+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
This world is becoming hell because of such people. Who just assume and assume!!!
Assume that 99% people are not affected
Assume that there is no violence going against Blacks
Assume that one is suffering because they deserve
Assume that by writing big essays they can justify the pain
Assume Assume and Assume

If anyone body has problem with our motion of raising the voice for Citizenship, just don't visit the link. A BIG THANK YOU FOR THAT

But please don't assume and keep your assumptions with you! AGAIN THANK YOU!
You seem to be that kind of person who does not like civilized conversation. Raging like this wont get anything done. If you cant convince a small pool like this forum, how can you convince a good part of the entire country? Regardless, Quoting relevant points that you said - 'Assume that 99% people are not affected' -> Tell me one instance of yourself or you have heard of where the person is affected personally/professionally because of lack of citizenship and there are no process in the government to address that situation.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Any source for this or is it just your 'feeling'? If citizenship makes 0 difference, then why do so many pay the $1500+ for a family and apply? Do you often spend $1500 on something that makes no difference to you?
I like the proud feeling of being a canadian citizen. I also like the ability to travel to almost all parts of the world visa-free. I would like to vote and participate in the democracy here.

All my personal reasons are not an urgent topic that needs to be addressed right away!!

Now, can i know a reason from your side which makes citizenship a priority for your personal/professional life?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
It may be "parasitic" but again, even suggesting that a conservative government could stop PRs from entering Canada, like OP did in his last long post, is at best ridiculous. Didn't happen in the past decades, and won't happen in the future.
If the idea is to get the citizenship before Canada becomes a dictatorship under Erin Otoole, well, bad news, the government that can lock PRs outside the country, could probably also strip all naturalized citizen from their canadian citizenship and also throw them out.

This is about finding ways to move the citizenship applications forward during a pandemic (an absolutely legitimate goal!), not about trying to shelter oneself when the rule of law no longer applies in Canada.

This is too serious to keep some bullshit claims in a public forum for everyone to read, and forum readers interested in a petition, a protest, or a letter to their MPs could do without non existing risks concerning their current status in the country. The PR is permanent, and will keep being permanent, and the residence obligation, the current 2 years of of 5, will not suddenly become something like "any day outside the country counts as a renonciation of the PR status"

Reactions: Coco7

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
I like the proud feeling of being a canadian citizen. I also like the ability to travel to almost all parts of the world visa-free. I would like to vote and participate in the democracy here.
So it does impact your life doesn't it? Do you want to take back what you wrote here?

99% of us will not have their life impacted without getting citizenship
I already wrote why I want it in a previous post and why I dont want to wait 2 years. 1 year is hardly 'urgent'.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Any source for this or is it just your 'feeling'? If citizenship makes 0 difference, then why do so many pay the $1500+ for a family and apply? Do you often spend $1500 on something that makes no difference to you?
My 99% comes from the following points:

1. If your job needs urgent citizenship, there is already a way to request this. If you convince them, you can get it fast tracked. Now, i understand that the requirements for fast tracking are very loose and a very small minority of us would be thinking and hesitating about tr
So it does impact your life doesn't it? Do you want to take back what you wrote here?

I already wrote why I want it in a previous post and why I dont want to wait 2 years. 1 year is hardly 'urgent'.

You got to be kidding me. Life affects because you cant vote in this country or you dont hold canadian passport? Get a life man!!

You are just frustrated for your own benefits. Half the noise here wont exist if TN visa eligibility got extended to PR holders. Lets try and not to be a hypocrite!!

Reactions: tankala13

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
My 99% comes from the following points:

1. If your job needs urgent citizenship, there is already a way to request this. If you convince them, you can get it fast tracked. Now, i understand that the requirements for fast tracking are very loose and a very small minority of us would be thinking and hesitating about tr

You got to be kidding me. Life affects because you cant vote in this country or you dont hold canadian passport? Get a life man!!

You are just frustrated for your own benefits. Half the noise here wont exist if TN visa eligibility got extended to PR holders. Lets try and not to be a hypocrite!!
Wow, you are so angry for a person who is supposedly very happy about the status quo. Chill out.

Reactions: piotrqc

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Wow, you are so angry for a person who is supposedly very happy about the status quo. Chill out.
Do you have an explanation? I cannot wait more than 12 months for citizenship because.....???

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
It may be "parasitic" but again, even suggesting that a conservative government could stop PRs from entering Canada, like OP did in his last long post, is at best ridiculous. Didn't happen in the past decades, and won't happen in the future.
If the idea is to get the citizenship before Canada becomes a dictatorship under Erin Otoole, well, bad news, the government that can lock PRs outside the country, could probably also strip all naturalized citizen from their canadian citizenship and also throw them out.

This is about finding ways to move the citizenship applications forward during a pandemic (an absolutely legitimate goal!), not about trying to shelter oneself when the rule of law no longer applies in Canada.

This is too serious to keep some bullshit claims in a public forum for everyone to read, and forum readers interested in a petition, a protest, or a letter to their MPs could do without non existing risks concerning their current status in the country. The PR is permanent, and will keep being permanent, and the residence obligation, the current 2 years of of 5, will not suddenly become something like "any day outside the country counts as a renonciation of the PR status"
Anything can happen. A Toole government can instantly reinstate C-24 making us all 2nd class citizens. And yes, there will be enough time to change the law before we become citizens at the current pace. Wont even need to be retro-active.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Do you have an explanation? I cannot wait more than 12 months for citizenship because.....???
Every day delay is a possible Conservative govt that can come to power and reinstate bill C-24. Then that citizenship becomes 2nd class.

