+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone create a thread for online citizenship test to track movement?

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
Here's the wording I was referring to either in this thread or in another regarding tests. Interviews are not mandatory for all:
After the test
If you pass the test
You may have to do an interview with a citizenship officer.

• If you do, we’ll contact and schedule you for an interview.
  • If you do not have to do an interview, please wait for us to invite you to your citizenship ceremony
So I'm guessing that they will probably make this part easier. Reading how interviews went for many applicants in the pre-panfemic life most of them seemed an informal chat on how's life in general.

The other thing that strikes me is that the result verification for the test is MONTHS as is directly said there

eatpraylove

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Here's the wording I was referring to either in this thread or in another regarding tests. Interviews are not mandatory for all:
After the test
If you pass the test

• If you do not have to do an interview, please wait for us to invite you to your citizenship ceremony
So I'm guessing that they will probably make this part easier. Reading how interviews went for many applicants in the pre-panfemic life most of them seemed an informal chat on how's life in general.

The other thing that strikes me is that the result verification for the test is MONTHS as is directly said there
Months is a bit too much for 20 multiple choice questions ...

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
After the test
If you pass the test

I have a feeling that 'AI' is involved in this system to find if cheating happened during test. I guess, the officer will review only flagged applicants after the initial pilot program.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
I have a feeling that 'AI' is involved in this system to find if cheating happened during test. I guess, the officer will review only flagged applicants after the initial pilot program.
Unlikely, training data would be sparse. 5000 images is very hard to train on especially with very heterogeneous backgrounds and faces. Also, the feedback loop to determine which application is fraudulent would take way too long.

More likely, they will do a thorough quality analysis of the first pilot. Unearth any patterns of fraud and do random testing of applications going forward to catch them.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Unlikely, training data would be sparse. 5000 images is very hard to train on especially with very heterogeneous backgrounds and faces. Also, the feedback loop to determine which application is fraudulent would take way too long.

More likely, they will do a thorough quality analysis of the first pilot. Unearth any patterns of fraud and do random testing of applications going forward to catch them.
There was a news couple of months back that IRCC might use a third party vendor software to monitor the online tests. It also mentioned that the third party will use the AI to check the presence and activity of the candidate including new tabs and windows in browser.

That exactly matches with what IRCC updated in their website about online tests. I have to find that article. They even mentioned the company name in the article.

That might be the reason, why IRCC will send a separate link to do the test even after login for test. The second link might a link to vendor system which is active only for 15 mins.

Anyway, let's wait for few more weeks. It would be a happy moment, if they really speed up the process.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
From fb group:
We should raise a fund for this guy. We are thousands in here $5 each person is a huge contribution for us and small thank you for him. If we had hired Lawyers we could pay way more. Thanks

So now they try to collect cash

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
There was a news couple of months back that IRCC might use a third party vendor software to monitor the online tests. It also mentioned that the third party will use the AI to check the presence and activity of the candidate including new tabs and windows in browser.

That exactly matches with what IRCC updated in their website about online tests. I have to find that article. They even mentioned the company name in the article.

That might be the reason, why IRCC will send a separate link to do the test even after login for test. The second link might a link to vendor system which is active only for 15 mins.

Anyway, let's wait for few more weeks. It would be a happy moment, if they really speed up the process.
Interesting. Using keystrokes as features might reveal something.

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
From fb group:
We should raise a fund for this guy. We are thousands in here $5 each person is a huge contribution for us and small thank you for him. If we had hired Lawyers we could pay way more. Thanks

So now they try to collect cash
What's your point?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
  • can wait until the in-person tests resume (date to be determined) if you can’t or don’t want to do the online test
I like the above sentence, I guess people who were not in hurry can wait for an in-person test to resume:D:D:D. Please if you receive an online test invitation do tell them you will wait for the in-person test to resume :p

Wash an

Oct 20, 2013
  • can wait until the in-person tests resume (date to be determined) if you can’t or don’t want to do the online test
I like the above sentence, I guess people who were not in hurry can wait for an in-person test to resume:D:D:D. Please if you receive an online test invitation do tell them you will wait for the in-person test to resume :p
Yeah. May be some in this forum should consider since they have/had no urgency :D

Canada4ever89

Oct 24, 2020
After the test
If you pass the test

I thought the exact same , that they might make the interview step random/online. But unless we hear official communication then from IRCC again it is just guessing