Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
30th April
Med's Done....
18th April
I have done the WES evaluation.. what option should I choose for the below?

• Secondary school diploma
  • Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)
  • Bachelor's degree (four years)
In the express entry application should I choose Bachelor's Degree or Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees ?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I have done the WES evaluation.. what option should I choose for the below?

• Secondary school diploma
  • Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)
In the express entry application should I choose Bachelor's Degree or Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees ?
Assuming your both credentials (you don't need secondary diploma credential so I am ignoring it) are from WES recognized institute, you will be awarded points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degree" because you have four years bachelors degree Plus one year long certificate which falls under "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".

To get clear picture read below, I have given you instruction how to fill up these in EE profile at the end of the post in Italic font.

Many people's understanding of "two or more degree" points are not clear enough. People often get confused by the list provided under 1st section and ignore the other three sections below. People think only a minimum 3 years long bachelor's or diploma Plus a post graduate study can be counted but in real we can count any post secondary diploma or certificates (minimum 1 year) and a minimum 3 years degree or diploma to get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".

Here are IRCC guidelines- https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice:
One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the SECTIONS below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Or
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma (three years)
  • Diploma (three years)
  • Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year advanced diploma
  • Bachelor's Degree
  • Applied Bachelor's Degree
  • Bachelor's degree (three years)
  • Three-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year Bachelor degree
  • Four-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Four-year Bachelor degree
  • Four-year advanced diploma
  • Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Applied Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Bachelor of Technology degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Three-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]

Or
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma
  • College Diploma (two years)
  • Diploma (two years)
  • Two-year diploma
  • Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
  • Associate Degree
  • Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
  • Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year associate degree

Or
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate

You will not get points for "two or more" if your ECA on diploma or certificates come as follows-

Secondary school (high school diploma)
ECA assessment results:
  • Secondary School Graduation
  • Secondary School Diploma
  • High School Equivalency Certificate
  • Certificate of High School Achievement
  • Certificate of High School Achievement [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • High School Diploma
  • High School Diploma [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • Grade 12 (high school completion)

An applicant will get points for "two or more..." if he/she has a minimum 3 years bachelors degree Plus any diploma-certificates under

1st section [which is post graduate] OR

2nd section [which is three years long degree, certificates or diplomas], OR

3rd section [which is two years long degree, certificates or diplomas] OR

4th section [which is one year long degree, certificates or diplomas].

Applicants will not be awarded points for "two or more.." if their diploma-certificate was evaluated as any one of them listed below-

Secondary school (high school diploma)

ECA assessment results:
  • Secondary School Graduation
  • Secondary School Diploma
  • High School Equivalency Certificate
  • Certificate of High School Achievement
  • Certificate of High School Achievement [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • High School Diploma
  • High School Diploma [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • Grade 12 (high school completion)

As you can see your second credential falls under one year long degree, certificates or diplomas thus you will get points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".
When you will be creating EE profile you will be asked to fill up eligibility questionnaire first. You will be asked to answer your "Level of Education"- here you should select "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."
If you score 67 and become eligible you will be able to create your EE profile. Here in education section you need to create two separate fields for your two credentials.

For your degree "Level of education" would be your actual level of education- this could bachelors degree or masters as some people get masters evaluated as bachelors (check your certificate) then you will see another question for "level of education according to the ECA report", here you need to enter your level of education as per ECA which would be "Bachelor's degree (four years)".

Similarly for your second credential "Level of education" would be your actual level of education- this could be one or two year diploma (check your certificate). Here "level of education according to the ECA report", would be "Completion of a college-level certificate (one year)".

Submit your profile you will be awarded points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees." You are very lucky to have two post secondary credentials because now if you can score Listening-8, Reading-7, Writing-7 and Speaking-7 in IELTS then you would be awarded extra skill transferability points which may take you near current CRS Cutoff Score.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!

Last edited:

blackh0le

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
I am from India and I have completed
SSC (Secondary School Certificate)
+ HSSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate in Vocational Electronics, 2 year course)
+ BBA.

I have only sent 3 year BBA to wes and got eca done. While filling the form I see that a vocational course can fetch more points provided a 3 year course is done, which I have.

Question : Will WES accept HSSC 2 year vocational course for ECA as a diploma / trade?

Pallavi_118

May 12, 2018
Hi
Could anyone please tell.me if there is any 6months post graduate diploma in India .I have done btech 4 years and want to increase my crs score . if any other degree or course can help me to increase my crs , please let me know .
Thanks adn Regards.

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My WES ECA report is as follows..

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years) and completion of an executive
management program offered by a graduate school of business

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Engineering
Year: 2006
Awarded By: Bharati Vidyapeeth
Major/Specialization: Information Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

Credential: Executive Postgraduate Diploma in Capital and Financial Markets
Year: 2015
Awarded By: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
Major/Specialization: Capital and Financial Markets
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate
school of business

Would I get points for 2 degrees, diplomas etc option?

Also, my Executive MBA was a 1.5 year part time program.. What should I select in the drop down ? Kinda confused..

1 year program at a university College trade or a technical institute OR
2 year program at a university College trade or a technical institute

Do let know, thanks in advance.

