wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
The previous link that allowed people to raise webform is gone now and directs to the one updated on March 19, 2020. Am I right?

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Even I don't find any link in the special measures section .
Yes, Can't find the link too. Means there could be a blanket announcement is coming in that will not need the webform. Just a gut feeling.

w_P

Star Member
Mar 20, 2020
What do mean?Why will they penalise us for situations beyond our control.Also why would they waste all their hardwork in processing of our files.When govt can give extension to student visas why not to us?
I am sure they will announce something because the problem is that outbound and inbound flights have been temporarily banned in many countries. Which they know about it as well:

With travel restrictions in place in many countries around the world and international air travel reduced during the COVID-19 outbreak, we don’t recommend that those who are exempt from travel restrictions immediately try to travel to Canada. Implementation of the exemptions will take a few days. We expect to announce the implementation of these exemptions early in the week of March 22, 2020.

Harsha009

Star Member
May 15, 2019
NOC Code......
Hello all

Hope you are all doing good in this difficult time .

My application is approved on 16th march and it is valid until September 1st 2020 . as per the latest exemption news , it said ,it is valid before the travel ban is announced i.e on 16th . does it mean that 16th march approved COPR is also exempted ?

I have already booked my journey and stay . i will extend it if the situation is not improved .

Regards
Harsha

Sidd247

Mar 16, 2020
With all the travel restrictions being put in place by transit countries like UAE, Turkey, Ukraine, Poland, I will only be left with an option of flying through New York which requires obtaining a visa. With my COPR expiring on the 21st of April and travel ban lifted on the 15th of April in may country, there is no way for me to get that visa, as it takes at least 10 days to issue that. Do you think that could be a reson to reject extension of my COPR. Shall I buy the tickets and apply for visa to show my intentions? In this case I will loose 160USD for visa and 2000USD for tickets.
With the US travel ban, you won't even be allowed to board a plane going to the US even though it's just a transit flight. This happened to me last week, flying from Dublin to Toronto via New York.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Hello all

Hope you are all doing good in this difficult time .

My application is approved on 16th march and it is valid until September 1st 2020 . as per the latest exemption news , it said ,it is valid before the travel ban is announced i.e on 16th . does it mean that 16th march approved COPR is also exempted ?

I have already booked my journey and stay . i will extend it if the situation is not improved .

Regards
Harsha
They will likely clarify these details in the upcoming week. It's safe to say that exemption would include all applications approved on or before March 16

Reactions: SithLord

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I think it would be very harsh to deny you just because it was on March 16 itself.

I think they're sensible enough to allow to land.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Even I don't find any link in the special measures section .
This link??
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

Read the top of this link, it says:

This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Few things to consider who are willing to travel within 2 months:

1) Situation in your home country regarding COVID19 (where you are right now)
2) Situation in Canada regarding COVID19
3) Flight plan, look for any restrictions which may impact your travel
4) For god sake, bookmark the important websites of IRCC to get updated information
5) Keep yourself and your family safe. You don't want to be sick at the time you board the plane as you will be kicked out and need to present a health certificate next time you wanna board if you think your sickness if not due to COVID19

1), 2) and 3) above are changing on daily basis so you cant predict what might happen in next week or so.