+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Anyone think that the travel restrictions might be lifted for international travelers on 30 Nov??

And anyone with Post March 18 issued COPR who has travelled (not falling under the exemption categories??

My COPR is to expire mid December 2020.

Hope to get any feedback.
Travel restriction won`t get lifted for all international travellers as the cases are increasing day by day but they might make some exemption for COPR holders. They added some exemption last time so hope they will make some more ease in 30th Update.

Reactions: BillyWescott

CA98712

Dec 9, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Hi All

I saw that some of members getting Re-Medical before IRCC issuing PPR.
any idea based on what criteria they are issuing re-medical whether it is based on expiry within one month or some other criteria
I am waiting for PPR and not sure whether they will give me Re-medical or extend my medical

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
Hi All

I saw that some of members getting Re-Medical before IRCC issuing PPR.
any idea based on what criteria they are issuing re-medical whether it is based on expiry within one month or some other criteria
I am waiting for PPR and not sure whether they will give me Re-medical or extend my medical
When did your CoPR expire?

scorpio000

Apr 17, 2020
Reactions: gtcan19

scorpio000

Apr 17, 2020
Hi!
I am not able to trace out any exemptions on the cic website for COPR holders after March.
Could you please post the link here?

Thanks to gtcan19, I located this:

You are exempt from the current travel restrictions and can come to Canada if you have a valid COPR, and
  • the COPR was issued on or before March 18, 2020, or
  • the COPR was issued after March 18, 2020 and you are an immediate family member sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (note that grandparents are not considered immediate family members and cannot come to Canada at this time), or
  • you’re currently living in the U.S. and will be coming to Canada directly (transiting through the U.S. to Canada doesn’t apply)

scorpio000

Apr 17, 2020
I would suggest not to book flights now unless you are clear about the restrictions. Flights are available and not much expensive. .
I guess the worst scenario for the Mar-2021 expiry group is that the border is open at the end of Feb, and we have to land before the visa expires. But then, we will not have much time to prepare for the landing.

Mumbai2Canada

Star Member
Feb 19, 2019
Anyone think that the travel restrictions might be lifted for international travelers on 30 Nov??

And anyone with Post March 18 issued COPR who has travelled (not falling under the exemption categories??

My COPR is to expire mid December 2020.

Hope to get any feedback.
I don't think travel restrictions will get lifted on 30 Nov looking at how bad the current situation is in Canada. To be frank, I do not think the travel restrictions as a whole are going to be lifted for quite some time. However, if we are lucky, they may add more exemption criterias which could benefit some of us as they have been doing already albeit very sporadically or they may issue ALs which I think override these exemptions and will let us travel.

People with post March 18 issued COPR have travelled and they mentioned that they did not meet exemption criterias either. The official rule still states it is not allowed but it has been done and none of the ones that landed have faced any issues.

The decision to take the plunge on this is a personal choice though. Personally, I was in a similar situation as yours a couple of months back and did not travel and now I regret it every single day seeing how IRCC/Canada is working at a snail's pace for all of us expired COPR cases.

crackMBA

Mar 2, 2015
India
I guess the worst scenario for the Mar-2021 expiry group is that the border is open at the end of Feb, and we have to land before the visa expires. But then, we will not have much time to prepare for the landing.
People are already in worst situation than this. At least you must be continuing your job and have not quit to settle in Canada. People are without jobs since March and still no sign of landing in Canada. In Mar 21 expiry date case, people can still continue if visa expires or they can come back after completing mandatory 14 days quarantine(if rules are same).

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
Excellent. Hope you get the PPR email this Saturday! Hold tight.

One thing to clarify are you an individual applicant or with family or spousal? Just wanna know if they are processing applications with some priority order or just random.
Hi,
We are 3 member, myself primary applicant and 2 dependent. Applied under FSW.

Reactions: whyCorona

prabodhagchurch

Sep 11, 2018
Congrats mate. Is your VO New Delhi or Ottawa? And were you asked for remedical or you went upfront after regret email on 5th Nov? Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I am not sure about the VO however based on the GCMS notes of early this year my VO was Ottawa while passport submission I did in New Delhi.
I received medical request letter along with IME form in my GC key account.

Reactions: wick_sran

Nishm14

Apr 8, 2020
Hi, My husband and I got the re-medicals request on 9th NOV and we got it done on 10th Nov itself. Our GC key account updated on 19th Nov that e passed the medical exam and that they are doing our background check. Since then, we haven't received any update, or any passport submission request or COPR extension. Can anyone please help us with this? :( What to do ?

Nishm14

Apr 8, 2020
I took my re meds without IRCC’s letter. Did it as soon as everyone got the generic Medicals email. I got my PPR last Saturday (after 2 weeks). Get it done would be my advice
Hi, We got our re-medicals done on 10th Nov itself as we got a request on 9th Nov itself but so far we haven't received any request for passport or any update. what should we do?

Dell2018

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
I don't think travel restrictions will get lifted on 30 Nov looking at how bad the current situation is in Canada. To be frank, I do not think the travel restrictions as a whole are going to be lifted for quite some time. However, if we are lucky, they may add more exemption criterias which could benefit some of us as they have been doing already albeit very sporadically or they may issue ALs which I think override these exemptions and will let us travel.

People with post March 18 issued COPR have travelled and they mentioned that they did not meet exemption criterias either. The official rule still states it is not allowed but it has been done and none of the ones that landed have faced any issues.

The decision to take the plunge on this is a personal choice though. Personally, I was in a similar situation as yours a couple of months back and did not travel and now I regret it every single day seeing how IRCC/Canada is working at a snail's pace for all of us expired COPR cases.
Can you put me in contact with any of those people. I often see the messages that people have heard someone landed, but I am yet to chat/communicate to someone who actually did land with CoPR issued after 18th March. I would like to get first hand information. If you know someone who is willing to discuss, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Garth 117