+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid-19 - Travel Restrictions

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
this is great, but now the thing is that they cannot send the PPR to people yet considering the situation...
There are other priorities and Canada is trying to reduce the number of people entering Canada at the moment since the healthcare system is already stressed. Probably best not to fly because it increases chance of getting covid 19.

• Haha
Reactions: Belarusian

Mariaont5119

Star Member
Jan 21, 2020
There are other priorities and Canada is trying to reduce the number of people entering Canada at the moment since the healthcare system is already stressed. Probably best not to fly because it increases chance of getting covid 19.
I can't fly anyway cause I don't have a PPR yet. I'm just worrying that they won't be able to issue visas until they open the borders :(

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
you don`t think that people with PR or passport of Canada who come back to Canada can do it more than any people with coprs?

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
I thought of that too - but I think it is more simple, since a COPR/visa holder under family class has a document allowing entry AND is by definition an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or PR, they are covered already by other language in this document.

The part that reads "a person who is authorised by a consular officer" is, I believe, a provision that allows IRCC/embassies to authorise entry under this order-in-council for "special cases". We could speculate what they think it will be needed for but not really relevant here.
Wish I was feeling differently, but seems that your interpretation may be correct. My mum's approved PR visa expires mid-May - quite unsure if we should continue with 1 April plans and see if the check in staff in India allow her to board?

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
The person who has gotten the COPR/Visa but staying abroad now can enter Canada according to the orders-in-council? I think it belongs neither exemption b nor d
hmmm... anyone heard of someone actually flying out of Delhi, India for Landing in the last week or so?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Wish I was feeling differently, but seems that your interpretation may be correct. My mum's approved PR visa expires mid-May - quite unsure if we should continue with 1 April plans and see if the check in staff in India allow her to board?
Govt has indicated will make some arrangements in such cases where the COPR holder cannot travel. Search and read thoroughly. .

sharbin1994

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
Quick question: what happens if my visa/copr expires due to the fact that I couldn’t travel because of the covid-19. Is there any details regarding that?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Reactions: Belarusian

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But did anyone go through it? If yes what was IRCC’s reply or recommendations.
This is all barely a week old and webform requests take several days or even weeks to get answers. Read threads to see. I've not seen any specific answers from those who have written with this question, but could have missed some.

For the moment you will have to rely on guidance that they will be somewhat lenient.

sharbin1994

Star Member
Aug 30, 2019
This is all barely a week old and webform requests take several days or even weeks to get answers. Read threads to see. I've not seen any specific answers from those who have written with this question, but could have missed some.

For the moment you will have to rely on guidance that they will be somewhat lenient.
Yes you’re right, I did right to them this past saturday, I will let you know.