+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Hi everybody I am "new" in here posting for a while now and want first to thank and congratulate everybody on this thread on their role but I have to point this out regarding you @AshesNdust, and ppl like you here thinking you have the monopole of wisedom or savoir who you guy are to judge WHATS OK OR NOT? why are you judging people and dividing this thread in 2 camps like we in war? we all here in the same boat here STUCK and trying to figure out how to resume the test, and thats what we all looking for but I am really surprised and at the same time laughing when I see some here acting like they are IRCC staff member trying to protect they advantage or they lawyer.. YOOOO IRCC stopped the test, taking full advantage of they 899 protocole (they play they cards which is fine), kids are at "high risks" going back to school, I am at "high risk" going to work daily and you guys find a way to discourage people to play they cards and limit discouraging ppl to raise they voice? common folks I don't get it; and Piotr to Dana quote is right please avoid the UNCONSTRUCTIVE and YAPPIN talks and stay efficient, the bottom line is to resume the tests and it's fair to claim it so let's remain focus on the essential, raise our voices like the Sponsorship folks did and see you at the public demonstration in Toronto.

@piotrqc big thanks you started this thread I just want to add this "les chiens aboient la caravane passe." certains soufflent le chaud et le froid ici et c'est juste de l'hypocrisie et j'aime ton style depuis le debut tu vas vers l'essentiel et d'une maniere ou d'une ils y trouvent meme leur compte.

And the brave soldier coco to come rescue or bash me lol... but hey again we on the same boat yo what piotr want is what you wish everyday so just chill and let's be constructive life is good and having say that I apply this rule to myself no more yappin ;)
No one is saying you can’t have your opinions about what is the best approach to getting the tests started back up. What you can’t do is slander people in public because you don’t like them excising their rights, which is what the employees are doing. That’s not opinion, that’s actually what slander and libel laws are all about it.

Whenever some posters, myself included, object to the demonization of the government and their employees, we are called everything from childish and negative to being accused of some nefarious plot to prevent people from trying to get the test restarted. That is not okay.

Many of us are voicing concern that people are getting riled up over either misinterpretation of several laws/regulations which actually causes harm to our cause when they try to use this to persuade the public/government to help us.

There is also the issue of some posters not seeming to understand that their personal issues are not national emergencies. Yes, the are important and can be used to help garner action from government officials, but this needs to be done in a sympathetic way. If not, is comes off as self-serving and dismissive of the dangers Canadians are going through.

Maybe as a newcomer you should look around the forum before throwing out accusations at people.

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
We have never stopped working because of the virus, we actually cannot afford to stop working ! else we will be fired from our jobs and then how we will put food in our tables ? my kid have to back to school, everything is back to semi normal. we cannot understand why tests are blocked? our life is at risk everyday and will be for years. ( covid will not go away ... )

the test is 30 minutes, with distance, mask on, hand sanitizer, write your test and go home! end of story.

there is no money left to invest in online-test ( if this is really the case)

the concern is still valid, the backlog is growing, we don't want to be at the point where backlog is so big, nu-manageable, and then we will be turned back to resubmit again next year or the following. it is a big problem.

we respectfully hoping IRCC to share plans and path for our situation. We all want future in this country, we love Canada , want to live and die in canada , please give us this chance.

we can even volunteer cleaning the testing facility to reduce the risk ! just let us do the exam and move on.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Hi everybody I am "new" in here posting for a while now and want first to thank and congratulate everybody on this thread on their role but I have to point this out regarding you @AshesNdust, and ppl like you here thinking you have the monopole of wisedom or savoir who you guy are to judge WHATS OK OR NOT? why are you judging people and dividing this thread in 2 camps like we in war? we all here in the same boat here STUCK and trying to figure out how to resume the test, and thats what we all looking for but I am really surprised and at the same time laughing when I see some here acting like they are IRCC staff member trying to protect they advantage or they lawyer.. YOOOO IRCC stopped the test, taking full advantage of they 899 protocole (they play they cards which is fine), kids are at "high risks" going back to school, I am at "high risk" going to work daily and you guys find a way to discourage people to play they cards and limit discouraging ppl to raise they voice? common folks I don't get it; and Piotr to Dana quote is right please avoid the UNCONSTRUCTIVE and YAPPIN talks and stay efficient, the bottom line is to resume the tests and it's fair to claim it so let's remain focus on the essential, raise our voices like the Sponsorship folks did and see you at the public demonstration in Toronto.

