+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

skydiving

Jul 18, 2015
I said that before, I will say it again. There is no Canadian law mentions government employees are more valuable than anyone else in this country! Government employees do not contribute to the economic production directly, they live on tax payers' money. So they need to serve people, which is providing the government service. Only when the whole country stop working, then government employee are allowed to stop working too.

Lets take a closer look here, even the police , firefighters , paramedics... who are also public servants and are still working in the pandemic, not to mention about tens of thousands essential workers....Citizenship test is one of the government services, organizing a safe and efficient citizenship test is the government employees' responsibility. Pandemic is not the valid excuse to refuse to provide that service. The pandemic has been more than seven months. We understand that ppl have fear about the virus in the beginning, cuz it is a new virus. But now, seven months later, we have learnt a lot about this covid! Hospitalization rate drops, survival rate spikes. So dear public servants, please stop hiding in your basements, while your tax payers have never stopped working through out the pandemic!

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
I said that before, I will say it again. There is no Canadian law mentions government employees are more valuable than anyone else in this country! Government employees do not contribute to the production directly, they live on tax payers' money. So they need to serve people, which is providing the government service. Only when the whole country stop working, then government employee are allowed to stop working too.

Lets take a closer look here, even the police , firefighters , paramedics are still working in the pandemic, not to mention tens of thousands other essential workers....Citizenship test is one of the government services, organizing a safe and efficient citizenship test is the government employees' responsibility. Pandemic is not the valid excuse to refuse to provide that service. The pandemic has been more than seven months. We understand that ppl have fear about the virus in the beginning, cuz it is a new virus. But now, seven months later, we have learnt a lot about this covid! Hospitalization rate drops, survival rate spikes. So dear civil servants, please stop hiding in your basements, while your tax payers have never stopped working through out the pandemic!
Outright insult to a group of people by calling them some sort of deadweight to the country and all private sector employed people are golden contributors. I dont want to relate with anything or anyone with this page anymore.
I said that before, I will say it again. There is no Canadian law mentions government employees are more valuable than anyone else in this country! Government employees do not contribute to the economic production directly, they live on tax payers' money. So they need to serve people, which is providing the government service. Only when the whole country stop working, then government employee are allowed to stop working too.

Lets take a closer look here, even the police , firefighters , paramedics... who are also public servants and are still working in the pandemic, not to mention about tens of thousands essential workers....Citizenship test is one of the government services, organizing a safe and efficient citizenship test is the government employees' responsibility. Pandemic is not the valid excuse to refuse to provide that service. The pandemic has been more than seven months. We understand that ppl have fear about the virus in the beginning, cuz it is a new virus. But now, seven months later, we have learnt a lot about this covid! Hospitalization rate drops, survival rate spikes. So dear public servants, please stop hiding in your basements, while your tax payers have never stopped working through out the pandemic!
There is no civility to debate / discuss anything in this page. Anyone not agreeing with the proposed 'debate' is a dictator /freeloader /IRCC 699 supporter etc.. so called protestors point is it's important to us and not to you ..so yeah!!!! As soon as you try to ponder deep into it, they have no substance to answer and started shooting insults to deflect.. had enough of insults. This clearly shows noone here has valid reasons for this cause and they are just doing it because they have nothing else to do in lockdown. This would be my last post in this page as I don't have to do with anything or anyone with the so called protestors in this page.

Stay safe people.

Reactions: tankala13

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Outright insult to a group of people by calling them some sort of deadweight to the country and all private sector employed people are golden contributors. I dont want to relate with anything or anyone with this page anymore.

There is no civility to debate / discuss anything in this page. Anyone not agreeing with the proposed 'debate' is a dictator /freeloader /IRCC 699 supporter etc.. so called protestors point is it's important to us and not to you ..so yeah!!!! As soon as you try to ponder deep into it, they have no substance to answer and started shooting insults to deflect.. had enough of insults. This clearly shows noone here has valid reasons for this cause and they are just doing it because they have nothing else to do in lockdown. This would be my last post in this page as I don't have to do with anything or anyone with the so called protestors in this page.

