+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

mac88

Nov 2, 2014
Hey, as far as I know those special flights are only for Canadian citizens. Even my wife wants to travel but they are not allowing. Let me know if you come across any news.
Thanks
By the way when is your wife's copr is expiring and which city your wife is in?

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
COPR expires on 24th July 2020
Primary applicant Medicals expire on 25 July 2020
Dependent child Medical expire on 13 August 2020

Already changed my flight to open ticket.
In my case, after a lot of effort I was able to obtain a medical for my daughter from my ex spouse.
Question- When i put a COPR extension request and if re-medicals are required. Would it also mean re-medical for my daughter. This would be very difficult for me. What judgment can we have about this ?
Please share your understanding
Few members report of getting extension without requiring re-medical. I am unable to personally verify.

My Mom's CoPR expires in a week and plan to raise my next web-form of 'ability to travel' after the CoPR expiry.

Also, some members here have shared IRCC procedure updates as instructions for officers to process expired CoPRs. From that it seems:
  1. If the medical status on CoPR is M1 (denoted as '1' as opposed to '2' etc) then that might imply least chances of re-medical request. I understand M1 is the best health report (guessing others may know better)
  2. Individual CoPR status would / might differ for each family member - not sure if that implies officer might seek re-medical for only select family members. (again, guessing others may know better)
Overall, purely from a logistical overload for all expired / delayed paper work for visa officers and offices worldwide, I would quip there should not be much of a worry if you and your daughter's health conditions have been normal. And that there should be no re-medical requested for yourself or your daughter either. So one less worry for you.

You obviously understand the standard caveats - I am no expert, others can correct me, no way of predicting visa officer's decision etc etc. :)

Wish you, your daughter the very best and we Canadians, look forward to your safe arrival!

mailsneha

May 7, 2020
Hello,
Just confirming my COPR says the city of destination is Vancouver. I am FSW- Outland and not PNP, can I travel to Toronto instead to get the document stamped or do I HAVE to go to Vancouver?

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hello,
Just confirming my COPR says the city of destination is Vancouver. I am FSW- Outland and not PNP, can I travel to Toronto instead to get the document stamped or do I HAVE to go to Vancouver?
FSW-O can land anywhere.
PNP can also land anywhere as long as they have a connecting onward flight to the province of their nomination to convince the immigration officer that they intend to live in the correct province and have not misrepresented their intentions.

mailsneha

May 7, 2020
FSW-O can land anywhere.
PNP can also land anywhere as long as they have a connecting onward flight to the province of their nomination to convince the immigration officer that they intend to live in the correct province and have not misrepresented their intentions.
Okay, Thanks!

Rocky149

Mar 17, 2019
I woke up today with the email confirming my PR status and giving instructions on how to request a PR card. Not even a phone interview! However, I had called IRCC a couple of days ago to ask some questions about my visa renewal, so maybe that was enough to confirm my current address.
Good luck to all! Stay calm, they are working hard to accommodate everyone regardless the COVID19 crisis.

May I know what step you took after getting the email approval to get the PR card?

Rocky149

Mar 17, 2019
Yes, I sent it 2 weeks ago, but still no updates yet.

Thank you for the reply. few more questions.

1. Did you sign the physical COPR document (IRCC Copy) before sending or send it as it is?
2. You only send the IRCC copy or client copy as well?
3. Also, did you send any extra photo or the photo which is on the IRCC copy is enough?

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
Copr got expired today :( .... sent webform on April 14

kapilhere

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Guys,

Thanks in advance for all the support
Copr got expired today :( .... sent webform on April 14
No worries...think you will get an extension without redoing the medicals......quick question...did you sent the webform to the visa processing office or answered "No" to the question if your application is processed outside Canada...since this is what they say you should chose if you are impacted by Covid.
Did you get any reply for the webform? what is your visa processing office?

Reactions: Farahnaz11

preritkaji

Nov 8, 2017
Few members report of getting extension without requiring re-medical. I am unable to personally verify.

My Mom's CoPR expires in a week and plan to raise my next web-form of 'ability to travel' after the CoPR expiry.

Also, some members here have shared IRCC procedure updates as instructions for officers to process expired CoPRs. From that it seems:
  1. If the medical status on CoPR is M1 (denoted as '1' as opposed to '2' etc) then that might imply least chances of re-medical request. I understand M1 is the best health report (guessing others may know better)
  2. Individual CoPR status would / might differ for each family member - not sure if that implies officer might seek re-medical for only select family members. (again, guessing others may know better)
Overall, purely from a logistical overload for all expired / delayed paper work for visa officers and offices worldwide, I would quip there should not be much of a worry if you and your daughter's health conditions have been normal. And that there should be no re-medical requested for yourself or your daughter either. So one less worry for you.

You obviously understand the standard caveats - I am no expert, others can correct me, no way of predicting visa officer's decision etc etc. :)

Wish you, your daughter the very best and we Canadians, look forward to your safe arrival!
Thank you so much @hinavin
Yes i fall under M1 category as mentioned in my COPR letter, but it doesn't mention any category for my dependent child ( may be because she is non accompanying).
You have been really welcoming.
Looking forward to take the challenges once the international flights resume.

Reactions: hinavin

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Dear all,
I hope you are healthy & safe during these unprecedented days. I received my PPR and plan to submit my passport for issuing my COPR&Visa. Would you please let me know for how long COPR&Visa will be valid to travel with? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Hope you are doing well. Your COPR and one-time use Visa will be valid for a year from the time you took your medicals (+/- a few days).

Reactions: Emma Johnson