@piotrqc big thanks you started this thread I just want to add this "les chiens aboient la caravane passe." certains soufflent le chaud et le froid ici et c'est juste de l'hypocrisie et j'aime ton style depuis le debut tu vas vers l'essentiel et d'une maniere ou d'une ils y trouvent meme leur compte.

And the brave soldier coco to come rescue or bash me lol... but hey again we on the same boat yo what piotr want is what you wish everyday so just chill and let's be constructive life is good and having say that I apply this rule to myself no more yappin ;)
Noone is trying to limit any voice. People trying to raise voice has no cool in them to listen to any other opinion other than themselves. This is public forum and demonstrations are being planned in public where everyone might not have the same opinion. Now, you laid down some points about 'everything is resumed why not tests'...

Schools have reopened because effectiveness of online schooling to small kids was questioned and government deemed it as a valid point....
Lot of folks have started to go to office because their employment/salary depends on it. If they dont, they cant take care of their family.
Grocery stores have opened with masks, Why? People have to eat.
Now, gyms have also opened. Otherwise, all the business will suffer and people cannot take care of their family. How long will the government pay people on benefits?

Now.. On the same line, Please explain what is the urgency for resumption of testing? What is one thing that a permanent resident looses by not becoming citizen because of which the citizenship testing should start immediately. Last time, i asked this question, someone in this forum started saying.. 'Conservatives will come in.. and they can do this that...' This is a hypothetical fear mongering and when we got PR, government or constitution never guaranteed citizenship!

I am not a citizen and I have not yet got a test invite. I am a April-2020 applicant. I am in the same boat. So, my question is not biased. But, whenever i ask this question in this forum, people will loose their cool and 'protesters' start insulting in face.

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
As some of you may know...there will be 2 peaceful demonstrations in Toronto and Montreal next week regarding the resumption of citizenship tests.....I hope people on this forum realize that this is our last best chance...according to IRCC's reply to my MP's office email when I asked them to inquire about the resumption date of the tests, they said they still had no idea when tests would be resumed! Everyone in those two cities should participate..

Reactions: savarana and mostaf

orangecurtain

Dec 9, 2019
No one is saying you can’t have your opinions about what is the best approach to getting the tests started back up. What you can’t do is slander people in public because you don’t like them excising their rights, which is what the employees are doing. That’s not opinion, that’s actually what slander and libel laws are all about it.

Whenever some posters, myself included, object to the demonization of the government and their employees, we are called everything from childish and negative to being accused of some nefarious plot to prevent people from trying to get the test restarted. That is not okay.

Many of us are voicing concern that people are getting riled up over either misinterpretation of several laws/regulations which actually causes harm to our cause when they try to use this to persuade the public/government to help us.

There is also the issue of some posters not seeming to understand that their personal issues are not national emergencies. Yes, the are important and can be used to help garner action from government officials, but this needs to be done in a sympathetic way. If not, is comes off as self-serving and dismissive of the dangers Canadians are going through.

Maybe as a newcomer you should look around the forum before throwing out accusations at people.
You know I really visit this forum from time-to-time to see if there are any updates. But instead, I get inundated with with your social justice crusade. Can you please and kindly spare us your virtue signalling? We get it, you have a warrior spirit and can type on a keyboard. I suggest it may be about time you take off your tin foil hat, no one is "levelling" slander against your majesty or the "governmental employees." It's not that deep, trust me. Brown-nosing will not expedite your citizenship application either. Leave the girl alone and drop the holier than thou gimmick. Please allow for people with updates to post on here, no one's trying to read your deep insights and arguments. Don't @ me, thanks and bye.

mostaf

Mar 9, 2014
Noone is trying to limit any voice. People trying to raise voice has no cool in them to listen to any other opinion other than themselves. This is public forum and demonstrations are being planned in public where everyone might not have the same opinion. Now, you laid down some points about 'everything is resumed why not tests'...

Schools have reopened because effectiveness of online schooling to small kids was questioned and government deemed it as a valid point....
Lot of folks have started to go to office because their employment/salary depends on it. If they dont, they cant take care of their family.
Now, gyms have also opened. Otherwise, all the business will suffer and people cannot take care of their family. How long will the government pay people on benefits?

