+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Covid-19 - Travel Restrictions

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
a person who is authorized, in writing, by a consular officer of the Government of Canada to enter Canada for the purpose of reuniting immediate family members - I think it say about PA who received COPR
I thought of that too - but I think it is more simple, since a COPR/visa holder under family class has a document allowing entry AND is by definition an immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or PR, they are covered already by other language in this document.

The part that reads "a person who is authorised by a consular officer" is, I believe, a provision that allows IRCC/embassies to authorise entry under this order-in-council for "special cases". We could speculate what they think it will be needed for but not really relevant here.

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
What about people who is still waiting for a decision made? My wife permanent residency process going to stall?? Any help

Reactions: Anne16

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Hi, as per Shob890, same as him we applied for PR, no clear info online if they will stop processing applications. I'm done with biometrics and medical. They confirmed that I passed my medical exam last February 6. Until now no updates.

Thanks,

Anne

Reactions: Shob890

Shob890

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi, as per Shob890, same as him we applied for PR, no clear info online if they will stop processing applications. I'm done with biometrics and medical. They confirmed that I passed my medical exam last February 6. Until now no updates.

Thanks,

Anne
I sure hope something comes for you soon.

Reactions: Anne16

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Thanks,

Anne
There is clear info online that they continue processing them. It is clear there may be delays, however, just due to the measures in place in Canada and abroad, but they have said they are not stopping.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
There is clear info online that they continue processing them. It is clear there may be delays, however, just due to the measures in place in Canada and abroad, but they have said they are not stopping.
Shob890
plus, they have less workload, they stopped work with TRV etc.

byrongo2ca

Oct 17, 2018
a person who is authorized, in writing, by a consular officer of the Government of Canada to enter Canada for the purpose of reuniting immediate family members - I think it say about PA who received COPR
armoured thanks for good news:cool:
The person who has gotten the COPR/Visa but staying abroad now can enter Canada according to the orders-in-council? I think it belongs neither exemption b nor d

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The person who has gotten the COPR/Visa but staying abroad now can enter Canada according to the orders-in-council? I think it belongs neither exemption b nor d
The person who holds a COPR/Visa and is immediate family of a PR or citizen can enter. This is (b). The definition of immediate family member is in the definition.

byrongo2ca

Oct 17, 2018
The person who holds a COPR/Visa and is immediate family of a PR or citizen can enter. This is (b). The definition of immediate family member is in the definition.
I know it, but there are cases that the COPR/Visa holders are abroad without PR or citizen immediate families in Canada, how to handle with these cases? Is there some clear instruction?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I know it, but there are cases that the COPR/Visa holders are abroad without PR or citizen immediate families in Canada, how to handle with these cases? Is there some clear instruction?
I'm not aware of any specific instructions or exemptions yet made for such cases. The other forums here about non family class may have some info, I do not know.

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Hi Armoured,

Thank you, can you please show me that article or provide me the link?