+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COVID-19 Laid OFF PNP employer based program connect here..!!

wherethestorystarts

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
I submitted the change of employment on my BCPNP portal last week, and sent them an email for a urgent request for processing. They replied today me, Please allow up to approximately three months for the review of your request. It is ridiculous.
It was so hard for me to receive a job offer and find an employer that meets the BC PNP's requirements, and my employment for new company will commence on August 4th.

Does anyone have an same experience to change an employer? any estimate for processing time?
I'm almost in the same situation(I got re-hired on August 10th) and got a similar reply. I'd like to think that it means PNP Office will not gonna take away your or my PNP nomination during those three months...

KelvinHB

Aug 29, 2020
Same situation here, but I have applied for my PR under Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program. Contacting the provincial office and keep you guys updated then. Wishes all best of luck

Jolbean

Star Member
Jul 6, 2020
I got the clear email from CIC my friend that if you employed under job offer category and you are laid off in between you need to submit new job offer to make you eligible for PR under Employment based category not all the categories
u cant generalize that statement to every categories, please check with ircc that would be my advise to everyone

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Does anyone know if people are still receiving their COPR even if they are laid off or even terminated? I'm an BC in-land nominee and thankfully BC PNP still seem they are supporting my application/nomination even though they know my department has been terminated because of COVID; I'm wondering if anyone knows if IRCC/Provinces have made some exceptional changes because of COVID and are still issuing COPRs even as we still looking for a new job (and haven't been able to secure a new one yet)? Thanks!

MaddieNg

Nov 12, 2020
Does anyone know if people are still receiving their COPR even if they are laid off or even terminated? I'm an BC in-land nominee and thankfully BC PNP still seem they are supporting my application/nomination even though they know my department has been terminated because of COVID; I'm wondering if anyone knows if IRCC/Provinces have made some exceptional changes because of COVID and are still issuing COPRs even as we still looking for a new job (and haven't been able to secure a new one yet)? Thanks!
I was wondering same thing. Waiting for COPR. I've got laid off since March. IRCC knew. I just realize I have to notify my province weeks ago and I did immediately, haven't had any response yet. Am I in trouble?

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I was wondering same thing. Waiting for COPR. I've got laid off since March. IRCC knew. I just realize I have to notify my province weeks ago and I did immediately, haven't had any response yet. Am I in trouble?
Hopefully you'll be okay and can get COPR soon. I guess it depends on your province and their requirements/process for notification? Hopefully they'll be understanding because of the pandemic.

MaddieNg

Nov 12, 2020
Hopefully you'll be okay and can get COPR soon. I guess it depends on your province and their requirements/process for notification? Hopefully they'll be understanding because of the pandemic.
Thank you for your respond. Hope they could have some mercy. I'm over thinking and quite stress of waiting.

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
I believe you should be fine my aor is April8th- PNP(Alberta) express entry and I got this e-mail:

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you.

Through the PR Confirmation Portal:

· You will confirm you currently live in Canada
· You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent resident card in the mail to this address)
· You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use to print your PR card
· IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mail

Hopefully we will get our COPR soon (crossing fingers)

Regards.

Reactions: Yazer and mamong

mamong

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I believe you should be fine my aor is April8th- PNP(Alberta) express entry and I got this e-mail:

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC has had to stop in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. The Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business. Confirming permanent residence (PR) status without an in-person interview through a new and secure PR Confirmation Portal is one of these new improvements we are happy to offer you.

· You will provide your current address in Canada (we’ll send your permanent resident card in the mail to this address)
· You will submit a recent photo (JPEG or PNG formats are accepted) which we’ll use to print your PR card
· IRCC will upload your document that proves your new PR status you will be able to use this document while you wait for your first PR card that will come to you in the mail

Regards.
Thanks for letting me know Robertogogr! That's great news - I hope we'll get our COPR soon. Are you still on laid-off / unemployed?

MaddieNg

Nov 12, 2020

Regards.
You gave me hope. Thank you kindly. I am so worried with my laid off since March. Thankfully, I am about to get back to my job very soon. Hope the gap is not a trouble

• Love
Reactions: mamong