Now.. On the same line, Please explain what is the urgency for resumption of testing? What is one thing that a permanent resident looses by not becoming citizen because of which the citizenship testing should start immediately. Last time, i asked this question, someone in this forum started saying.. 'Conservatives will come in.. and they can do this that...' This is a hypothetical fear mongering and when we got PR, government or constitution never guaranteed citizenship!

I am not a citizen and I have not yet got a test invite. I am a April-2020 applicant. I am in the same boat. So, my question is not biased. But, whenever i ask this question in this forum, people will loose their cool and 'protesters' start insulting in face.
That's exactly the type of reaction I was expecting and there is clearely a division here which is not good for our common goal to resume the test. I sweared to not reply any comments but when you say "On the same line, Please explain what is the urgency for resumption of testing? What is one thing that a permanent resident looses by not becoming citizen because of which the citizenship testing should start immediately. Last time, i asked this question, someone in this forum started saying.. 'Conservatives will come in.. " well here are some facts hopefully will convice you on how being Canadian Citizen is important or maybe critical to certain here like me:

1. I had a job offer a month and half ago but requiring to get a Canadian Citizen Certificate; a job that I strongly believed would make my life in general way better. I lied to the HR saying I would receive my Citizenship in 3 weeks but never happened and I lost that opportunity.

2. Where I am originally from for most of the Western countries, you need a VISA, my brother is resident and live in one of those western countries and was getting married during the pandemic, my mom was present at the time and a family reunion was planned; I applied for the visa and got denied because of covid 19 and I do understand the context. The wedding was postponned until summer 2020 only religious part done and I missed it but just think about it if I had my canadian passport I would be able to travel for sure.

3. I don't know where you guys from but it's a pain in a.. to get Visa application where I am from. And once I was travelling returning to Canada and had to stop over in France (most of the Western do that) and they were differenciating people like "guys with Western passports this way and others that way" do you know how disminishing is that? they were screening me like I am the worst on Earth that really hurts my ego... if I had my Canadian passport I wouldnt be treated that way and that's why I LOVE CANADA.

4. And the most important you want to be part in full in a system where you pay taxes, live and enjoy to live everyday.

So @sachinsoman1988 it's okay you don't have any sense of urgency or whatever but it doesn't mean it necessarily apply to me or anyone else in here. Those points are my typical issues with the Citizenship test backlog and other might have they own and read the Thread theme:

I am having the feeling that some opinions here encourages passivity and we dont want that to happen the sponsorship folks proved us that our voices can be heard but it requires to take action not being passive or quiet.

Also I am not saying you are are limiting voices in fact nobody can and I I know it's a public place but put it this way if everybody in this group had your mindset (no sense of urgency since you are PR and you fine with it which I respect ) do you think we would have the same outcome? I don't think so.

@AshesNdust my personal issue, your personal issue and X personal issue are national issues why do you think we have MPs , deputies and Prime Minister? and it's not like we are begging or something it's our due, we tax payers and contribute to the economy.

Reactions: savarana

andy10

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019

obviously, you have no idea how stressful it is of knowing the unknown...
Secondly...I will summarize the main benefits of becoming a citizen:
1. let's say you run into an car accident and killed someone (Heaven's forbid)...you will be imprisoned then deported back to your country...just like the driver responsible for deadly Humboldt Broncos bus crash (read the news today....he's trying to stay in Canada)
2. you cannot apply for some government jobs or join the army...many PRs would love to work for the government...specially that most of the people are out of jobs now!
3. You cannot travel...let's say you have an emergency back home...and you need to travel...most PRs cards have expired...you have to wait 6 months to renew it now...otherwise, you have to travel and then get a temp visa from the country you travel to, which could take time and is a hassle indeed.
4. You have to maintain your PR status....Once you are a Canadian citizen, you do not need to do anything to maintain your citizenship.
5. Whether you like it or not, people want to vote! They've been living for Canada for at least 3 years and they believe their votes can make a difference, whether it's municipal, provincial or federal elections..

