+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Lakshmi Priya

Jun 6, 2019
Hello All. I need a clarification. I have done my Bachelors degree (4 years) in Engineering. Then I have done a Certificate program in French language (1 Year).
Am I eligible for " Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
Hello All. I need a clarification. I have done my Bachelors degree (4 years) in Engineering. Then I have done a Certificate program in French language (1 Year).
I believe it is. Check this post which explains it in more detail: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-evaluation-and-express-entry.545680/#post-6745265

In case you don't know, you have to get the ECA for your Bachelor's degree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lakshmi Priya

raiseandshine

Sep 7, 2017
Hello All,

I have 3yr Bachelors degree from India and I have done 2yr PG Diploma in Business Administration in Canada. I have ECA done for my Bachelor Degree. Am I eligible for Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees ?? Please let me know.

Thanks

Nov 17, 2020
I believe it is. Check this post which explains it in more detail: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-evaluation-and-express-entry.545680/#post-6745265

I have the same issue. I have my 4year bachelors evaluated as 4yrs bachelors Canadian equivalence. I also took a one year French diploma course but it was evaluated as one semester by WES. I already clicked that I have two or more certs that how I got ITA. I'm about to submit my application now but I want to be sure that I'm right. Although a friend that lives in Canada called IRCC one time to help confirm if the result a devaluation is viable and we got a positive answer but I'm scared because there's no option of one semester. I just chose one year diploma course since that's how long the course lasted.

Nov 17, 2020
I have the same issue. I have my 4year bachelors evaluated as 4yrs bachelors Canadian equivalence. I also took a one year French diploma course but it was evaluated as one semester by WES. I already clicked that I have two or more certs that how I got ITA. I'm about to submit my application now but I want to be sure that I'm right. Although a friend that lives in Canada called IRCC one time to help confirm if the result a devaluation is viable and we got a positive answer but I'm scared because there's no option of one semester. I just chose one year diploma course since that's how long the course lasted.

ahm756

Mar 24, 2020
Toronto
I believe that one semester won't make you eligible for "two or more degrees" points, it should be at least one year. I suggest that you contact WES again to re-evaluate before submitting your PR documents. If it won't be re-evaluated to one year, then your application can be rejected by the officer because you lose points for "two or more degrees" and they'll claim that you lied. If I were you, I'd consult an immigration lawyer to be sure.

Is your French diploma from a Canadian institute? If so, it's not necessary to have a WES evaluation for it.

Last edited:

Russo194

Star Member
Mar 31, 2020
degree, diploma or certificate of 3 years or longer - One of this need to be 3 year plus.
Masters will need to be evaluated as Masters by Canadian agency to be considered as Masters, and if you get it evaluated as Master you can use only masters.
Hi,

please advise if graduated from Canadian institution and earned CRS points after choosing “degree, diploma or certificate of 3 years or longer OR master’s, professional or doctoral” after atudying 2 years accelerated program, it could be Bachelors or 3 years diploma/certificate. I am also ready to hear if you know person who did like your friend et al. I am closely following related topics in this forum, this question is not answered, I hope it will help many..

Nov 17, 2020
I believe that one semester won't make you eligible for "two or more degrees" points, it should be at least one year. I suggest that you contact WES again to re-evaluate before submitting your PR documents. If it won't be re-evaluated to one year, then your application can be rejected by the officer because you lose points for "two or more degrees" and they'll claim that you lied. If I were you, I'd consult an immigration lawyer to be sure.

Is your French diploma from a Canadian institute? If so, it's not necessary to have a WES evaluation for it.
Thanks very much. I dont know any immigration lawyer to contact. My French Diploma was from Alliance Francaise. Here in Nigeria but the result came in from France

Lakshmi Priya

Jun 6, 2019

As per the above link I fall under the below category.

One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
ECA assessment results:
  • College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate
I am not sure which category should be chosen inorder to apply in WES for my one year program. Below are the options in WES.

Depending on your level of education and which institution(s) you earned your degree from, you may need the following documents:

• University education: Final or provisional degree certificate (for example, a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, doctorate degree, or postgraduate diploma) and statement of marks
  • State boards for technical education: Final or provisional diploma certificate and statement of marks
  • State boards for general nursing and midwifery: Certificate of General Nursing and Midwifery, annual statement of marks from the nursing board, and academic transcript from the nursing school or training hospital
  • Professional education (Institute of Chartered Accountants, Institute of Cost and Work Accountants, Institution of Engineers, Institute of Company Secretaries): Certificate of Membership and statement of marks/official examination results

Note: I have already got evaluated from WES for my 4 year bachelor's degree.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
So my friend has a bachelor's degree from her home nation - assessed as a Canadian equivalent Bachelor's degree - and a second bachelor's degree in Canada.

Does this count as 2 or more degrees? She just got ITA with 487 points but we'd rather be sure so she can decline if that is not the case and still make the next draw.

Tldr: Does two bachelor's degrees in Unrelated areas (one from Canada) count as two or more degrees?

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
So my friend has a bachelor's degree from her home nation - assessed as a Canadian equivalent Bachelor's degree - and a second bachelor's degree in Canada.

Does this count as 2 or more degrees? She just got ITA with 487 points but we'd rather be sure so she can decline if that is not the case and still make the next draw.

Tldr: Does two bachelor's degrees in Unrelated areas (one from Canada) count as two or more degrees?
Yes, She should be fine with 2 or more degrees.

Reactions: kloppity