Stay safe people.
whatever makes you happy!

skydiving

Jul 18, 2015
whatever makes you happy!
sachinsoman1988
Lol, you just used only one post here trying to suppress three people's opinions and silent majority all at once. No, our voice are not gonna be shut down by you! What do you mean by insulting one group of ppl? Police, firefighters, paramedics, school staffs and others who still working in the Service Canada ?Aren't they all public servants, did we criticize them? No, we praise them! All we did is trying to send the message to those public servants who have been hiding in the basements for seven months! Not even criticize them, only just the suggestions. Then you immediately got triggered! Jump to start the malicious comment in no time to criticize ppl who have opinions....And yes, ppl who work at private sectors are golden! Those labors are contributing directly to the economic production. Without them, you wont even be able to hide in your basement! So stop your sour tone towards those dedicated man and women who work in the frontline!

And yes, stay safe and healthy, which includes mentally healthy! But dont stay in your basement for too long, cuz that will really get you crazy in the first place!

Last edited:
Reactions: andy10

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
sachinsoman1988
Lol, you just used only one post here trying to suppress three people's opinions and silent majority all at once. No, our voice are not gonna be shut down by you! What do you mean by insulting one group of ppl? Police, firefighters, paramedics, school staffs and others who still working in the Service Canada ?Aren't they all public servants, did we criticize them? No, we praise them! All we did is trying to send the message to those public servants who haven been hiding in the basements for seven months! Not even criticize them, only just the suggestions. Then you immediately got triggered! Jump to start the malicious comment in no time to criticize ppl who have opinions....And yes, ppl who work at private sectors are golden! Those labors are contributing directly to the economic production. Without them, you wont even be able to hide in your basement! So stop your sour tone towards those dedicated man and women who work in the frontline!

And yes, stay safe and healthy, which includes mentally healthy! But dont stay in your basement for too long, cuz that will really get you crazy in the first place!
What sachinsoman1988 was doing was just another form of bullying. He can even be IRCC officer or be related to one of them, you never know... Anyway don't let anyone distract you from the current issue.

Reactions: andy10

Canada4ever89

Oct 24, 2020
General note: if you feel this issue doesn’t matter to you, don’t bother and leave bad comment. It is our right to have the tests back, if it does not matter to you so why leaving negative feedback? It is not like we are proposing something will impact you?!

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
What sachinsoman1988 was doing was just another form of bullying. He can even be IRCC officer or be related to one of them, you never know... Anyway don't let anyone distract you from the current issue.
I thought I wont interact. but this one was funny. You are right, my cover is blown. I am an IRCC officer who applied for citizenship in April-2020 and waiting for test/oath. Sorry, conflict of interest had to say things out.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
General note: if you feel this issue doesn’t matter to you, don’t bother and leave bad comment. It is our right to have the tests back, if it does not matter to you so why leaving negative feedback? It is not like we are proposing something will impact you?!
Sorry buddy. Free country and free internet forum. As long as I am not crossing forum rules of not insulting people like many of the folks , I am well within my rights to post. If you feel, you need to discuss with people who only leave positive comment or a specific group of people, may be take the conversation to private??

I don't know, does this come under silencing?? I thought I was doing that?? :D

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
I don’t think anyone on this thread thinks the issue of tests getting restarted doesn’t matter. To the contrary, it’s pretty important to most of us. I think it’s the one thing we can all agree on.
The main objection quite a few of us have is that whenever someone disagrees with a method suggested they are immediately vilified with various unfounded accusations level at them. See the above post where Sachinsomm1988, by FlyingLion, is accused of being a IRCC officer as an example.
As noncitizens, we actually don’t have guaranteed rights to citizenship in Canada. It’s part of what makes a lot this shutdown situation so stressful. We can’t demand much. We can ask and how we ask can impact all of us.
Right now, a lot of Canadians are worried about their livelihoods, their health, their family, and their country. Our immigration status is not their top concern. A group of very vocal immigrants, gathering in person during a pandemic, demanding that the IRCC open up can look very bad, very quickly. That will definitely affect us. We do not want Canadians writing or calling their government reps complaining about us.
No one is saying do not contact local reps and ask for help to get testing restarted. People are saying contact offices and the IRCC. Write letters, email, tweets, and phone calls. A virtual protest, maybe have everyone tweet the same message at the IRCC at the same time to get their attention might be a very good way to go.
If people want to physically protest, hopefully they will follow all covid guidelines and be respectful. Based on a lot of what I see posted on this thread I have my doubts. I expect to see some people publicly call employees lazy, cheaters (while citing a government rule in a completely wrong way) who should get back to work regards of the employees concerns about their family’s health and wellbeing because they demand their citizenship. I then expect to see an uptick in anti-immigration reactions from Canadians saying we are self-centered, don’t care about Canadians, and that we aren’t even needed because a lot of Canadians are looking for work now.
Both sides would be wrong, but we’d be the ones to lose in the long run.

