+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

canhar

May 18, 2021
Your application is approved, no further reassessment is required. When the PPR will be issued, it will be made sure that your medicals are valid and so are your documents such as passport.

You just have ti wait for IRCC to send you the PPR/

Sir thank you so much for the advice.

We all are really great full for your self-less service .... You should know that you are always in our prayers!

@legalfalcon

Aliasoufan

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I always thought I need an AL even for pre March. I didn't realise once I have a valid document I can travel without restriction. I just checked the government website to confirm the info and you are absolutely right. Thank you! It is very useful. I might be able to go earlier than I thought.
HEllo,

Can you please share the link where is is clearly mentioned that you do not need an AL with your new copr if you are a pre march?

Thank you in advance and goodluck!

JagjyotSingh

Star Member
Mar 30, 2020
I got my medical done on May 8th and the portal got updated that I passed on May 14th.

I didn’t send any email or raised any webform to inform about my medical.
Thanks for the heads-up.
May I know your VO ?
Also, where did you complete your medicals ? (assuming you are in India)

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
Yes you can travel with valid document because you received your COPR before March 18th 2020. The restrictions do not apply to us. This was announced in March 2020

Someone a while back did say that it was mentioned in their new COPR that the new one is a replacement of the old one first approved on *insert date*

I would need to confirm if same is mentioned in mine

One of the emails I received from IRCC stated *As your CoPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, it appears you currently qualify for an exemption from the travel restrictions*
I saw the last statement in my previous email too, when they asked me if I was ready to travel. That all make sense now. I submitted my documents yesterday. Hopefully we both get it soon. I will confirm once I receive my new COPR too. Thanks :)

guocamole

Mar 30, 2020
HEllo,

Can you please share the link where is is clearly mentioned that you do not need an AL with your new copr if you are a pre march?

Thank you in advance and goodluck!
Hi, see the link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#expired

If we approved your permanent residence application and we issued you a COPR on or before March 18, 2020, you’re exempt from the travel restrictions.
However, you can’t travel to Canada on expired documents. We’ll contact you (if we haven’t already) to ask you if you’re able to travel to Canada now, to live and settle here. After we receive your reply, we will respond to you within 4 weeks. Once we approve you to come to Canada, we’ll issue you the documents you need to travel.

So either travel with expired document + AL, or travel with new COPR without AL, as long as you are pre March. That's my understanding.

Rowsp

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Hi
I received my GCMS notes recently. Upon checking it, I saw that counterfoil/COPR was issued for my spouse and me but not for my child. Even the document number is there.
But the status shows cancelled.
Under Assessment, eligibility, criminality and medical is passed. Info sharing in progress. Nothing is mentioned under final.
I am wondering will my application be reassessed?
Aor Jan 2019

LardiaMagellan

Sep 29, 2018
Hello all,

I hope you are all doing great and are staying positive for that golden email.

So I have received my golden email PPR to re-submit my passport again for a new visa with a new COPR last Friday. It was a great relief for me seeing and reading here that some people are still waiting, and I wish them good luck hopefully it won't take longer.

However, my first COPR and Visa was issued when I was in the USA well before COVID madness happened. As some people did, I moved back home to stay closer with my family during that uncertain time. Now, IRCC has asked me to submit my passport again to OTTAWA if I do have an address in the USA or update them so they can give me a local visa office.

My question now is, is it possible to ask a friend in the USA to send my passport to IRCC on my behalf? My biggest fear is that local visa offices where I live currently, in Africa, are very slow, and I want to avoid my passport being stuck here for over a year without any outcome.

Has anybody done that? What are your suggestions ? Thank you all

DixvilleNotch

Mar 11, 2019
Hello all,

I hope you are all doing great and are staying positive for that golden email.

So I have received my golden email PPR to re-submit my passport again for a new visa with a new COPR last Friday. It was a great relief for me seeing and reading here that some people are still waiting, and I wish them good luck hopefully it won't take longer.

However, my first COPR and Visa was issued when I was in the USA well before COVID madness happened. As some people did, I moved back home to stay closer with my family during that uncertain time. Now, IRCC has asked me to submit my passport again to OTTAWA if I do have an address in the USA or update them so they can give me a local visa office.

My question now is, is it possible to ask a friend in the USA to send my passport to IRCC on my behalf? My biggest fear is that local visa offices where I live currently, in Africa, are very slow, and I want to avoid my passport being stuck here for over a year without any outcome.

Has anybody done that? What are your suggestions ? Thank you all
No don't do that. Just write them an email and tell them that you are currently back home and would like to submit the passport there. They will send you a new set of instructions to send the passport in your home country. It might take two more weeks, but the passport stamping process will be easier.

PkMolaJi

Sep 21, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-01-2018
Doc's Request.
01-05-2018
Nomination.....
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
25-10-2018
Med's Request
12-05-2019
Med's Done....
10-06-2019
Passport Req..
30-06-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-08-2019
CoPR expired July 2020.
Email received from IRCC, are you still interested... on 7 April 20201
Thanks God I have received MR on 13 May 2021.

Reactions: FatemahPK