+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

shrutiY

Jul 10, 2016
Hi, my husband is primary applicant and he is PR holder , my COPR expired on August 24th 2020, received email from CIC regarding my medicals expiring on January 21 2021, i am not sure that was 4 pointer email, i have planned to travel to Canada in January 2021. I have submitted web form and replied to email on Dec 3rd, there is no reply from CIC, bit worried and this wait is killing me.. does anyone having same issue and can you please share your timelines if you have received new COPR, thanks!

SARA KHAN

Star Member
Jul 10, 2014
Canada
Hi, my husband is primary applicant and he is PR holder , my COPR expired on August 24th 2020, received email from CIC regarding my medicals expiring on January 21 2021, i am not sure that was 4 pointer email, i have planned to travel to Canada in January 2021. I have submitted web form and replied to email on Dec 3rd, there is no reply from CIC, bit worried and this wait is killing me.. does anyone having same issue and can you please share your timelines if you have received new COPR, thanks!
I have same case. Didnot get new COPR yet. Do you know your visa office?

garbaczpaula

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-09-2019
Med's Done....
21-10-2019
I have just receive a response to my request for authorisation to travel letter. We applied from the UK, but then in preparation for our permanent move to Canada we sold our house and belongings and moved in with our family in Poland (it was only meant to be for a couple of months while we were waiting for the restrictions to be lifted) IRCC is now asking me to confirm my current residential address. Would I have any issues because of this at all? And what proof can I provide if I am just staying there temporarily? Thank you in advance
M

Djsingh44

Star Member
Aug 23, 2019
Germany
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
22-12-2019
Med's Done....
13-01-2020
I have just receive a response to my request for authorisation to travel letter. We applied from the UK, but then in preparation for our permanent move to Canada we sold our house and belongings and moved in with our family in Poland (it was only meant to be for a couple of months while we were waiting for the restrictions to be lifted) IRCC is now asking me to confirm my current residential address. Would I have any issues because of this at all? And what proof can I provide if I am just staying there temporarily? Thank you in advance
M
When did you raised webform and under which category? I raised it and yet to receive any response

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
M
Why do you think it would be a problem ? It might actually help if you can provide evidence that you sold your house with the intention to relocate to Canada...

garbaczpaula

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
29-09-2019
Med's Done....
21-10-2019
Why do you think it would be a problem ? It might actually help if you can provide evidence that you sold your house with the intention to relocate to Canada...
Heck knows with them! I’m stressed and excited at the same time. COPR approved after March 18th and now expired. However I received my ppr on 13th March so maybe they will issue us with AL? Otherwise they would have ignored my request right?

moe_218

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Heck knows with them! I’m stressed and excited at the same time. COPR approved after March 18th and now expired. However I received my ppr on 13th March so maybe they will issue us with AL? Otherwise they would have ignored my request right?
Whats the issue date of your COPR ? It should ve written somewhere on it. If it's issued before March 18 then perhaps you are right ! But even if not, still a good sign actually.

Did they ask for anything else apart from your current address?

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
Ohkay. Not exactly the same case but we fall under family reunification.
Yes it’s a family reunification at the end of the day but seriously we are waiting and waiting did you get the remed request or anything? So what is your case? Husband sponsored you?

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Yes it’s a family reunification at the end of the day but seriously we are waiting and waiting did you get the remed request or anything? So what is your case? Husband sponsored you?
I am an inland principal applicant(Now PR) and my wife is outland dependent. I got the PR in Feb as directed by IRCC. On my PR my wife got the COPR valid till June 7. She was supposed to fly in May but could not because of travel ban.
So, our file is same but we both have different statuses now.
So I do not know what is happening.
No med request. No 4pt email.
Sent multiple RTT forms with all the stuff that are asked in 4pt email but no movement at all.

That is why now I am doubting on their policy of prioritizing "family reunification". As I have not seen anyone from family reunification(close/immediate family) getting an AL. Even in articles and posts I read about immediate family members stranded in different countries.

• Sad
Reactions: Fmegha86

Fmegha86

Mar 8, 2017
I am an inland principal applicant(Now PR) and my wife is outland dependent. I got the PR in Feb as directed by IRCC. On my PR my wife got the COPR valid till June 7. She was supposed to fly in May but could not because of travel ban.
So, our file is same but we both have different statuses now.
So I do not know what is happening.
No med request. No 4pt email.
Sent multiple RTT forms with all the stuff that are asked in 4pt email but no movement at all.

That is why now I am doubting on their policy of prioritizing "family reunification". As I have not seen anyone from family reunification(close/immediate family) getting an AL. Even in articles and posts I read about immediate family members stranded in different countries.
Yes I am conversing with some of other members from the group in dm who are the cases like us and some of them have grace meds expired since nov and till now they have not received any remed req or AL nothing moving and it’s scaring the hell out of me just to think what will become of our applications if it’s just not moving. The agent said Ndvo has some set priorities on basis of which they are prioritizing the applications. But am not sure what those are as we are also hanging since March now