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
That's exactly the type of reaction I was expecting and there is clearely a division here which is not good for our common goal to resume the test. I sweared to not reply any comments but when you say "On the same line, Please explain what is the urgency for resumption of testing? What is one thing that a permanent resident looses by not becoming citizen because of which the citizenship testing should start immediately. Last time, i asked this question, someone in this forum started saying.. 'Conservatives will come in.. " well here are some facts hopefully will convice you on how being Canadian Citizen is important or maybe critical to certain here like me:

1. I had a job offer a month and half ago but requiring to get a Canadian Citizen Certificate; a job that I strongly believed would make my life in general way better. I lied to the HR saying I would receive my Citizenship in 3 weeks but never happened and I lost that opportunity.

2. Where I am originally from for most of the Western countries, you need a VISA, my brother is resident and live in one of those western countries and was getting married during the pandemic, my mom was present at the time and a family reunion was planned; I applied for the visa and got denied because of covid 19 and I do understand the context. The wedding was postponned until summer 2020 only religious part done and I missed it but just think about it if I had my canadian passport I would be able to travel for sure.

3. I don't know where you guys from but it's a pain in a.. to get Visa application where I am from. And once I was travelling returning to Canada and had to stop over in France (most of the Western do that) and they were differenciating people like "guys with Western passports this way and others that way" do you know how disminishing is that? they were screening me like I am the worst on Earth that really hurts my ego... if I had my Canadian passport I wouldnt be treated that way and that's why I LOVE CANADA.

4. And the most important you want to be part in full in a system where you pay taxes, live and enjoy to live everyday.

So @sachinsoman1988 it's okay you don't have any sense of urgency or whatever but it doesn't mean it necessarily apply to me or anyone else in here. Those points are my typical issues with the Citizenship test backlog and other might have they own and read the Thread theme:

I am having the feeling that some opinions here encourages passivity and we dont want that to happen the sponsorship folks proved us that our voices can be heard but it requires to take action not being passive or quiet.

Also I am not saying you are are limiting voices in fact nobody can and I I know it's a public place but put it this way if everybody in this group had your mindset (no sense of urgency since you are PR and you fine with it which I respect ) do you think we would have the same outcome? I don't think so.

@AshesNdust my personal issue, your personal issue and X personal issue are national issues why do you think we have MPs , deputies and Prime Minister? and it's not like we are begging or something it's our due, we tax payers and contribute to the economy.
It sounds like you could have contacted your MP regarding your job offer, not being able to access a certain job does seem like a legitimate reason to expedite your process , but everything else In your list have little chance of being considered a real disruption derived from the lack of citizenship.
Even the members who are in favour of pushing for public demonstrations and who resort to bash the IRCC employees have admited (in a very harsh / blunt way ) that those reasons, that are completely personal and only affect a handful of applicants, are not strong enough to argue that the resumption of the test is urgent.
You can read it in this post from earlier:

I must say that I agree with our friend @LudoZ ...

I would go further: Even arguments like “I want citizenship to be able to go to the USA more easily”, and even more “To be able to work elsewhere without worrying about the residency obligation” is also totally stupid as reason ...
, Piotr.

Last edited:

JHT

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
No one, especially canadian tax payers,
should dare to try criticize government employees for not working for almost 10 months ,

and they should not come back to work until a vaccine is confirmed to effective or safe to have. Might be 1 or 2 more years after the vaccine is made, however, the government employees that conduct citizenship tests certainly deserve more special treatment than all other government employees and people who are working now.

They should continue to receive full pay from the taxpayers until the above is provided.

Also no one needs to travel for work so what’s the hurry right?

for those with 3rd world country passports,
They just need to deal with being treated as potential liabilities or threats,

Business competitors with 1st world passports should continue to have the top advantage when it comes to doing worldwide business that requires travel.

Reactions: savarana

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
It sounds like you could have contacted your MP regarding your job offer, not being able to access a certain job does seem like a legitimate reason to expedite your process , but everything else In your list have little chance of being considered a real disruption derived from the lack of citizenship.
Even the members who are in favour of pushing for public demonstrations and who resort to bash the IRCC employees have admited (in a very harsh / blunt way ) that those reasons, that are completely personal and only affect a handful of applicants, are not strong enough to argue that the resumption of the test is urgent.
You can read it in this post from earlier:

I am disappointed, it is really dishonest to take only a few parts of my words, to distort their meaning ...

I know I use a translator, but he cannot alter the meaning of my words at this point ... It's just a shame to be so malicious, I hope with all my heart that our friend @mostaf did not fall into the trap...