Reactions: BOYX

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I don’t think anyone on this thread thinks the issue of tests getting restarted doesn’t matter. To the contrary, it’s pretty important to most of us. I think it’s the one thing we can all agree on.
The main objection quite a few of us have is that whenever someone disagrees with a method suggested they are immediately vilified with various unfounded accusations level at them. See the above post where Sachinsomm1988, by FlyingLion, is accused of being a IRCC officer as an example.
As noncitizens, we actually don’t have guaranteed rights to citizenship in Canada. It’s part of what makes a lot this shutdown situation so stressful. We can’t demand much. We can ask and how we ask can impact all of us.
Right now, a lot of Canadians are worried about their livelihoods, their health, their family, and their country. Our immigration status is not their top concern. A group of very vocal immigrants, gathering in person during a pandemic, demanding that the IRCC open up can look very bad, very quickly. That will definitely affect us. We do not want Canadians writing or calling their government reps complaining about us.
No one is saying do not contact local reps and ask for help to get testing restarted. People are saying contact offices and the IRCC. Write letters, email, tweets, and phone calls. A virtual protest, maybe have everyone tweet the same message at the IRCC at the same time to get their attention might be a very good way to go.
If people want to physically protest, hopefully they will follow all covid guidelines and be respectful. Based on a lot of what I see posted on this thread I have my doubts. I expect to see some people publicly call employees lazy, cheaters (while citing a government rule in a completely wrong way) who should get back to work regards of the employees concerns about their family’s health and wellbeing because they demand their citizenship. I then expect to see an uptick in anti-immigration reactions from Canadians saying we are self-centered, don’t care about Canadians, and that we aren’t even needed because a lot of Canadians are looking for work now.
First of, I didn't accuse him, I ve said that he can be an IRCC officer.
Second, don't you ever be scared of fighting for your right because you pay your taxes in this country just like Canadians do. You are not a second class citizen and you deserve to have your application to be process properly. You paid your dues and have the right to know. Ok ??
Public service officers are paid with our taxes and you know what they usuallly due in normal time ? They drag their work, they are known for that. Having a global pandemic is the perfect opportunity to drag even more. The only way to encourage them to work is to put pressure on them.
I just had an example a few weeks ago with a federal agency that will remain unnamed. The inspector gave me a delay of 2 months to process my file, which I believe didn't make sense at all because of low complexity of my file. But hey it is all because of Covid. 2 months later the file was not processed. So I emailed his boss, the general inquiries email address and cc him to know what is going on, the next morning everything is good to go. I even had an email from him apologizing for the delay he had caused.
This is how they operate, now if you don't want to do anything about, please have the decency to let people fight for their right at the end of the day it might be beneficial for yourselves.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Some of the members are not receptive of any questioning. Its either their way or nothing. My intention is not to stop anyone from taking any action on this issue. Just like any public setting, they can read what I am writing on the issue and take one of the following steps:

1. Agree with me
2. Disagree and (Optional: write why you disagree) and move on with the actions they deem is necessary to achieve this cause.
3. Ignore

The increased effort to combat me and my views itself shows on who is trying to bully and silence whom. If people who are fighting for this believe that they have more than enough public support to rally for this cause, there is no real reason to shout insults or try to silence me. Why would they do that? They have enough support and can move on as my voice does not create any ripple at all in their fight for justice.

As an individual from the immigrant community, I have questions in my mind with respect to fast tracking citizenship applications in the middle of a pandemic. At the very basic, we should expect these questions from the Canadian public too and prepare ourselves for the answers. Nothing wrong with people disagreeing with me and I am not offended by it. However, Tone of some folks here is whoever does not agree with the notion of fast tracking citizenship application in the middle of a pandemic is that they are one or more of the below:

1) Government employees who are lazy and using the system for going in vacation
2) Cheaters
3) Politically manipulative
4) Bully
5) Support double standard in establishments
List is endless....

Reactions: AshesNdust

skydiving

Jul 18, 2015

Stay safe people.
sachinsoman1988, this is what you said yesterday, and now u just discredit yourself right off the bat, why the heck should we believe what u have to say after this? Better suggestion for you is for you to keep your basement strategy, but start learning how to keep promise and being honest before you offend and insult other ppl's opinions