+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Despite the media context and the timing which did not help (USA elections which lasted longer than expected + disappointing media coverage) ... These two demonstrations are still a good start, we have to start somewhere .. .

From what the organizers say, another day of simultaneous demonstrations is in preparation: This time Ottawa will be one of the cities involved, in addition to Toronto and Montreal.

Spousal sponsors have repeatedly shown demonstrations to get results.

As we say in French " Le droit s'arrache, il ne se donne pas ''.
Aproximative translation with google: `` The right is torn away, it cannot be given. ''
Hear hear!

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
A little bit of effort goes a long way. Thanks to the people who organized and participated on behalf of us.
It's not over, we have to be persistent: The organizer told me that other actions are planned ... The next will be another day of demonstrations in Toronto, Montreal, but also in Ottawa in front of the parliament, all the 3 simultaneously ... It is necessary to make a maximum of noise and several times, never release the pressure.

Spousal sponsors have done the same thing, many times, and continue to do so even if they got what they want !

skydiving

Jul 18, 2015
It's not over, we have to be persistent: The organizer told me that other actions are planned ... The next will be another day of demonstrations in Toronto, Montreal, but also in Ottawa in front of the parliament, all the 3 simultaneously ... It is necessary to make a maximum of noise and several times, never release the pressure.

Spousal sponsors have done the same thing, many times, and continue to do so even if they got what they want !
There you go ! Way to go! Such A Great Start! Online testing for sure can work!

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013

@piotrqc Good job for leading the way.

I saw the resistance against you on the forum but you stayed optimistic and kept the hope alive. I admire your will.

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
So ladies and gentlemen, Marco Mendicino has been trying to come up with a way to resume citizenship tests for the past 9 months without an outcome until now and he came up with a totally new immigration program overnight Today?!!!

So to everyone who is saying that they are not doing anything because citizenship is not a priority with the pandemic going on, kindly stop! So citizenship is not a priority but new immigration programs are during a pandemic?!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/11/canada-announces-immigration-measures-supporting-hong-kong-residents-and-canadians-in-hong-kong.html

Fawny43

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Dana.D exactly what does STFU mean? Did you read what you sent the link for? WOW. Canada announces immigration measures supporting Hong Kong residents and Canadians in Hong Kong
Today, the Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, announced a new immigration initiative that will attract students and youth from Hong Kong to Canada by offering a new open work permit and broadening their pathways to permanent residency. This initiative builds on the 2021-2023 Immigration Levels Plan and is designed to encourage recent Hong Kong graduates and those with essential work experience to choose Canada as a place to study, work, and settle. This announcement also supports the commitments made by the Government of Canada to maintain the many connections between Canada and Hong Kong in response to the Chinese government’s imposition and implementation of the national security law in Hong Kong on June 30, 2020.

Additional measures

Canada is also introducing new measures to expedite documents for Canadians and Canadian permanent residents in Hong Kong, to speed up processing of permanent residence applications, including family sponsorship, which will benefit Hong Kong residents, and to encourage Hong Kong youth to study or work in Canada.

Application processing fees are being waived for Hong Kong residents in Canada on a temporary basis who apply to renew their status to extend their stay.

Minister Mendicino said that Canada continues to support the people of Hong Kong and to stand up for democracy and human rights.

WOW WE SHOULD BE IN HONG KONG IF WE WANT TO BE A CANADIAN CITIZEN

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
I just read it too, I'm shocked! ... Of course, in itself, I have nothing against the fact of favoring young Chinese residents of Hong Kong in view of the recent changes there, the new law of public security of mainland China, and the new abuses against human rights, freedom of speech, etc, etc (UK has also established similar programs, facilitating access to citizenship for young Hong Kong people) ...

But where it shocks me is precisely to see that IRCC has the means to establish such programs ... While ignoring the permanent residents already established here, and awaiting citizenship ... The argument of the pandemic is no longer valid, it is rather a question of political will!

It's a scandal, we must continue to make noise ... Wake up, and join the future demonstrations ... The example of spousal sponsors has shown us that the equation is very simple: We must make noise to hope to have attention .... And even more noise, to have a beginning of change.

No more passivity and you shut up = Wait indefinitely ... The union of federal employees has already spoken in its last vaccine release ...

Now, do not come and cry or lament your fate, if in a future communication they demand a daily infection ratio of zero new cases ... Before considering, perhaps, returning to work ... As I I already said it in my very first message here, the world is unfortunately not a universe of teddy bears, and telletubies which always ends with happy endings, no ... Fairy tales do not exist in reality .. Go take a cold shower, it will help you wake up from your apnea ...

The union, as I said, has already spoken clearly about vaccine (The next step will be a worldwide daily rate of zero), and has not hesitated for a single second to go to court to defend their abuse of the vaccine. 'use of vacancy code 699 (I am not inventing anything and I am not insulting anyone + the employees of the federals are not sacred and untouchable characters, it is the Treasury Board of Canada itself which has introduced the changes, effective since November 9 in an attempt to limit the abuse of code 699 a little ... I am putting here the union's press release which talks about the vaccine in the last paragraphs and the legal challenge to keep the advantage of code 699):

http://psacunion.ca/changes-699-leave-psac-take-further-legal-action

If this story lasts for years and years (Even worse: A scenario of a majority conservative government that pretends the financial effects of the pandemic, and a return to balanced budgets to cut immigration programs, and put in place pause the citizenship program, and / or change the law retroactively and return our application envelopes to us while changing the criteria in a harsh way), it will only be our fault, because we would have kept quiet by passively watching things go ...