+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
your point very valid. however , cannot travel is very subjective.

MOST COUNTRIES including India , have limitations only on receiving flights , not on boarding flights to outside the country.
some people landed in the lest few days using COPRs despite the ban.

straight technically speaking most of us can land !!!!.

but if you looked at it in terms of : housing , jobs , quarantine , shut down in Canada and the ability to return back home in the near future , it will be a very difficult situation to land at that time. the big question : this will be considered and extensions issued ???
or only people from countries that literally shut down the airport , like Kuwait ,Peru , etc ???
Guys I called 2 travel agents.Both flights are banned in and out.Why are u all getting so confused.Just put date from 23 to 31 march in make my trip.U wont find any flight.

Reactions: Adam261

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Aren't you taking a huge risk travelling when you have been specifically instructed NOT to travel until further clarifications regarding exemptions are released next week?
The travel ban was pretty clear, that only citizens/pr and their immediate family members are allowed to enter the country.
My agent called me today at 1:30 and said I can board air canada flight of 12:45flying from delhi to Vancouver today.From vadodara to delhi Only one flight was there which was reaching at 9:45 at different terminal.If I reach at 10 how could I board the flight And this was the last flight to fly.So Practically WE CAN NOT TRAVEK.

Sidd247

Mar 16, 2020
Hi All,

I just checked in for my Air Canada flight from London Heathrow to Toronto with COPR( no immediate family member with canadian passport or PR, my family is traveling with me on COPR).
The checkin desk called to confirm if we are ok to board. She said that things are changing every hour so you go when you can.
I will advise if anyone has a confirmed ticket go to the airport and try.
I am planning to return shortly but not sure about the self isolation rule.
I’ll keep you guys updated once I complete my landing.
Congrats. Please can you confirm who she called. So us coming later on can refer them to call same if any issues at checkin?

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
No.I called mumbai airport.All in bound and outbound flights are suspended.
Your CoPR expiry is 25th March. My flight for 24th March is cancelled by BA due to international flight ban in India. You already have a solid case to ask for extension. As You are blocked at both ends. Cannot enter Canada and Cannot leave India.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Thanks a lot.Its a big relief.
Your CoPR expiry is 25th March. My flight for 24th March is cancelled by BA due to international flight ban in India. You already have a solid case to ask for extension. As You are blocked at both ends. Cannot enter Canada and Cannot leave India.
U have filled webform??You are also unable to travel.Flights are susoended til29th.U can fly after 29th.

Last edited:

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
U have filled webform??You are also unable to travel.When is ur copr expiry??
Mine expire on 31st March. I filled webform once and received a generic reply. I am waiting for exemption announcement and will accordingly raise the form again. Just want to see what date they give and if there is any other additional details for people stuck like us.

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Mine expire on 31st March. I filled webform once and received a generic reply. I am waiting for exemption announcement and will accordingly raise the form again. Just want to see what date they give and if there is any other additional details for people stuck like us.
Did you fill webform before 18th? Although I can technically travel I would prefer to wait because of the risk to capture virus. I will write webform about this asking for extension. Do you think this sounds reasonable?

SWB

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Did you fill webform before 18th? Although I can technically travel I would prefer to wait because of the risk to capture virus. I will write webform about this asking for extension. Do you think this sounds reasonable?
Yes we have asked on the basis that it is absolutely unsafe to travel and further self isolation is difficult with airbnb....further technically we need to wait for further announcements

niko80

Apr 21, 2014
Yes we have asked on the basis that it is absolutely unsafe to travel and further self isolation is difficult with airbnb....further technically we need to wait for further announcements
you did not get response to this request?

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
U have filled webform??You are also unable to travel.Flights are susoended til29th.U can fly after 29th.
Yes, technically. If i can travel between 29-31 I will but under current conditions and restrictions increasing everyday I most likely will not be able. I will wait till all doors are closed and then raise the webform.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Yes on 18th After Canada's initial announcement of travel ban and received the generic response.

Risk is high but I am willing to take it as I have left job here in India. Unless there is a concrete announcement from IRCC that they will give extensions I do not want to take risk of losing CoPR.

Reactions: Dia89 and niko80

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Mind it on this reason, one applicant's request got rejected. If flights from origin and destination country are open, your claims arent justified.