+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
[
I raised 2 webforms.First for inside canada on 14th.But in that I did not uploaded any tickets and just asked for extension due to threat of corona and possibility if flight cancellation.Then on 15th I booked direct flight to Toronto but on 16th travel ban was imposed.So I raised another web form on 17th for delhi office as my office is that only,stating that I had booked changed 3 flights to make sure that I reach on time but due to travel ban on copr I am not able to travel now.I uploaded my flight tickets too in that.
Now I got automated reply of 14th webform that my req have been forwarded to concerned office,but not for 17th web form.I am really worried.Shall I raise another web form.I am worried they shud not reject my request due to 14th one.
Someone Please guide
Thanks
Oh my. First of all don't worry. Just clear your head about what you wanna do. Raise a simple webform regarding your travel date and your CoPR expiry. And mention that based on current situations which are changing on daily basis regarding lockdowns, travel bans and flight cancellations there are chances which might affect my planned travel. So could you please tag my application for CoPR extension. I will try to travel to Canada as per planned date provided there will be no restrictions at that time. Will raise another webform to inform you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

No one is rejecting the extension requests it is a COVID19 situation unless you say I missed my flight coz I forgot that i have to travel to Canada. We have bigger problems to deal with as of now. Just relax!

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Hi guys!
Im in land applicant with copr. My family is still in my country. They can travel anytime but the problem is here in canada. If by next week they will announce that copr holders can enter canada, is my family be able to travel though my copr is not validated yet? As fas as I know, before this covid thing, dependents cannot land unless the principal applicant landed first.
I cannot validated my copr as the border is closed and the in-person landing interview is cancelled. I sent a webform last march 17 asking for telephone landing interview or extension of our copr, no response yet.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Lachelle

Sep 25, 2017
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
April 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
February 17,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 27,2020
Copr will expire on april 13

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Hi guys!
Im in land applicant with copr. My family is still in my country. They can travel anytime but the problem is here in canada. If by next week they will announce that copr holders can enter canada, is my family be able to travel though my copr is not validated yet? As fas as I know, before this covid thing, dependents cannot land unless the principal applicant landed first.
I cannot validated my copr as the border is closed and the in-person landing interview is cancelled. I sent a webform last march 17 asking for telephone landing interview or extension of our copr, no response yet.
Every person needs to take appointment for interview?

Regarding your question, principal applicant must get PR before or together with dependents.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
[

Oh my. First of all don't worry. Just clear your head about what you wanna do. Raise a simple webform regarding your travel date and your CoPR expiry. And mention that based on current situations which are changing on daily basis regarding lockdowns, travel bans and flight cancellations there are chances which might affect my planned travel. So could you please tag my application for CoPR extension. I will try to travel to Canada as per planned date provided there will be no restrictions at that time. Will raise another webform to inform you.

No one is rejecting the extension requests it is a COVID19 situation unless you say I missed my flight coz I forgot that i have to travel to Canada. We have bigger problems to deal with as of now. Just relax!
Thanks a lot.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019
Hi guys!

It looks like they may have to wait until you finish your landing. I think they should be fine to wait till that happens. Don't ask them to risk it and be stranded.

Ziyad

Jul 29, 2019
The UAE announced that they are closing all inbound and outbound flights from March 25 so there’s no way I can get to Canada before my COPR expires on April 6.
The IRCC needs to take all this into consideration and provide an extension as there’s no way I can travel now and I know that there are 1000s of cases affected by the outbreak so hopefully some positive news from them soon would really calm everyone.

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
[

Thanks!
Do you guys know if non-essential travel restrictions apply to air travel from the US as well?

Indranil01

Mar 19, 2020
Are flights taking off from Delhi airport? I'm flying American to Toronto (on 8/4) however the same flight was cancelled yesterday.

Jane2019

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
@niko80 @whyCorona

Thanks! Interesting thing is that my COPR was approved on March 18th — so after March 16. Would that mean I could land in Canada from the US as a foreign national? I have been in the US for more than 14 days..

Last edited:

Abdulgafar

Jun 1, 2019
The UAE announced that they are closing all inbound and outbound flights from March 25 so there’s no way I can get to Canada before my COPR expires on April 6.
The IRCC needs to take all this into consideration and provide an extension as there’s no way I can travel now and I know that there are 1000s of cases affected by the outbreak so hopefully some positive news from them soon would really calm everyone.
We're in the same boat, dear. Mine expires on April 4, and my flight from UAE was already scheduled for March 27. My hope now is that when UAE lifts these restrictions in 2 weeks' time, IRCC would have extender our COPR's by then. I will send a webform with immediate alacrity.