+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Sukre

Sep 1, 2018
My flight is on 10th April and my COPR and PRV is valid upto June 27. Now Emirates has cancelled all flights 25th March onwards!! Don’t know how long it will take!!

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
So wanted to update you guys.

I flew in last week from Boston and a passenger on board tested positive. Officials traced me as well and I just got a test done and in self quarantine until I get the results.

I developed a slight fever yesterday.

I was lucky enough to have an apartment to quarantine myself in. For those who are relying on Airbnb and travelling with kids, be careful. It can happen to anyone.
Good luck buddy - i hope the test is negative

Reactions: ryan1990

niko80

Apr 21, 2014

I flew in last week from Boston and a passenger on board tested positive. Officials traced me as well and I just got a test done and in self quarantine until I get the results.

I was lucky enough to have an apartment to quarantine myself in. For those who are relying on Airbnb and travelling with kids, be careful. It can happen to anyone.
While they tested him did you waited for his results or results were ready on board?

Ali99947

Feb 24, 2019

How is the test done? Is it a blood test, swab test, x-ray or something else? What exactly do they do during the test?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
Whatever the case i have been told to keep my posts civil. So taking precautions.

Don't travel prior to announcement. It risks your health and others and also the reputations. One spike in corona virus active cases might lead to devastating results so please don't contribute in it by travelling immediately without taking any precautions.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
I am planning to write web form. Do you think this kind of letter is OK?

First I will ask for extension, then:
Situation in the USA regarding COVID19 is not stable. The province I am living in issued a stay at home order to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus in the area. The restrictions will take place from March 24, 2020 and will require people to stay at home when possible except for essential activities. Additionally, there is a possibility to capture coronavirus infection while travelling to Canada. We are also worried that currently it might be challenging for getting settled as a new permanent resident in Canada.

Do you think these are enough to tell?

Reactions: Adam261

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Job market is seriously hit in Toronto:

I am in IT and in last one month and a half I gave 10+ interviews in Toronto based companies. I had 4 interviews (last round) scheduled in first week of April and already cleared all rounds for 2 companies and was to meet them for final discussion this week. In last 6 days all of them either cancelled the interviews or dropped the openings altogether. Received the last cancellation email a minute ago :( . I had a temp Canada number from spikko and was getting atleast 2-3 calls everyday from US or Canada based recruiters. Now there is complete silence. No recruiter call from last week. No new linked in job posts coming in too.

Is anyone else also going through similar cancellations or is it just my profile?

Seems like even if I get there it's gonna be extremely difficult to get a job till Corona goes away completely. o_O

ryan1990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Thanks for the wishes guys, appreciate it.

It's a nasal swab that goes deep into your nose. I was tested at home.

Adam261

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I am planning to write web form. Do you think this kind of letter is OK?

First I will ask for extension, then:
Situation in the USA regarding COVID19 is not stable. The province I am living in issued a stay at home order to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus in the area. The restrictions will take place from March 24, 2020 and will require people to stay at home when possible except for essential activities. Additionally, there is a possibility to capture coronavirus infection while travelling to Canada. We are also worried that currently it might be challenging for getting settled as a new permanent resident in Canada.

Do you think these are enough to tell?
bro , i dont know what we should write in the webform
mine had similar reasons ,, is that enough for them ?
someone help

anyone got extension on his COPR yet ?

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
bro , i dont know what we should write in the webform
mine had similar reasons ,, is that enough for them ?
someone help

anyone got extension on his COPR yet ?
it is definitely not a good time to travel. hope IRCC will cancel travel of COPR holders. It also depends on us, we should write web form and ask for extension.

Dia89

Mar 16, 2020
it is definitely not a good time to travel. hope IRCC will cancel travel of COPR holders. It also depends on us, we should write web form and ask for extension.
For God sake, please only speak fr yourself. Dont travel if you dont want to, let everybdy decide for themselves. Ask fr extension if you want, but thats not what everybody wants to do, so there is no 'We' in this.

nyiable

Jun 18, 2018
“Deadline for responding to an ITA
Upon receipt of an ITA, a candidate has 60 calendar days to do one of the following:

- Submit a complete application for permanent residence (APR) in their online account. This includes providing all supporting documentation up front.

-Decline the ITA in their online account”

As the CIC website states that there are 60 days to submit the application after receiving ITA but somehow mine is 90 days (ITA Feb 19th and 58 days left to submit). Is it strange or because of Covid-19?

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
For God sake, please only speak fr yourself. Dont travel if you dont want to, let everybdy decide for themselves. Ask fr extension if you want, but thats not what everybody wants to do, so there is no 'We' in this.
this was my guess, sorry if it is against yours