+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Sree_93

Nov 27, 2019
*********!!!!!!!Please help me if you have any information on this !!!!!!*********

My husband has already arrived Canada in February 2020 and I thought of moving to Canada in April along with my baby.But due to the pandemic and lockdown in India I couldn't travel before the copr expiry date.My copr expired on 13th May and I have raised a webform regarding the same.Can some one please tell me whether me and my baby will get the visa extended eventhough my husband (primary applicant) has already landed??

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
*********!!!!!!!Please help me if you have any information on this !!!!!!*********

My husband has already arrived Canada in February 2020 and I thought of moving to Canada in April along with my baby.But due to the pandemic and lockdown in India I couldn't travel before the copr expiry date.My copr expired on 13th May and I have raised a webform regarding the same.Can some one please tell me whether me and my baby will get the visa extended eventhough my husband (primary applicant) has already landed??
Yes, your are eligible for CoPR extension. Let's wait for international flight resumption or instructions from IRCC. For any clarifications or doubts, I would recommend to tell your husband to call IRCC regarding your situation since he is already in Canada.

Reactions: crackMBA

Aashi21

Mar 18, 2020
How long will IRCc take in giving visa extensions? We raised our webform in Apr and usually getting generic responses from them.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Any idea why there are flights showing open for booking from India to Canada before July 15th on sites like MakeMyTrip. Are these flights legit or they are just taking bookings?
Don't book them. I did the same earlier and found out they are not valid flights and will be eventually cancelled on the day. Just wait patiently for a few weeks before an official announcement comes from the Indian government that international travel ban is lifted.

For now only Air India's Vande Bharat flights are legitfor international travel

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

George88

Jun 11, 2020
Quick question on Vande Bharat flights - My COPR and canada visa stamped on my passport expires on July 19, does that stop me from boarding a vande bharat flight? I believe there is a 3 month residual visa validity as per the guidelines.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Dear all, Quick question - We are a family of 3 with COPR expiring on 11th July. We had earlier informed CIC in May 2020 that we will not be able to travel, using the webform. We had received a standard response, much like everyone else. Now we plan to travel on 3rd July and we have booked our tickets. Do we need to inform CIC using the webform and wait for a clearance from them? We don't have much time to get a response from them. Last time they took 10 - 12 working days to send a response to the webform query. Please let us know
Yes! Do let them know..call if you can as well

Read on this thread that a person's copr got invalidated 15 days before expiry

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Quick question on Vande Bharat flights - My COPR and canada visa stamped on my passport expires on July 19, does that stop me from boarding a vande bharat flight? I believe there is a 3 month residual visa validity as per the guidelines.
As long as you have a valid COPR you can board vande bharat flight.

Psah26

May 19, 2020
Hi

I just booked a ticket to Toronto for the 29th June 2020.
Please can you advise that a COPR/PRV holder valid till AUG 26th is allowed to travel from Air India's ongoing repatriation flights to canada. Is there anyone who has already traveled or has booked tickets to travel by the same. Kindly share your expertise.