+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Of course
You will need to land sooner or later. You are in the US and many US residents have been able to land. Can’t imagine you’ll be able to get multiple extensions versus cases in countries where there are no flights available. Would still be planning on landing whether it be after your COPR expires or before. Seems like your concern is really changes to US reentry requirements. Once that is clarified I would start making your plans.

nt13

Sep 1, 2017
Is it prudent to travel through special flights or wait for normal flights to start when the visa expires in September?
In a similar situation, I am also gauging what is the best thing to do. While I am able to see some Air Canada (Delhi-Toronto) flights online for end of August coming at reasonable rates, the uncertainty of commercial flight options not opening up is a worry. Also, the special flight schedules open up intermittently. Do you have any idea if there are any special flights that are going to be operated in August? I know its early for such information, but if you come across, do share.

It is better to be in Canada considering the virus situation is coming under control there, while its menacingly increasing here. I wonder there will come a time by end of Sept. or Oct when other nations would have the situation somewhat in control, while India will only be increasing due to the kind of population density here. This may lead to some countries opening up air travel between them, however flights from India being disallowed (due to huge increasing cases). This is a guess though, not an expert on Aviation industry. But, any more relevant information / thought on this would be appreciated.

Family of 4, COPR expiring early Sept.

TIA.

geekygod

Nov 21, 2017
Dear all, Quick question - We are a family of 3 with COPR expiring on 11th July. We had earlier informed CIC in May 2020 that we will not be able to travel, using the webform. We had received a standard response, much like everyone else. Now we plan to travel on 3rd July and we have booked our tickets. Do we need to inform CIC using the webform and wait for a clearance from them? We don't have much time to get a response from them. Last time they took 10 - 12 working days to send a response to the webform query. Please let us know

bun_b

Oct 30, 2019
Dear all, Quick question - We are a family of 3 with COPR expiring on 11th July. We had earlier informed CIC in May 2020 that we will not be able to travel, using the webform. We had received a standard response, much like everyone else. Now we plan to travel on 3rd July and we have booked our tickets. Do we need to inform CIC using the webform and wait for a clearance from them? We don't have much time to get a response from them. Last time they took 10 - 12 working days to send a response to the webform query. Please let us know
From where to where? Can you share the details? Did you provide any declaration to the airline .where you have to mention your Canada address or something of that sort?

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Just inform them that you are travelling. You don't need a clearance from them since you are within the validity of your COPR.

geekygod

Nov 21, 2017
From where to where? Can you share the details? Did you provide any declaration to the airline .where you have to mention your Canada address or something of that sort?
We are travelling to Canada for our landing at Toronto Airport. No declaration or address was ever asked by the airline

dashing_warrior

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I would email your VO to inform about your ability to travel. You do not need to wait for their reply.

I would also check your online account for validity of your COPRs to make sure IRCC hasn’t cancelled them. No panick, but do check. Good luck.

Peaceonly

Jun 9, 2020
Hey all,,
Any idea- when will be the final guidelines gona show up as of 30th June is approaching. It’s getting really tough to wait ( may be this question is out jus bcz of anxiety).
Thanks

rohansoni369

Jul 20, 2018
Hi All,

My COPR issue date is March 19, 2020 and expires on August 07, 2020. I currently live in New Zealand.
I have raised couple of webforms inquiring about if I will get an extension or if they announce to reopen border by end of June 2020 do I have to mandatory travel before August 07, 2020? So far I have only received generic reply.

Please advise what would be the ideal thing to do as of now?

Amir681796

Jun 13, 2019
Any idea why there are flights showing open for booking from India to Canada before July 15th on sites like MakeMyTrip. Are these flights legit or they are just taking bookings?