+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

idhar_chicha

Star Member
Mar 5, 2020
Hey, have you not seen any updates on your CIC profile since the 20th??
Unfortunately no updates on my profile since the med request. The medical center had said that they would send the details to IRCC in couple of days and it takes 10 days to get updated. Anyway let's see if the email/Webform makes a difference.

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Unfortunately no updates on my profile since the med request. The medical center had said that they would send the details to IRCC in couple of days and it takes 10 days to get updated. Anyway let's see if the email/Webform makes a difference.
hmm that sucks. ig it's pretty random and depends on VO/visa officer? i've read posts here of people getting PPR 2 weeks after Meds, and also of folks who are waiting to here back weeks after.

browntitan

Jan 5, 2021
I have a situation and would appreciate some inputs for anyone who may have gone through a similar situation and experts like @legalfalcon

I'm a CEC Inland applicant with inland dependents. My application is currently pending final decision. I had also applied for TRV (after my current work permit was extended) for all 3 of us. I have gotten mine stamped and received PPR for the dependents for the TRV. They also have visitor record. But they had to travel to India before stamping the new visa and are currently stuck in India due to the travel restrictions/VFS closures. It's been 3 weeks since they've reached India, technically on a vacation, so at least as per my understanding they still maintain resident status in Canada.

Assuming my EE application is going to be finalized shortly, what are options here? I can think of two.
1. Don't do anything, let the COPR come, submit photos for PR card, wait for the PR card and I travel to India with all 3 PR cards and bring them back using their PR card. Is this technically possible and legal?

2. Update their current address to an Indian address to IRCC immediately, which would make them outland dependents, which we all know is going be kept on hold for the travel restrictions.

Last edited:

RKM20

Apr 23, 2020
@RKM20 I just callled up the Medical facility and they confirmed that the medicals have been sent to the IRCC - 2 weeks back,
Thanks for sharing buddy. I also called my medical facility a few hours ago. They took my IME number and confirmed that my medical has been sent to IRCC. Though they didn’t tell me when it was submitted, just that they send all results within 2/3 working days.

Reactions: JagjyotSingh

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Hi. I will let you know when I receive the new COPR but from previous comments, It will be stated in the new COPR that it is a replacement for the old/expired one approved pre march, which will enable one travel without AL as restrictions does not apply to pre March

I will have to read through mine to see if it says the above
I always thought I need an AL even for pre March. I didn't realise once I have a valid document I can travel without restriction. I just checked the government website to confirm the info and you are absolutely right. Thank you! It is very useful. I might be able to go earlier than I thought.

Reactions: FatemahPK and K&K

canhar

May 18, 2021
@legalfalcon

Hope you and your family are safe and healthy!

Sir I understand the situation we all are in and how unprecedented the current situation is but still if you could advise as per your understanding and experience, then it would help in calming my nerves., my queries are.

1) When Canada will re-start processing the files, will they re-assess my application or will they issue me the PPR based on the decision they have already taken, which is Approved (as per the GCMS) ?

2) Since I have claimed 50 points for arranged employment in Canada, will they again ask for supporting documents from the employer?

3) Based on my details below, overall do I have to worry about anything?

File Details:

Category : FSW Outland (India)
CRS Points: 50 points claimed for arranged employment in Canada

In April 2021, I received e-mail “you have been selected to take part in a Government of Canada survey! Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application.”

For MEDICALS, my profile is still showing original passed date (expired now) and till date I have not received any mail or update/request for extension or re-medicals.

GCMS:

1) ASSESSMENT

Eligibility: Passed

Security: BLANK (I can see the first alphabet “P”, rest is sanitised. So i guess its Passed)

HIRV: Blank

Criminality: Passed

Org Crime: Blank

Medical: Passed (M Profile: 1; for both principal applicant and dependent)

Misrepresentation: Blank

Info Sharing: Complete

Other Reqs: Blank

Final: Approved

2) FINALISE APPLICATION: (same for both principal applicant and dependent)

DOCUMENT ISSUANCE: 1

Document: Counterfoil / Vignette
Valid To: 2021/MM/DD (expired)

COUNTERFOIL

Subcategory: IM-1
Upper Machine Readable Line: V<CANSURNAME<<NAME<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Lower Machine Readable Line: PASSPORT NUMBER<Alpha-Numeric

3) NOTES: 1
Text: ***OFFICER REVIEW*** Integrated Search - NAI File Reviewed: Eligibility PASSED. Criminality PASSED. All requirements met. File approved.?

oluronny

Dec 15, 2020
Hello everyone.
My wife is the primary applicant and she got a job offer which is still waiting for her and she got a work permit in January 2020 but she couldn't travel because of the covid 19 restrictions. We got our COPR approved in January 2021 which expired April 29, 2021. The work permit on the passport was canceled when PRV was attached to the passport.

An interesting thing happened today.
She got a mail from IRCC asking her

You are receiving this notification because our records show that your medical examination
results have expired. This means you cannot travel to Canada.

You must have valid
immigration medical examination results to travel to Canada if you either
 have been in a designated country/territory for more than 6 months OR
 plan to study or work in a health care, child or elder care, or primary or secondary
education setting.

