) take my husband out of the country. They will find a loophole somewhere, somehow. Harper is exactly that kind of person. It's sad, but until my husband is a CITIZEN, I will not be making waves with immigration. Once he IS a citizen, then I will be hellbent.

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
mameelynn said:
Your dayum right I'm gonna sit and wait... I want to be with my husband and our children (I can't get him to the US cus immigration is really really f'ed there) opening my mouth will do nothing but get me kicked out and banned what good will that do then EH? like I said I can't fix it.... you want to try, E-mail me I'll be the first one in line to support you! but sitting here on a forum complaining ain't fixing it! We're here to support each other...

And quite Honestly theres alot of other things wrong in this Country (the world for that matter) that should be alot higher on the priority list...