+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Ninja76

Jan 29, 2020
Hi
I have created express entry profile and I got points for my two credentials.My CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY is diploma(2 years) and Bachelors(4 years) and my credential analysis section is same as yours.So you can ask wes to update your summary and after that you can claim
points for two or more category
Hi,

Did u manage to get points for two or more?

Nigudkar1996

Apr 28, 2020
Hi
I have done a 3 year Bachelor degree in India - WES evaluation for that is Canadian equivalence of Bachelor’s degree(4years).

Now, I have completed another Bachelor’s in Canada which was of 2 years study because I got my credits transferred from the Indian university.

help me out in which category will I fir in this situation?

Thank you

Nigudkar1996

Apr 28, 2020
Hi
I have done a 3 year Bachelor degree in India - WES evaluation for that is Canadian equivalence of Bachelor’s degree(4years).

Now, I have completed another Bachelor’s in Canada which was of 2 years study because I got my credits transferred from the Indian university.

Thank you

Naval Multani

Jun 8, 2020
Hi,
I did 1 year hospitality foundation program
1 year Pre business management
Both are certificate program
I am getting 90 points in education instead of 98
and my canadian education is not showing
please if you guys know.. anything..
and can help me
thanks in advance

Nigudkar1996

Apr 28, 2020
Hello all, I have been doing some research on this topic. when someone is eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

as they clarified but still confusing
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

My interpretation : I think here they want to tell us that, any certificate,diploma or degree done after graduation of 3 or 4 years, In ECA assessment they want to see words like Postgraduate, Post-Bachelor's, Graduate etc or just simple two degrees of four years.

then here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

My interpretation : They want you to have one three year diploma/degree and one certificate, pretty good right ?? see next :

My interpretation : let us read again
"at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

your two or more is only valid if it is done after completion of 3 year program.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program

Now you are eligible for two or more.

but if you have any one/two year certificate/diploma/degree before that 3 year program, you are not eligible for two or more.

something similar found on reddit

My ECA Assessments are

I have a 3 diploma year diploma from state technical board (india)
which is equivalent to : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
and bachelor degree with lateral entry to second year
which is equivalent to : Bachelor's degree (four years)
Final will be something like this:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelor's degree (four years)

or diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (four years)

so by all logic, i don't think I am eligible for for two or more because its like

10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)
or can break it as
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma >>> diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)

here my diploma (two years) comes before 3 year program, so it is not valid for two or more.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program
but if get any other Postgraduate/Post-Bachelor's one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree or Masters, I would be eligible for two or more points.
for me, it will be like
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years) >>> Post graduate diploma/certificate(1/2year ) Or Masters (2 years)

I have seen a few similar cases on this forum with same question and same study as mine, I took this little imitative to clear some air, but not claiming to be 100% right, may be I am totally wrong. please share your input and knowledge on this matter.

Hi

Thank you

m_nasir

Jun 8, 2020
Hello all!!
Need help/suggestions regarding my Education points.
I have a Diploma in Engineering from Saint Mary's University (60.0 credit hrs, 2 year program) and continued to pursue my Bachelors in Civil Engineering from Dalhousie University (69.0 Credit Hrs, 2 years). I am not sure if I can put it as separate degree/diploma, although I have the certificates saying Diploma in Engineering and Bachelors in Engineering. Anyone on the same boat? So far I chose as separate degrees and my points were 462. If i just choose just bachelors it drops to 442. I already have received ITA on may 1st but didnt start my application yet as I wanted to make sure about this.
Thanks in advance

Vikrant15

Jul 26, 2017
Hello members,

I am in a complicated situation here and cannot seem to find a definite answer anywhere from a reliable source.

I got admission to a college in Toronto for a 8 month graduate certificate program for Sep 2020, 50% of which will be delivered online due to COVID19 measures, and I can stay in my home country to complete this online part of first Semester. Then I can come to Canada to finish the 2nd Semester.