There is an important nuance in my old post, which you seem to have consciously hidden by cutting out my words: The nuance is that I invited people to be selective in their remarks, and not necessarily to say all their motivations, especially if the latter would risk losing people's sympathy ... It's a media battle and image too ... I never said that the arguments were not necessarily bad. In short, here is my full intervention for a context:

I must say that I agree with our friend @LudoZ ...

It is not very smart to invoke reasoning like that, even in total "good intention", without premeditated, or possibly premeditated, malice.

We must not forget that our ideological opponents, the racists, and the xenophobes feed on this. It will also not be surprising that they monitor this kind of forum (They have already intervened in this same thread to ask us to `` return home '' with newly created profiles, before the moderators remove them. .. But I had time to see a few).

I would go further: Even arguments like “I want citizenship to be able to go to the USA more easily”, and even more “To be able to work elsewhere without worrying about the residency obligation” is also totally stupid as reason ... You have to be smart, and put yourself in the shoes of these ideoligical opponents, and give them NO CHANCE to attack us.

Besides, on the same subject, I spoke with the organizer of the demonstrations planned for next month, and I told him that one had to insist on one and only thing in the messages that people are going to send in their written banners, slogans, or possible statements to the press: Our only goal and motivation to have Canadian nationality is our love of Canada. Our family and sentimental attachments here, our children, our life is here, etc ...

... Citing the reason for fairness in the labor market, and access to certain jobs IN CANADA requiring citizenship can be an equally valid argument, I think.

Citizenship is a vector of integration for several legitimate and laudable reasons ...

But even if you think deep down about the bad ones (or who may be seen as such by ideological opponents), keep them to yourself. Please.

, Piotr.
Now, I would like to come back to some of your comments.

Even the members who are in favour of pushing for public demonstrations and who resort to bash the IRCC employees have admited (in a very harsh / blunt way )
Basically, federal employees oppose a Treasury Board directive (which aims to prevent abuse, and preserve the integrity of public funds ... But these are notions that escape you, it seems).

To take up the spirit of some previous messages, I must say that I myself am also astonished by all this `` sacredness'' which affects the federal employees, and the fact that, systematically, we treat those who try to discuss and to give their opinion on the abuse concerning the code 699, or the integrity of the public funds paid by the honest taxpayers, I am astonished that as soon as one touches this, it is immediately regarded as a horrible attack, insults! ... This is huge ... Unless you are a federal employee yourself, or have a direct or indirect interest in continuing to profit from code 699 indefinitely, I do not understand this relentlessness ...

To tell the truth, @Coco7 , I have only one question:

Following your implacable logic, the Treasury Board is just as at fault as the few commentators here worried about the delays for the resumption of the tests, or worried about the integrity of the public money ... My question is, if you dare to answer it : Can you tell us your opinion on the changes made by the Treasury Board to code 699, what do you think?

Do you think these changes are insulting and brutal towards federal employees?

Last question: Do you find it reasonable that the union clearly alludes to the vaccine in their last press release? ... More clearly: Find it reasonable that they continue to receive their full salaries until the discovery of a safe and effective vaccine? ... I'm sure if - hyppotetically, but I would be surprised if that happens - that if we give them that, they will also ask for a daily rate of contamination of zero beyond the date of the possible discovery of a vaccine. effective ... Will you support them in their delirium so that it lasts a few years after the shortening of the vaccine until a daily rate of global contamination of zero?

Last question, I promise: Do you find their requests decent, reasonable?

Last edited:

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Here is the last directives of the Treasury Board of Canada, dated October 22, and against which the union seems to want to lead a real crusade, in order to preserve the code 699 ad vitam æternam (** Undetermined).

These are measures, I find, very balanced, reasonable, and which respect the well-being and safety of employees, while also respecting the integrity of public money of honest taxpayers. It is against this directive that the union wants to go to justice, as indicated in their last press release on their site (They immediately filed a grievance, and now they are heading to the tribuneaux).

As you will read, the new measures are simply aimed at encouraging good practice and preventing abuse. Codes 699 will still be possible, but on a case-by-case basis, and only after having exhausted their other available paid leave.

The abuses will have to end on November 9 ... I would like to salute these measures to protect the integrity of public money (Our taxes).

