+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Jojorabbit

Mar 19, 2020
I landed yesterday in Toronto. I didn't see anyone using Kiosk. There was literally no queue and enough CBSA staff so nobody had to wait more than 5 minutes. I completed all of my fist landing procedures (COPR) in 25 minutes including customs declaration.
Thank you grateful for answer. Hope it will work

Ali99947

Feb 24, 2019
I landed yesterday in Toronto. I didn't see anyone using Kiosk. There was literally no queue and enough CBSA staff so nobody had to wait more than 5 minutes. I completed all of my fist landing procedures (COPR) in 25 minutes including customs declaration.
Where did you travel from and which transit locations if any?

DaChui

Mar 21, 2020
Hi Are you travelling with anyone that has PR or a is a citizen?

Reactions: aurelero

CanImmigrant_sa

Sep 13, 2018
London, United Kingdom
Aren't you taking a huge risk travelling when you have been specifically instructed NOT to travel until further clarifications regarding exemptions are released next week?
The travel ban was pretty clear, that only citizens/pr and their immediate family members are allowed to enter the country.
I had my COPR expiring in a couple of weeks and had a confirmed ticket. I called Air Canada a day before my flight and they said the same 'things changing rapidly' and asked to try and check at the airport'. So I took a chance and was ready for both outcomes.. allowed to board or disallowed.... I followed airlines guidance and instructions and did whatever I could within my rights. Even the CBSA officers were very helpful and greeted us into the country well. So I don't see it like working against instructions.

In terms of the Self Isolation rule, they are recommending everyone to self isolate for 14 days. Its not quarantine... you can still go out for grocery and necessities... but no unnecessary interaction with people.

I have a place to stay here for a few days and didnt need to worry about food and grocery.. so worked out for me. Everyone's case is different so you do what suits you best.

Mj85mj

Oct 10, 2019
I had my COPR expiring in a couple of weeks and had a confirmed ticket. I called Air Canada a day before my flight and they said the same 'things changing rapidly' and asked to try and check at the airport'. So I took a chance and was ready for both outcomes.. allowed to board or disallowed.... I followed airlines guidance and instructions and did whatever I could within my rights. Even the CBSA officers were very helpful and greeted us into the country well. So I don't see it like working against instructions.

In terms of the Self Isolation rule, they are recommending everyone to self isolate for 14 days. Its not quarantine... you can still go out for grocery and necessities... but no unnecessary interaction with people.

I have a place to stay here for a few days and didnt need to worry about food and grocery.. so worked out for me. Everyone's case is different so you do what suits you best.
Congratulations! Did you manage to get your SIN from Service Canada? So now you have completed your landing?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
They have updated the website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Workers, students and approved permanent residents who haven’t landed should not travel yet. We’ve announced exemptions but they’re not in place. Travel restrictions are still in effect for these groups.

Only Canadian citizens, and permanent residents, and some foreign nationals travelling from the United States (US) who have been in the US for at least 14 days and are asymptomatic, are able to enter Canada by air at this time.

They're really testing our patience i think.

Reactions: Indranil01

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Completed the landing but haven't got SIN yet. I asked CBSA if I could go out of Self isolation for it and he said yes. I will be leaving for a Service Canada office shortly and see if I can get it today.
Are you in Canada for good now or this is just a short landing for PR activation?

sj17

Mar 21, 2020
They're really testing our patience i think.
There are issues and problems much bigger than our move to a different country. Even if we have sold everything, we don't know what to do, we are confused, worried about our immediate future. Or whatever situation we might be in because of trying to move to a new country.

There are people who are working a hell lot more than most or all of us to flatten the curve. We are trying to travel during a pandemic, putting ourselves AND others at risk. While there are thousands of people who have to work essential jobs to keep things in order, often putting themselves at risk too.

No one's testing our patience here. They are doing their jobs at a much faster pace and are likely stressed out, to ensure people like us stay safe.

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Its a soft landing only. Will be heading back after self isolation period. Things are very quiet here in terms of business and getting a job might not be easy.. not a good time for settling permanently.
Do we have to stay in Canada for 14 days or can we just return back from Airport in the next flight?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's great you managed to land, but IRCC has given clear instructions that COPR holders should not land at the moment, as the travel restrictions still apply.

So if people want to take that risk, that's up to them.

If someone gets barred from a flight or refused at their port of entry they will have only themselves to blame.