+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
These are not travel exempted skills and look more like the skills which can operate in Canada during CoVID restrictions.

There is a note in the same link which states that:

Workers performing duties in an essential service or function identified in this document may not be equally exempted from the “Minimizing the Risk of COVID-19 in Canada Orders” which prohibit entry of foreign nationals into Canada or from the 14-day mandatory isolation requirements issued pursuant to the Quarantine Act.

The Orders and associated Group Exemptions are found at the following link: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/corporate/mandate/about-agency/acts-regulations/list-acts-regulations.html

Rahul@01

Dec 9, 2020
Hey Rahul,
Congratulations!!!
I have few questions:
1. When did your visa expire?
2. Did you go for re-med?
3. When did you send your RTT web-form?
4. Can you see your new old COPR or its only new?

Thanks in advance
Hey Thanks!
19th September 2020
Nope. My medicals were automatically extended up to 3rd February 2021. First medicals were passed on 23rd October 2019.
I sent two RTT forms since October 2020. Received General reply for the first. For second did not receive any reply however, directly received willingness to travel email on 8th December 2020.
I could see old as well as new COPR in my EE account. Old one says invalid. New one says valid with different COPR number.

Hope this helps!

Best

Rahul@01

Dec 9, 2020
That's great news! Congratulations !
My GCKey also just got updated today with the new counter foil (13th Dec). Haven't received the AL or PPR. Hope it's gonna be an AL considering the time taken and hassle for two way courier and all. Will keep you all posted!
Hey Sameera,

congrats to you as well!
Yes, even I think in this case AL would be a good choice even for IRCC.
Do let me know when you receive AL or PPR.
Thanks!

Reactions: SameeraR

Okem

May 19, 2018
Good day All, My time line

COPR Expiry June 3rd '20
RTT Sept 2nd
2nd RTT Oct 4th
3rd RTT with Lease document Oct 5th
Remed Request Oct 29th
MEP Nov 6th
ADR Renewed Passport Nov 17th
PPR Dec 7th
VO CIO Sydney

May God grant us all speed

Raqs101

Aug 22, 2020
Hey Thanks!
19th September 2020
Nope. My medicals were automatically extended up to 3rd February 2021. First medicals were passed on 23rd October 2019.
I sent two RTT forms since October 2020. Received General reply for the first. For second did not receive any reply however, directly received willingness to travel email on 8th December 2020.
I could see old as well as new COPR in my EE account. Old one says invalid. New one says valid with different COPR number.

Hope this helps!

Best
Congratulations..
Can you please tell me how long it took to update the new counterfoil after your' medical pass' status? My application went to Submitted status after the auto medical extension.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Hey Thanks!
19th September 2020

Hope this helps!

Best
Thanks this is perfect.
Last question:
Are you a single applicant or with family? Any close relative in Canada?

Reactions: lnmora