Now the critics must stop telling us that we insult or denigrate employees ... Or will they be brave and honest enough to quote the Treasury Board of Canada, and criticize in the same way, if they want a minimum of consistency?

https://www.canada.ca/en/government/publicservice/covid-19/message-chro-covid-19-other-leave-with-pay-guidance.html

Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat said:
To support you in these efforts, we are clarifying the guidance around the use of ‘Other Leave With Pay (699)’. This updated guidance, which will be effective November 9, 2020, emphasizes that this leave should be granted on a case-by-case basis, and only after remote or alternate work, or flexible work hours have been considered, and generally only after other relevant paid leave has first been used by the employee.

Once all available options have been considered, and managers have consulted with their Labour Relations advisors, ‘Other Leave With Pay (699)’ could be available in situations where an employee:

• has work or technology limitations,
  • cannot work remotely and has been diagnosed with COVID-19, is experiencing symptoms and/or is required to self-isolate,
  • has caregiving responsibilities as a result of such things as school or daycare closures, or COVID-19 illness or isolation requirements, or
  • cannot work remotely and is at high risk or has someone in their care who is at high risk of severe illness from COVID-19.

Reactions: Parnian1988

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
All this talk about code 699...
There have been a lot of calls in this thread to be "positive" and "strategic".
I'm not sure there would be calls to reform federal employees working conditions during the protests in Montreal or Toronto, so why bother keeping them here?

It's between the government and its employees. You guys are asking for (legitimate) results, how the government manages them is the government's problem. Adding that IRCC employees are lazy just adds useless fire to the conversation and will probably not sit well with the Liberal minister of citizenship and immigration or the NDP critic that's working on the citizenship test issue. It's interesting to know about federal employees rights for sure, but code 699 didn't impeach the ones who took care of the CERB to do their work after all.

As for the exchanges between people, no one here has a monopoly of how it should go. It's understandable many come to this thread because their own situation is stuck, and just want to know about the call for action and what to do at their level. It doesn't mean that saying that this (say, that the risk of applications being return is high) or that (that the priority should go towards a specific group of people) is not right is out of place.

And, at the end of the day, everyone here is hoping for citizenship test returns... Good luck with the protests, hope there are more "gifts" to send me and other virtue signaling people soon! :D

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
You know I really visit this forum from time-to-time to see if there are any updates. But instead, I get inundated with with your social justice crusade. Can you please and kindly spare us your virtue signalling? We get it, you have a warrior spirit and can type on a keyboard. I suggest it may be about time you take off your tin foil hat, no one is "levelling" slander against your majesty or the "governmental employees." It's not that deep, trust me. Brown-nosing will not expedite your citizenship application either. Leave the girl alone and drop the holier than thou gimmick. Please allow for people with updates to post on here, no one's trying to read your deep insights and arguments. Don't @ me, thanks and bye.
No one has a tinfoil hat on except the people who accuse others of plotting against fellow posters for disagreeing with them, calling them various names, accusing the government of xenophobia, and accusing government employees of being cheaters and lazy.
Maybe reread the thread to see why several of us have started to object to the tone on this thread. Bye!

Last edited:

tosinosho1992

Star Member
Nov 4, 2010

Nicely itemized. However, we need to remember that getting a Canadian citizenship is a privilege not a right. I sincerely hope things move as quickly as possible for everyone while we also keep the people living in Canada safe. Let the bickering stop already.

Reactions: Mr_Chang and Coco7

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
I am disappointed, it is really dishonest to take only a few parts of my words, to distort their meaning ...

I know I use a translator, but he cannot alter the meaning of my words at this point ... It's just a shame to be so malicious, I hope with all my heart that our friend @mostaf did not fall into the trap...
Your words are even worst in context, you are telling people to refrain from mentioning they need to get citizenship cause they are in a rush to get a Canadian passport. You know that giving that kind of arguments will be bad press for when you go out and do public demonstrations, even though getting a passport seems to be one of the main arguments people keep bringing up as to why they think this is urgent. You want to protest but you want them to keep their main motivations to themselves. Shady, isnt it?

Anyway as someone mentioned above some of us come to this thread to keep up to date with the situation, but this thread has basically become a dumpster fire, so I think the healthiest for me will be stop to stop engaging in this conversation.

Last edited:
Reactions: vegasIndian