Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Are flights taking off from Delhi airport? I'm flying American to Toronto (on 8/4) however the same flight was cancelled yesterday.
All international arrivals are cancelled at Delhi airport till about 28th midnight as per DGCA guidelines. Which means there will be no international departures as well. Unless, there is an extension to this ban international flights and resume departing on 29th-30th March depending on when the arriving flight can land.

teebon

Mar 23, 2020
I think we should be good as well. my understanding is that it date of COPR should be on or before March 16th
If you had been approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16th, 2020, you are exampted from the travel restrictions.
They are very specific about approved term here, check online application that what is your approved application date, it would be appearing under final decision heading.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
With all the travel restrictions being put in place by transit countries like UAE, Turkey, Ukraine, Poland, I will only be left with an option of flying through New York which requires obtaining a visa. With my COPR expiring on the 21st of April and travel ban lifted on the 15th of April in may country, there is no way for me to get that visa, as it takes at least 10 days to issue that. Do you think that could be a reson to reject extension of my COPR. Shall I buy the tickets and apply for visa to show my intentions? In this case I will loose 160USD for visa and 2000USD for tickets.
No, why should you lose all that money just to show intent?

Your circumstances are clear, explain that in your webform when you ask for an extension.

Molino de Viente

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Kazakhstan
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26/04/2019
Med's Done....
06/06/2019
Passport Req..
31/10/2019
No, why should you lose all that money just to show intent?

Your circumstances are clear, explain that in your webform when you ask for an extension.
Thank you for sharing your oppinion. I really hope at least UAE does not extend its travel ban :(
Are there anyone whose COPR has already expired? Any response to the web-form? I cannot reach the Home page of cic.gc.ca web-site for some reason. Is it only me, or anybody else has that issue?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Thank you for sharing your oppinion. I really hope at least UAE does not extend its travel ban :(
Are there anyone whose COPR has already expired? Any response to the web-form? I cannot reach the Home page of cic.gc.ca web-site for some reason. Is it only me, or anybody else has that issue?
Loading ok for me

saad_im

Jan 27, 2019
Canada
Clear your browser cache and try again. Working fine for me.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Guys, please let us know when the exemption goes live.

I'm on such a knife edge right now, travel ban in my country is going to be implemented as from 31 March.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
With all the travel restrictions being put in place by transit countries like UAE, Turkey, Ukraine, Poland, I will only be left with an option of flying through New York which requires obtaining a visa. With my COPR expiring on the 21st of April and travel ban lifted on the 15th of April in may country, there is no way for me to get that visa, as it takes at least 10 days to issue that. Do you think that could be a reson to reject extension of my COPR. Shall I buy the tickets and apply for visa to show my intentions? In this case I will loose 160USD for visa and 2000USD for tickets.
Maybe you should check the US visa site given sure I read somewhere, maybe wrong , that only US citizens, green card holders, authorised work permits and immediate family members are allowed into the US at present.

In fact I think they have suspended all immigrant and non immigrant visa appointments until further notice

Last edited:

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
[

Oh my. First of all don't worry. Just clear your head about what you wanna do. Raise a simple webform regarding your travel date and your CoPR expiry. And mention that based on current situations which are changing on daily basis regarding lockdowns, travel bans and flight cancellations there are chances which might affect my planned travel. So could you please tag my application for CoPR extension. I will try to travel to Canada as per planned date provided there will be no restrictions at that time. Will raise another webform to inform you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

No one is rejecting the extension requests it is a COVID19 situation unless you say I missed my flight coz I forgot that i have to travel to Canada. We have bigger problems to deal with as of now. Just relax!
You are so positive and confident!!Btw what is ur status U have settled in Canada?

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
You are so positive and confident!!Btw what is ur status U have settled in Canada?
My status is 50-50. Travel or CoPR extension. It all depends if things go normal or in control by 15th April. I will act accordingly. It's not the time to panic it's time to act smart. Like how virus is spreading from person to person, spread awareness from person to person in same way to maintain social distancing.