App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
By selecting "No" the webform directly goes to Central CIC team (not sure if these are the right words) and after reviewing it they can redirect your webform to your Visa Office which processes your PR application.
But I sent it to London visa office is that fine ? Since haven’t got anything from april 14

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
But I sent it to London visa office is that fine ? Since haven’t got anything from april 14
Yes, it's fine. Not getting reply does not mean that your webform is ignored. They are aware of it but sending a PPR emails again is too early. It will take sometime as things are not back on track yet.

Reactions: Farahnaz11

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Yes, it's fine. Not getting reply does not mean that your webform is ignored. They are aware of it but sending a PPR emails again is too early. It will take sometime as things are not back on track yet.
Yh rit won’t send again ... oh ya actually I have gotten a generic reply some days back ... so they r aware ...

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Yh rit won’t send again ... oh ya actually I have gotten a generic reply some days back ... so they r aware ...
All Indian extension requests are forwarded to Delhi High Commission.As they will provide us extension.So it will take time as Delhi office not fully operational and commercial flights not operating .I think they will reply us only when we are able to travel.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
All Indian extension requests are forwarded to Delhi High Commission.As they will provide us extension.So it will take time as Delhi office not fully operational and commercial flights not operating .I think they will reply us only when we are able to travel.
But my file was processed in London visa office not India ... I just got my visa stamped in New Delhi so does it mean I will get extension from Delhi high commission ?

canadadreamer2020

May 13, 2020
Hi All,

i got an information letter in the CIC portal yesterday as below.

Anybody else got like this.??

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We have received your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and your family members (if applicable) are able to travel, please notify us through the IRCC Web form. At that time, IRCC will respond with the most up to date information we have on next steps

canadadreamer2020

May 13, 2020
But my file was processed in London visa office not India ... I just got my visa stamped in New Delhi so does it mean I will get extension from Delhi high commission ?
@Canaspirant xyz Hi even we are from india Our visa was processed in ottawa.In such cases as well will our file be forwarded to the Delhi Visa office.

Reactions: Farahnaz11

DJCan

May 13, 2020
By selecting "No" the webform directly goes to Central CIC team (not sure if these are the right words) and after reviewing it they can redirect your webform to your Visa Office which processes your PR application.
Where do we get this question? I submitted the webform and did not see this? Can you please tell me the options you selected ?

Reactions: FatemahPK

Jiyva

Star Member
Oct 20, 2019
Hi All,

We have received your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

If the situation is resolved and you are able to travel within the existing validity of your documents, you may do so. Otherwise, once you and your family members (if applicable) are able to travel, please notify us through the IRCC Web form. At that time, IRCC will respond with the most up to date information we have on next steps
Did you requested to extend your CoPR? Are you inland or outland?

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Where do we get this question? I submitted the webform and did not see this? Can you please tell me the options you selected ?
Actually CIc has changed its webform format frequently during this period.In the beginning they were not asking this q.After some days they added it then again after some days they removed it.Even I got so much confused.Its ok if they are not asking now.U can select the visa office from where you got copr.Like ours was Delhi.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
@Canaspirant xyz Hi even we are from india Our visa was processed in ottawa.In such cases as well will our file be forwarded to the Delhi Visa office.
Yes.Initially I had also sent webform to Inside canada.But then I called ircc and asked so they told that we need to select outside canada as we have got copr from Delhi and they will send us new docs.Anyways ircc canada forwards our request to our local offices.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hi All,

Yes I also got same reply.Infact everyone is getting it.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi there,
Due to IRCC website, it was taking about 14 days for your PR card to be delivered to your declared address in Canada before the COVID-19 outbreak. Nowadays, this might take longer. By the way, What do you mean by "soft landing"?
Would you please let me know the difference between "Landing" and "soft landing"?
"Soft-landing" is not an official term per the IRCC; it is a term used by forum users here and elsewhere wherein the applicant lands at the airport, completes the "Activation of PR status", applies for a SIN number, PR card and then promptly leaves Canada back to their home country. They then come back to settle permanently in Canada after a few months or even a year down the line.

"Landing" implies more of a permanent settlement and desire to start integrating into the country.

Reactions: Emma Johnson