+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Check the new notification ... Valid copr and prv are encouraged to land to reduce the number of cancelled coprs
Are you sure this is the latest update? This still seems to be from before Trudeau announced the border was closing...

sswetha

Mar 17, 2020
Bu
But only PR and citizens can land on the border now, So it is better to raise a webform request and wait if they will extend beyond the COPR validity date. In my opinion they will be able to extend the COPR date since Canada has closed the borders and we will not be able to do anything as of now

Ksirikon

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Hello All,
My spouse has got COPR today. So, can she travel Canada from India (Mumbai) during this border close as my immediate family member?
I am PR of Canada
Response will be highly appreciable
If anyone is in same boat, pls share
Hi ,
We are almost like in your situation . My husband went to canada from hyderabad , India , in 2018 December . After that he applied for me and 2 kids and we got our PPR in 16th January 2020 and and finally we got our passport's back with stamping and COPR on 31st January 2020 . And finally my husband booked flight tickets on 27th march 2020 but on 15th march my husband came to know that Canadian borders and going to be closed so he preponed flight tickets to 21st March 2020 . Still we are in peaks of stress that during this border's close also came to know that thay are not allowing COPR holders to landing in canada . Please someone throw light on this . Thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Any thoughts, guys?
@legalfalcon

The Bulletin 669 has expired on March 15, 2020 and has been replaced by the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Program delivery instructions. The salient features of the new program delivery instructions for PR, TRV, and citizenship applications are as follows:

• No application will be refused due to non-compliance of missing documents.

• All additional documentation requests will by default have an additional 90 days to comply, if the applicant was unable to meet the initial deadline.

• The biometric instruction letter (BIL) will be issued as usual for 30 days, however officers will allow 90 days to the applicant to comply with it.

• If your PR application has been approved, and you are unable to travel to Canada, you can inform IRCC by submitting a web form. A note will be placed in your application. If at a later date, you notify that you can travel before the expiry of your COPR and PR visa, you can use the same COPR and PR visa.

• For applicants who were unable to travel to Canada, and their COPR and PR visa have expired and if the applicant informed IRCC via the web form that they were unable to travel after the expiration of their COPR and PRV, or if they were unable to travel prior to expiration, their applications will be re-opened and re-assessed in 90 days. Once the applicant informs IRCC via the web form that they are able to travel, a re-opened application may be re-approved provided that the applicant and their family members, whether accompanying or not, have valid immigration medical examinations, criminal and security checks and passports.

• Foreign nationals who are in Canada and whose temporary resident status may soon expire may apply for an extension so that they may maintain their temporary resident status in Canada. There is no fee waiver for any temporary residence applications or extensions. Foreign nationals who have an extension application currently in progress will benefit from implied status and may remain in Canada until a decision is rendered on their application; therefore, expedited processing is not required. Foreign nationals whose temporary resident status has expired may apply for restoration.

https://www.getgcms.com/blog/bulletin-669-expired-replaced-novel-coronavirus-covid-19-program-delivery-instructions-march-15-2020/

kathdd1

Jan 3, 2020

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Hi guys, I am in the same boat. We have COPR valid till July and had planned for first time landing on April 10th. However due to the border closing, was confused if COPR and PRV's are allowed to travel.

But I just came across this link and it seems COPR and PRV's are encouraged to travel before expiry of the same.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html
Where is it written? Can you highlight?

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
Exactly, nothing updated since that date.
Yup, that status is no longer valid and was written on the 15th before the most current changes. For the avoidance of doubt until we are told otherwise we must assume COPR holders will be unable to land.

The other exceptions about immediate family members of Canadian citizens also remain unclear at this point.