+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Flying lion. Looks like the joke is on you. I have also been seeing people on FB who have been getting invited for the test who applied in February 2020, and I have seen them post pictures of their test results as well. Have even seen others that have taken the Oath who applied in 2020.
Since it is on me, please explain why the tracker doesn't show anyone except UPs and some random online application in Dec 2020?
By the way, I really hope the joke is on me because I want an invite too.

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Flying Lion, I myself would like to be able to post that I've been invited to take the Oath. I have been waiting since November 5 2019 when my file went to in process and I don't have to take the test due to age. The have noticed that not many people come back here to report their updates. Some sign up here and then they forget about it. It seems that FB is where a lot of people go to let others know that they got the test invite.

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Flying Lion, I myself would like to be able to post that I've been invited to take the Oath. I have been waiting since November 5 2019 when my file went to in process and I don't have to take the test due to age. The have noticed that not many people come back here to report their updates. Some sign up here and then they forget about it. It seems that FB is where a lot of people go to let others know that they got the test invite.
I see... Is your Ecas still showing in process ? And what is the name of the group?

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi everyone.

I have a question....I reached out to my MP's Office seeking their help in clarifying the status of my application. They got back to me with the following three bullet points:

1) The next step in my application is the test.
2) IRCC have not completed reviewing my "residency requirement".
3) They may request biometrics.

I'm just a bit perplexed by the second bulletpoint because I was invited to take the test in March 2020 (scheduled for April 1, 2020) before it got cancelled. Wouldn't my residency requirement review have been completed before IRCC sent a test invitation to me in 2020?

Any input would be great.

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hi everyone.

I have a question....I reached out to my MP's Office seeking their help in clarifying the status of my application. They got back to me with the following three bullet points:

1) The next step in my application is the test.
2) IRCC have not completed reviewing my "residency requirement".
3) They may request biometrics.

I'm just a bit perplexed by the second bulletpoint because I was invited to take the test in March 2020 (scheduled for April 1, 2020) before it got cancelled. Wouldn't my residency requirement review have been completed before IRCC sent a test invitation to me in 2020?

Any input would be great.
Did you have about one month buffer or more , over the minimum 1095 day requirement ?

Did you have more than 20 absences from canada for your application ?

were you self employed in or outside of canada?

depending on your answers, it might be able
To guess one of those factors might be delaying your application unfortunately

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Did you have about one month buffer or more , over the minimum 1095 day requirement ?

Why you quoted 20 instances of absenses from Canada? Where is this number coming from? Is it anywhere in the rules? I don't recall.

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020

Hmmm...I really don't think so. I've been living here for almost ten years now and have only travelled 4 times during that time. Besides, what does self-employment have to do with a residency requirement?

Reactions: JHT

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Why you quoted 20 instances of absenses from Canada? Where is this number coming from? Is it anywhere in the rules? I don't recall.

I just left it as an example, as I’m trying to figure out whether IRCC takes longer on applications with more absences

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hmmm...I really don't think so. I've been living here for almost ten years now and have only travelled 4 times during that time. Besides, what does self-employment have to do with a residency requirement?
Thanks for clarifying,

I’m trying to get some clues on whether IRCC processes applications faster or with less secondary questions, if someone is employed in Canada.

As the person would be able to provide stronger proof to IRCC of their total days in Canada then.

Probably more so if that the employer is not a family member.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I had predicted this would happen. When Express Entry was introduced, the paper applications kept waiting forever while the online applications were done in 4-6 months.
Two more people just reported receiving a test in December 2020 (online)thread, not sure if this is urgent or not.

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
IRCC found a new way to screw Covid time applicants lol. People before and after us will get citiizenship and we will be left waiting.
I think you are right- this is exactly what is going to happen to us. Already 4-5 people in dec online thread have received invite.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I had predicted this would happen. When Express Entry was introduced, the paper applications kept waiting forever while the online applications were done in 4-6 months.
So possibly cic is processing online application centrally instead of transferring to local office which was causing delay?

Also multiple Dec2020 candidates got the invites today. vow... they are lucky

Last edited:
Reactions: EUK

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
So possibly cic is processing online application centrally instead of transferring to local office which was causing delay?

Also multiple Dec2020 candidates got the invites today. vow... they are lucky
I applied paper based PR around the time express entry was being introduced and I had to wait > 2 years for the PR which was depressing.
Getting the online test & citizenship application processing faster now feels like a compensation.

Application sent (online): Dec 04,2020
Test invite: Feb 24, 2021

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I applied paper based PR around the time express entry was being introduced and I had to wait > 2 years for the PR which was depressing.
Getting the online test & citizenship application processing faster now feels like a compensation.

Application sent (online): Dec 04,2020
Test invite: Feb 24, 2021
Yes indeed. I applied for PR online at that time and I got it within a month and half. Fastest PR I have witnessed. I wonder if it is not better to withdraw my current citizenship application and apply online. I would probably get it faster. :p
Ahhh IRCC.......