Jun 27, 2018
Pls help and let us know if we are eligible for

Two or more certificates. Diploma or degree

Or just the Bachelors degree

Below is the WES assessment

The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated
above.
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential:
Credential: Bachelor of Science
Year: 2006
Awarded By: University of Delhi
Major/Specialization: Home Science
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)
This WES ECA report is intended for use in connection with a IRCC immigration application. IRCC will verify the report against an
electronic copy from WES. Your WES ECA report will be voided and not accepted by IRCC if it is found to be altered or modified in any
way.

————————————————————
2. Name on Credential:
Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2009
Awarded By: Infinity Business School
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: One year of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education
credential.

hyattyasir

Jul 21, 2018
hello guys
I need a little help here .I havedone bachelors (4 years ) following that i did post graduation diploma (6 months ) .Am i eligible to select as Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

JeetV

Aug 18, 2018
When I did the WES equivalency check, I got the following (both of my degrees are from an institute with NAAC grade 'A', which WES recognizes)
  • 1. B.Com => 'Bachelor's degree (4year)'
  • 2. M.Com => '1 year of graduate study'
If I end up getting ‘1 year of graduate study’ for my M.Com, in my real WES evaluation, my question is:
What would I choose, while creating a 'Education History' in PR profile for the 'Level of education' for my M.Com (from the drop-down options)?
Should I choose the option ‘One-year program at the university, college …’ for the 'Level of education' for M.Com?

If yes, then this would hopefully qualify me for points towards ‘Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees’.
Or am I supposed to completely ignore my M.Com and be left with Bachelor only, which will reduce my points significantly.

My friend with the same qualifications and from same university got '1 year post-graduate diploma' for his M.Com in the real report.
So is it that the WES Equivalency tool always end up giving you '1 year graduate study' for the post graduate two years after first 3 years of graduation in india? Because it does not connect the two courses correctly. However it seems the real WES report (since it is based on actual transcript) would end up giving you the '1 year post-graduate diploma' instead of '1 year graduate study'?

Is there any body out there who has got '1 year graduate study' for his 2 years of masters in India, after first 3 years of graduation?
And if this happens, for '1 year graduate study' how do you deal with it in Express entry profile creation?

I am surprised that what comes out various Education Evaluation Services (like WES, IQAS, etc) in their ECA, does not have a clear established and documented 'down down' selection in the profile entry for EE.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I can still see the list of 151 options post selection in the drop down list.

You shud contact wes (using the online form on their website) and ask them to give you a revaluated report. It's extremely poor of them that they don't have a baselined result for the same course.

When I did the WES equivalency check, I got the following (both of my degrees are from an institute with NAAC grade 'A', which WES recognizes)
  • 1. B.Com => 'Bachelor's degree (4year)'
  • 2. M.Com => '1 year of graduate study'
If I end up getting ‘1 year of graduate study’ for my M.Com, in my real WES evaluation, my question is:
What would I choose, while creating a 'Education History' in PR profile for the 'Level of education' for my M.Com (from the drop-down options)?
Should I choose the option ‘One-year program at the university, college …’ for the 'Level of education' for M.Com?

If yes, then this would hopefully qualify me for points towards ‘Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees’.
Or am I supposed to completely ignore my M.Com and be left with Bachelor only, which will reduce my points significantly.

My friend with the same qualifications and from same university got '1 year post-graduate diploma' for his M.Com in the real report.
So is it that the WES Equivalency tool always end up giving you '1 year graduate study' for the post graduate two years after first 3 years of graduation in india? Because it does not connect the two courses correctly. However it seems the real WES report (since it is based on actual transcript) would end up giving you the '1 year post-graduate diploma' instead of '1 year graduate study'?

Is there any body out there who has got '1 year graduate study' for his 2 years of masters in India, after first 3 years of graduation?
And if this happens, for '1 year graduate study' how do you deal with it in Express entry profile creation?

I am surprised that what comes out various Education Evaluation Services (like WES, IQAS, etc) in their ECA, does not have a clear established and documented 'down down' selection in the profile entry for EE.

The IRCC guidelines link given by user: 'ishq74' (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html) is not valid anymore.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.

bp1209

Sep 11, 2018
Hi,

My WES Report summary is "Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year)" I have completed my Masters as MBA in Finance with two years. My question is related to the post graduate diploma:

Q1. What should be selected in 'Level of Education'?
Q2. What should be selected in 'Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report'?
Q3. Will I get points for 'Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees' or 'University degree at the Master’s level'

Reactions: swapnil.d.mehta

shariq333

Sep 10, 2018
I am planning to move to canada for which im doing a PGDM (1 year full time) from MUMBAI UNIVERSITY.
As i have completed my B.COM with 2 years of full time work experience.
i am unable to find a free tool to examine Degree and a diploma on the official WES website,
what recognition are they going to give,will it be a 4 years Bachelors or Two or more certificates (Degree + Diploma)
As in many Mcom cases they have recognised it as a 4 year Bachelors
Request you all to please help me in this case as i am looking forward to apply for Two or more certificates which will get me couple of more points.

Please help.
Thanks in advance.