+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Can’t stop my tears yes!! How long approximately would it take for a March applicant to get this online test do you think? Hope it’s not 1 year or something.. What about the interview?

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
Start the online citizenship test
When you’re ready to take the test, sign in with your
  • application number, and
  • UCI or client ID

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
Y
Start the online citizenship test
When you’re ready to take the test, sign in with your
  • application number, and
  • UCI or client ID
You see the sign-in link..I think if the servers don't crash...they can let the entire pending 100,000 complete at their choice of time!

Hope for the best!

Reactions: calgary1991

trk1

Jul 15, 2014
No interview mentioned though, so I'm afraid this is a half-measure
Valid point. I believe test will be proctored by outsourced agency..and interview will be sequential by IRCC Officer...as for many they may be able to combine interview and oath ceremony as subsequent step.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I almost feel like going to the protest with a banner saying "Thank you IRCC! It means a lot to us."
Very seriously and joking aside ... Do you think the demonstation should be maintained or not? ... Ahsan Umar posted a status on the “canada citizenship test” group to survey people. What do you think of this point?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Very seriously and joking aside ... Do you think the demonstation should be maintained or not? ... Ahsan Umar posted a status on the “canada citizenship test” group to survey people. What do you think of this point?
I think this time when we go to the demonstration, we should demand answers to questions about when are people going to get invited for test and how and when the interviews will be completed?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Except for the interview portion and without the interview you still can't take the Oath.
They clearly mentioned about the interview part in the 'test information' page. The keyword is "May", so I speculate, they will do the interview case by case.

Here is the copy paste of it.

After the test
If you pass the test
You may have to do an interview with a citizenship officer.
  • If you do, we’ll contact and schedule you for an interview.
  • If you do not have to do an interview, please wait for us to invite you to your citizenship ceremony.
Full Link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/next.html#after

Last edited: