+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid-19 - Travel Restrictions

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
What’s the definition of elderly anyway as it can differ based on perception. 60 plus, 70 plus 80 plus ? So you show an id and a birth certificate , then you need show how you are related. Is she a widow or a divorcee or a spinster might be next to show maybe living alone. Is she in the vulnerable category confined to her home during current emergency or is she relatively healthy, independent.

Assume anyway your isolation plan does not involve moving in with your mother straight away.

The challenge really is to get past the airline checkin given they are paranoid about letting people travel who do not satisfy the exemption criteria and seems like a lot of personal info to share with a checkin agent who if in doubt will seek guidance from Canada immigration directly.
I believe I already mentioned everything you bring up with my rationale above. Airline check in wouldn't talk to CBSA but the embassy where you are located for approval, already been through that once, and they were good to go but that was before they brought in the "Essential Need" requirement. We ended up having them refused exit from the country by the local immigration because of government travel restrictions here. But that isn't what I am asking about, it's on the Cdn end I am thinking about.

Our plan has our isolation far away from my Mother place. Thanks

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Here is a temporary processing change information posted in IRCC website.

Until further notice, most people can’t travel to Canada, even if they have a valid visitor visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA). Some people may still be able to travel to Canada if they’re exempt from the travel restrictions and coming for an essential purpose.

So we can keep processing applications from people who are exempt from the travel restrictions, we’re temporarily changing how you can apply to visit, work or study in Canada.

Between April 9 and 29, 2020, the application process will change for
  • visitor visas (including transit visas)
  • eTAs
  • study permits
  • work permits
Thanks but not applicable, they already have TRV's, don't ave to apply for another visa to allow them to enter. What is the date of that and do you have a link to it?

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018
I had my interview (spousal sponsership) on 28th Jan 2020 in new delhi and got the pre arrival letter next day after that completly silent anyone knows when will new delhi start giving PPR ? if lockdown is lifted will they issue visa ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I had my interview (spousal sponsership) on 28th Jan 2020 in new delhi and got the pre arrival letter next day after that completly silent anyone knows when will new delhi start giving PPR ? if lockdown is lifted will they issue visa ?
You can’t fly out of India at this point and processing seems to have slowed dramatically out of New Delhi. Would monitor your email and your profile but unfortunately you’ll need to wait to get COPR and wait for flights out of India to start again.

Jacobscreek

Sep 10, 2017
Hey all ,

I got FPC status (visa issued before PR) NOV 2019 valid upto 28th sept 2020 ..i was supposed to visit Canada on 8th of April 2020 but due to Covid 19 i cudnt make it thru .... can anyone please shed somelight over the fact that will i get any kind of Time relaxation in case this (Covid) wont get reduced till the visa expiry ?

Regards

Ayush

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all ,

I got FPC status (visa issued before PR) NOV 2019 valid upto 28th sept 2020 ..i was supposed to visit Canada on 8th of April 2020 but due to Covid 19 i cudnt make it thru .... can anyone please shed somelight over the fact that will i get any kind of Time relaxation in case this (Covid) wont get reduced till the visa expiry ?

Regards

Ayush
If your COPR expires in September you have a long time to travel and don’t need an extension.

Jacobscreek

Sep 10, 2017
Yes theres a long time in hand but Am i required to register myself for any kind of time leniency if provided in near future

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes theres a long time in hand but Am i required to register myself for any kind of time leniency if provided in near future
No. No announcements have been made that you will be given extra time when the borders open up again. Most will be expected to travel. Those with minimal time between borders opening and COPR may be given an extension but that hasn’t been announced.

Reactions: Jacobscreek

ismaeel

Jul 26, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
June-2018
Hello everyone,
I received my PPR and plan to submit my passport for issuing my COPR&Visa. Who knows that for how long COPR&Visa will be valid to travel with? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Congrats you got PPR from which visa officce ? from where did you applied ?

DS1991

Nov 20, 2019
Hi,

My COPR is expiring in August and we live in the US. I’m planning to do a soft landing with my family (with 14 day’s isolation in an Airbnb). My daugher’s passport is expiring in August so we were thinking of going and coming back by August mid.

I’ve been hearing about officers not considering soft landing and asking questions like “do you have a job in Canada”, “why do you want to move in this situation “, etc.

Has anyone travelled recently and has had a smooth process?

How beneficial is raising a web form? Should I proceed with my travel or should I raise a web form? Will an extension be provided to everyone who cannot travel?

Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

My COPR is expiring in August and we live in the US. I’m planning to do a soft landing with my family (with 14 day’s isolation in an Airbnb). My daugher’s passport is expiring in August so we were thinking of going and coming back by August mid.

I’ve been hearing about officers not considering soft landing and asking questions like “do you have a job in Canada”, “why do you want to move in this situation “, etc.

Has anyone travelled recently and has had a smooth process?

How beneficial is raising a web form? Should I proceed with my travel or should I raise a web form? Will an extension be provided to everyone who cannot travel?

Thanks!
Wouldn't be upfront with your soft landing plan unless you arw asked directly.