+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
Im guessing

adding to what @kpatel1988 said..
I'm sure a lot of you have read this.. still sharing the link: https://www.cicnews.com/2020/12/approved-permanent-residents-still-blocked-from-coming-to-canada-1216493.html#gs.nfucky

Highlighting imp points as per Dec 2nd:
-The immigration department did not start issuing authorization letters until September
-As of November 30, there were about 500 letters issued to principal applicants to extend their expired COPRs, which represents a total of 840 people
-since the fall, IRCC contacted 6,000 expired-COPR holders and there were 4,000 people left to contact

so I think the intent is well there.. the execution is messed up.. all we can do is be positive and wait.
Yes. These stats are correct. I follow almost all the govt sessions with Immigration ministry closely. It is just when you see govt violating their own policies and you are in the middle of nowhere, you start losing faith.

Positive since March 2020. :)

Last edited:

SameeraR

Dec 8, 2020
Hi Sameera,
I replied to the willingness to travel email immediately on the next day (9th December). Today (12th December) my counterfoil details are updated in EE account with new counterfoil document numbers with extension upto 3rd Feb 2021. Just curious what happened in your case. For next step, we will be receiving AL or PPR?
Will keep you posted if I get any new information.....
Thank You!
That's great news! Congratulations !
My GCKey also just got updated today with the new counter foil (13th Dec). Haven't received the AL or PPR. Hope it's gonna be an AL considering the time taken and hassle for two way courier and all. Will keep you all posted!

Last edited:
Reactions: WantToImmigrate

iku2020

Aug 5, 2020
Not sure if I missed something. On this news article there was a case about a PR husband separated from his family due to expired copr. Couldn't the wife and daughter apply for ETA to travel first (as they are exempted from travel restrictions), and wait for the CoPR extension / AL to be approved while they are all in Canada?

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/12/approved-permanent-residents-still-blocked-from-coming-to-canada-1216493.html
Even though immediate family of Canadian permanent residents are exempt from travel restrictions, since Neha and Rhea are listed as approved permanent residents they cannot be issued a temporary residence visa at the same time. Even if that approved permanent residency is now an expired document.

Reactions: ArJee

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
@Lachelle @hinavin Just an update from my side! We have decided to land there before our COPR expires on March 3rd 2021 and have booked our flight tickets on Feb 25th 2021. Now do I have to inform IRCC about this or not required ?
Awesome. news. superb decision.

NO INFO NEEDED. You are good to travel.

Best

Reactions: Vineetha Naval

FrancineB

Aug 11, 2020
Copr expired May 14
We sent 3 ready to travel form and received just generic responses.
Sent an email to our local office and they responded that our file was processed in Canada and we should send another webform requesting and update. Afterwhich they requested passport and pictures. We are waiting on a response

Reactions: crackMBA

Vandana V

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
Hi All,
I have a query regarding COPR,approved on December 8 2020,according to current travel restrictions i can not travel obviously.But also got passport request for my work permit application but as per VFS its not required for stamping wp (employer specific)as already got COPR .Additionally,i have valid job offer letter and quarantine plan ,so can i travel on the behalf of my letter of introduction of wp??(exempt from travel)

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi All,
I have a query regarding COPR,approved on December 8 2020,according to current travel restrictions i can not travel obviously.But also got passport request for my work permit application but as per VFS its not required for stamping wp (employer specific)as already got COPR .Additionally,i have valid job offer letter and quarantine plan ,so can i travel on the behalf of my letter of introduction of wp??(exempt from travel)
Yes you can travel, and even you don't need a work permit if your COPR is approved as PR means you are authorized to work only thing is it is activated once you land there, only you need is the latest document from the employer and your skill should be essential which is exempted from travel restriction. We were having same doubt , but we did not apply for work permit as we applied for EE based on job offer.

Dreambig2020

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
From which country u have applied EE?Have you received your COPR?
Have you travelled or planning to travel to Canada?
I have same case, we are planning to travel soon probably this month end or next month. I have validated with two three consultants work permit is not required only letter from employer and my skill should fall under essential skills to be exempted. Even I have validated with @legalfalcon and he has the same opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vandana V