Now I know that I can still be eligible for PGWP (work permit) under this situation, but my question is that will this online education be counted towards claiming CRS points in the Canadian education criteria under the following section?

4b) Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?
Note: to answer yes:

• English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months
I know as per the last requirement, one has to be physically present in Canada for 8 months, but given the current situation where all colleges are closed and offering online courses by following government orders. Has there been any communication or notice that this requirement will be waived off temporarily? As my main goal is to claim CRS points for this education and not apply for PGWP, should I wait until things get clear and take admission in Jan 2021 or will this education with online part attached count towards my CRS points in Express Entry?

Thank you so much for reading this long post and I would be glad to receive your comments...

Anithacan

Jun 19, 2020
Hi Guys,
I am from India and I have done 3 years of Diploma and then got direct 2nd-year admission in my degree course which means 3 years of degree.
Do I qualify for "Two or more certificate" category ?

Regards
Hi Guys,

I am from India. We(My family and My cousin family)have decided to start our PR journey and I do have a doubt in it. I have the below queries,

1. Self : I have completed my Bachelors degree(3 yrs) from Mother Theresa women's university (Kodaikanal). I checked in WES degreeequivalency tool and found that it's equivanlent Under graduate bachelor canadian degree. Did someone got their degree assessed from Mother theresa women's university

2. To boost our CRS score, We(Self and Cousin) decided to study one year additional PG diploma course. I am wondering which university(Alagappa or Madurai kamaraj university) to select to do a PG diploma course to get 2 or more cert points. Did someone got their PG diploma(
either from Alagappa university or Madurai Kamaraj University) assessed from WES or any other assessing body

3. My Husband: He has completed his 10th, 12th, Diploma in Engineering(2 years) and then Completed his Bachelor of Computer application degree - Lateral Entry( 2 years distance education from tamilnadu open university). Is this sufficient enough to select 2 or more cert. or it's better that he also need to enroll his PG dip course now.

Please help.

Last edited:

Anithacan

Jun 19, 2020
Hi Guys,

I am from India. We(My family and My cousin family)have decided to start our PR journey and I do have a doubt in it. I have the below queries,

1. Self : I have completed my Bachelors degree(3 yrs) from Mother Theresa women's university (Kodaikanal). I checked in WES degreeequivalency tool and found that it's equivanlent Under graduate bachelor canadian degree. Did someone got their degree assessed from Mother theresa women's university

2. To boost our CRS score, We(Self and Cousin) decided to study one year additional PG diploma course. I am wondering which university(Alagappa or Madurai kamaraj university) to select to do a PG diploma course to get 2 or more cert points. Did someone got their PG diploma(
either from Alagappa university or Madurai Kamaraj University) assessed from WES or any other assessing body

3. My Husband: He has completed his 10th, 12th, Diploma in Engineering(2 years) and then Completed his Bachelor of Computer application degree - Lateral Entry( 2 years distance education from tamilnadu open university). Is this sufficient enough to select 2 or more cert. or it's better that he also need to enroll his PG dip course now.

Please help.
Can someone help for the above query.

Zozulia

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Can you advise: I have 4 years bachelor degree from back home (evaluated by WES as bachelor degree), and I did 2 year diploma here in Canada - is this a right scenario to use "two or more diplomas etc" in level of education for EE or just bachelor? super confusing. Thanks!

habadoo

Jun 26, 2020
I'm still very confused about this.

Let's say I studied a 4 year bachelor's degree from India and then a 2 year ug diploma(not post graduate) from Canada.

will I be eligible to apply under the "2 or more certificates, diplomas and degrees" section?

does the diploma I study from Canada have to be a PG diploma?

Richdee1

Jun 25, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Please what other certifications can i take Post Bsc. Social Work, that can also be evaluated by WES?Google is not giving me a direct answer

Anithacan

Jun 19, 2020
Hi Everyone, I do have a doubt. I have completed my 3 years bachelor degree from mother Teresa women's university. While studying my graduation, I have also completed my certificate in Spoken English from the same university. Will this be counted as two or more degree certificate.