+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Shahanastar

Oct 25, 2018
Category........
FSW
Has anyone applied for new SIM card in Canada by online? What’s the process to do it when in quarantine? I am asking this for SIN address proof, so my airbnb address and my PR card address (friend’s address) are different. Would like to know if there is a way to get the SIM card to my airbnb address but the monthly bill to my friend’s address so that acts as address proof?
Just order a pay as you go SIM through Rogers or Staples website. Once you receive it you can activate it online. They will send you a welcome email which "may" be eligible for SIN address proof. Alternatively, wait for quarantine to be over and open bank account. The bank letter is acceptable for all applications SIN, DL and OHIP.
Trust this helps.

Reactions: SaraRahul

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Just order a pay as you go SIM through Rogers or Staples website. Once you receive it you can activate it online. They will send you a welcome email which "may" be eligible for SIN address proof. Alternatively, wait for quarantine to be over and open bank account. The bank letter is acceptable for all applications SIN, DL and OHIP.
Trust this helps.
Thank you.Let me try. :)

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi all..

after landing does the status in the application page change for PA ? I am able to see a new row which has status updated date to my landing date and document name as

y2kunal

Star Member
Jul 3, 2018
Category........
FSW
Thank you for replying.

I hope you have adequate time before COPR expiry to collect the passport and land of course.

I did contact VFS, but got the generic automated reply, saying that things are shut and they will notify us when things open us. Will let you know if they send any other replies to my emails.

Hopefully they will reopen soon.

Good luck for your application!
My COPR is set to expire in early August so it won't be possible for me to travel so soon even if the VAC opens next month. Besides, they are taking a long time to process SIN in Canada. Can't really get a job or anything without it,

Hi guys. I have raised a webform to inform IRCC my inability to travel before the expiry of my COPR (9th July 2020). I have received the following response.

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding the expiration date of your COPR and have forwarded an extension request to the responsible office.

Since your file was approved at the Canadian visa office in New Delhi, India, we have forwarded an extension request.

They will contact you if further information is required."

My visa office was CPC Ottawa as per my calls to IRCC during my pre-PPR stage. I am not sure why they said New Delhi in their email. Can anyone clarify what exactly this email meant?

Thanks.
You are fine. Thankfully they forwarded your case to New Delhi. Mine was sent to Beijing lol

guca

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
For in-land applicants, landing formalities have been waived and they have become PR directly. This benefit hasn't been extended to cover outland applicants yet, who are currently forced to either apply for an extension or travel amidst Covid or travel bans
Ok, got it. Thanks!

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Is it prudent to travel through special flights or wait for normal flights to start when the visa expires in September?
Actually this is your decision to make and your urgency/eagerness to travel to Canada prior to your CoPR expiry in this pandemic. Things are uncertain and we are not sure when normal flights would start.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is it prudent to travel through special flights or wait for normal flights to start when the visa expires in September?
Really depends where you are. Canada is relatively safe compared to many places in the world. If you are able to travel I’d encourage you to do so. Covid will be around for a while. Whether you do a short landing or remain will be dependent on your current work situation and your job prospects in Canada. The economy is only starting to get going but there will certainly be some tough times ahead.

Reactions: CountessO