"You need to get a new immigration medical examination. To book a medical examination,
contact a panel physician directly. The panel physician will submit your medical examination
directly to us. Request and keep a copy of any document given to you by the panel physician as
proof of your immigration medical exam.

If you are traveling with family members, please make sure their medical exams are also valid.
If you pass your medical exam, you will receive another letter from IRCC advising you that
may proceed with your travel plan to Canada. Please make sure you meet all the requirements
as a
student or worker prior to travelling to Canada.

For more updates on how COVID-19 is affecting travel to Canada and IRCC services, see:

COVID-19: International students
 COVID-19: Foreign workers
"

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"

Unfortunately this message only referenced her Work permit application and not her permanent residence application.

The email can not be responded to find out why they are asking her to do a re-medical on a work permit that was canceled immediately PRV was attached to the passport.

It's all so confusing.

Please if anyone has any advice, it will be appreciated

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have a situation and would appreciate some inputs for anyone who may have gone through a similar situation and experts like @legalfalcon

I'm a CEC Inland applicant with inland dependents. My application is currently pending final decision. I had also applied for TRV (after my current work permit was extended) for all 3 of us. I have gotten mine stamped and received PPR for the dependents for the TRV. They also have visitor record. But they had to travel to India before stamping the new visa and are currently stuck in India due to the travel restrictions/VFS closures. It's been 3 weeks since they've reached India, technically on a vacation, so at least as per my understanding they still maintain resident status in Canada.

Assuming my EE application is going to be finalized shortly, what are options here? I can think of two.
1. Don't do anything, let the COPR come, submit photos for PR card, wait for the PR card and I travel to India with all 3 PR cards and bring them back using their PR card. Is this technically possible and legal?

2. Update their current address to an Indian address to IRCC immediately, which would make them outland dependents, which we all know is going be kept on hold for the travel restrictions.

1. No, IRCC will ask you to confirm if all applicants are in Canada, if not, then they cannot become a PR if they are not in Canada, and if you do so, IRCC can sent you a letter like this:

2. When you receive the PR confirmation, that is when you can update the address, if by then you family is not back in Canada.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hope you and your family are safe and healthy!

Sir I understand the situation we all are in and how unprecedented the current situation is but still if you could advise as per your understanding and experience, then it would help in calming my nerves., my queries are.

1) When Canada will re-start processing the files, will they re-assess my application or will they issue me the PPR based on the decision they have already taken, which is Approved (as per the GCMS) ?

2) Since I have claimed 50 points for arranged employment in Canada, will they again ask for supporting documents from the employer?

3) Based on my details below, overall do I have to worry about anything?

File Details:

Category : FSW Outland (India)
CRS Points: 50 points claimed for arranged employment in Canada

In April 2021, I received e-mail “you have been selected to take part in a Government of Canada survey! Our records indicate that you have recently received a decision from us on an application.”

For MEDICALS, my profile is still showing original passed date (expired now) and till date I have not received any mail or update/request for extension or re-medicals.

GCMS:

1) ASSESSMENT

Eligibility: Passed

Security: BLANK (I can see the first alphabet “P”, rest is sanitised. So i guess its Passed)

HIRV: Blank

Criminality: Passed

Org Crime: Blank

Medical: Passed (M Profile: 1; for both principal applicant and dependent)

Misrepresentation: Blank

Info Sharing: Complete

Other Reqs: Blank

Final: Approved

2) FINALISE APPLICATION: (same for both principal applicant and dependent)

DOCUMENT ISSUANCE: 1

Document: Counterfoil / Vignette

COUNTERFOIL

Subcategory: IM-1
Upper Machine Readable Line: V<CANSURNAME<<NAME<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Lower Machine Readable Line: PASSPORT NUMBER<Alpha-Numeric

3) NOTES: 1
Text: ***OFFICER REVIEW*** Integrated Search - NAI File Reviewed: Eligibility PASSED. Criminality PASSED. All requirements met. File approved.?
Your application is approved, no further reassessment is required. When the PPR will be issued, it will be made sure that your medicals are valid and so are your documents such as passport.

You just have ti wait for IRCC to send you the PPR/

Welluf2019

Star Member
Feb 4, 2019
I always thought I need an AL even for pre March. I didn't realize once I have a valid document I can travel without restriction. I just checked the government website to confirm the info and you are absolutely right. Thank you! It is very useful. I might be able to go earlier than I thought.
Yes you can travel with valid document because you received your COPR before March 18th 2020. The restrictions do not apply to us. This was announced in March 2020

Someone a while back did say that it was mentioned in their new COPR that the new one is a replacement of the old one first approved on *insert date*

I would need to confirm if same is mentioned in mine

One of the emails I received from IRCC stated *As your CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions*

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
Yes you can travel with valid document because you received your COPR before March 18th 2020. The restrictions do not apply to us. This was announced in March 2020

Someone a while back did say that it was mentioned in their new COPR that the new one is a replacement of the old one first approved on *insert date*

I would need to confirm if same is mentioned in mine

One of the emails I received from IRCC stated *As your CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions*
He cant move now...the visa was expired...before/or by 18 Mar 2021 :)