+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I will be traveling this week from US.
Hotel is not mandatory, you just need a place to stay without interacting much with other people.
You need a place living on your own or a place where others will be quarantining with you or you don’t have an acceptable quarantine plan.

Rits.2189

Jan 26, 2020
I will be traveling this week from US.
Hotel is not mandatory, you just need a place to stay without interacting much with other people.
Thank you so much raxx.cater!!
Please last request when you reach can you detail what all formalities was done ? It will be a great help! I have to travel from India on 2nd June that’s y I m enquiring !

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Thank you so much raxx.cater!!
Please last request when you reach can you detail what all formalities was done ? It will be a great help! I have to travel from India on 2nd June that’s y I m enquiring !
Just wanted to ask whether ur airlines have updated u about ur flight.Will it run as per scheduled??If yes that would be great for us .It would be great if they start intern flights from June as we can raise another web form for being able to travel.And can get new docs.Keeping fingers crossed.

akrapovic

Apr 13, 2020
Hi akrapovic,
did they revisit any eAPR questions, Like the question of whether you have ever been charged of a crime or offense?
Also, can you tell me more about the health assessment they are supposed to do now. Did they ask you any health questions?
I appreciate you sharing your experience, I will be landing soon and I want to be prepared.
They didn't ask any questions like this but I had to sign the form which states that I haven't been charged for any crime etc.

The only question regarding health was if I have any covid19 symptoms and that's all. It's been over a month since I crossed the border so some things might have changed.

Rits.2189

Jan 26, 2020
Just wanted to ask whether ur airlines have updated u about ur flight.Will it run as per scheduled??If yes that would be great for us .It would be great if they start intern flights from June as we can raise another web form for being able to travel.And can get new docs.Keeping fingers crossed.
It was booked by my husband ! I will enquire and let you know ! From where you will be travelling ? India ?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
It was booked by my husband ! I will enquire and let you know ! From where you will be travelling ? India ?
Thanks.Yes from India.Your flight is from Delhi or mumbai ?Which flight is it?All Indian copr holders whose copr has expired are waiting for this gud news so that their process restarts.

Sidd1988can

Star Member
Jul 27, 2019
Just received this message in EE profile from IRCC

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
We have received your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident.

Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and your family members are able to travel, please notify us through the IRCC Web form. At that time, IRCC will respond with the most up to date information we have on next steps.

Rocky149

Mar 17, 2019
I followed the instruction on the PR letter, which is to send CoPR and photo to a specific IRCC office. It's pretty straight forward.
Thank you for the reply. few more questions.

1. Did you sign the physical COPR document (IRCC Copy) before sending or send it as it is?
2. You only send the IRCC copy or client copy as well?
3. Also, did you send any extra photo or the photo which is on the IRCC copy is enough?

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hey guys,
are we supposed to answer "No" to the question about application processed outside Canada? Because I sent a webform about expiring visa with a "Yes" to the question.
Should I raise another webform? The visa doesn't expire until May 24th?
I sent a webform answering No to that question since it says if you are impacted by COVID19 than answer NO.....don't know the difference it makes....our visa expires May 26th.
Did you get any response to the webform you have created?

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
We have received your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident.

Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and your family members are able to travel, please notify us through the IRCC Web form. At that time, IRCC will respond with the most up to date information we have on next steps.
When is your visa expiring?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I sent a webform answering No to that question since it says if you are impacted by COVID19 than answer NO.....don't know the difference it makes....our visa expires May 26th.
Did you get any response to the webform you have created?
You will only get more than an automated response after your COPR is expired. It could a few weeks after the COPR expiry date due to the volume of requests and the duplicate/triplicate/etc. emails and webforms.

Reactions: CountessO

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Just want to stress to people that this doesn’t mean that you can extend until years from the now when a vaccine is available. Hopefully it will be faster than a few years but at least another year would be a fast timeline. At a certain point you’ll need to travel. Being in Canada is much better than being in some other countries in terms of getting access to healthcare.