Every day delay means I risk having to leave the country to take care of sick parents and potentially losing my citizenship and PR as well.

Now tell me, what is the source of your anger? Things are going exactly as you want them, no? What kind of reaction will you have when something goes against you? Scary.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
You seem to be that kind of person who does not like civilized conversation. Raging like this wont get anything done. If you cant convince a small pool like this forum, how can you convince a good part of the entire country? Regardless, Quoting relevant points that you said - 'Assume that 99% people are not affected' -> Tell me one instance of yourself or you have heard of where the person is affected personally/professionally because of lack of citizenship and there are no process in the government to address that situation.
I, myself was professionally affected by not being a citizen, I had a professional opportunity in KSA ( rotation shift, Canada will still be my base country) last year and as I am a protected person, I cannot use my home passport to travel so I need to use a RTD instead. Guess what KSA cannot deliver a work permit for RTD holders without special authorization from their government. My potential employer did not want to wait for one or more years to get that authorization, so they withdrew their offer. The Canadian government has urgent processing in place but still, that doesn't guarantee that your application will be considered urgent. I am very sure I am not the only one in this situation. Because you do not have a problem with not being a citizen do not assume that this is the case for everyone. I am just responding to your last assertion and not trying in anyhow to start an argument with you.

Last edited:
Reactions: fr72

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Every day delay is a possible Conservative govt that can come to power and reinstate bill C-24. Then that citizenship becomes 2nd class.
So, let me remind you, we not citizens today and we dont have a say in elections here today. If people of this country wants such a government, they will get it and we would have to abide by it. No going around it. Its a risk, i agree!! Using this argument to get in as soon as possible is just opportunistic. Nothing else!!

Every day delay means I risk having to leave the country to take care of sick parents and potentially losing my citizenship and PR as well.
As long as you meet residency criteria you are okay. At the worst case, if you are stuck outside the country and fail to meet to 2/5 years rule, you can apply to appeal loosing your status using - https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/filing-immigration-appeal/Pages/immapp-d1.aspx

If you are stuck outside the country and you are invited for test/oath, you can still apply to request a new date for your circumstances.

The above 2 points does not affect your ability to take care of your parents.

Reactions: Coco7

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
As long as you meet residency criteria you are okay. At the worst case, if you are stuck outside the country and fail to meet to 2/5 years rule, you can apply to appeal loosing your status using - https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/filing-immigration-appeal/Pages/immapp-d1.aspx

If you are stuck outside the country and you are invited for test/oath, you can still apply to request a new date for your circumstances.

The above 2 points does not affect your ability to take care of your parents.
All these rules, laws and appeals are subjective and also can be changed easily by another government. The last time there was a Conservative govt (2011), they made citizenship into 2nd class (C-24) and easily revokable for flimsy reasons.

I dont trust an incoming conservative government with any of these humanitarian exemptions.

Unlike you, I dont believe that everything will always be hunky dory and certainly dont assume that what applied to me will apply to everyone.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
I, myself was professionally affected by not being a citizen, I had a professional opportunity in KSA ( rotation shift, Canada will still be my base country) last year and as I am a protected person, I cannot use my home passport to travel so I need to use a RTD instead. Guess what KSA cannot deliver a work permit for RTD holders without special authorization from their government. My potential employer did not want to wait for one or more years to get that authorization, so they withdrew their offer. The Canadian government has urgent processing in place but still, that does guarantee that your application will be considered urgent. I am very sure I am not the only one in this situation. Because you do not have a problem with not being a citizen do not assume that this is the case for everyone. I am just responding to your last assertion and not trying in anyhow to start an argument with you.

Agreed, Then, raise the voice for making the criteria more clear or having more criteria for fast tracking application for special circumstances like yours.

Also, what advantage does this country have by allowing you opportunity in KSA and it warrants putting extra resources to fast track all citizenship applications? You should also think from their angle!!

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Yes I know Mr Know it All. All these rules, laws and appeals are subjective and also can be changed easily by another government. The last time there was a Conservative govt (2011), they made citizenship into 2nd class (C-24) and easily revokable for flimsy reasons.

I dont trust an incoming conservative government with any of these humanitarian exemptions.

Unlike you, I dont believe that everything will always be hunky dory and certainly dont assume that what applied to me will apply to everyone.
Yes I know Mr Know it All. All these rules, laws and appeals are subjective and also can be changed easily by another government. The last time there was a Conservative govt (2011), they made citizenship into 2nd class (C-24) and easily revokable for flimsy reasons.

Dont forget that its because of such an 'elected government' that we all are here!! But none of the circumstances that you pointed out is convincing me that there is a case for urgent processing of your application.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
@All: Ignore negative people who try to discourage you, PLEASE !
Let's focus on the most important.

What do you think of the organization of a simultaneous sitting in front of several IRCC CIC offices in several cities?

What do you think of the spousal sponsorship experience?
I also take the questions from my previous post.

Please be smart, ignore them.

Contacting our local parliamentarians, the press, and IRCC is all good, but it may not be enough.

We have to talk about simultaneous sittings in front of several IRCC CIC offices in several cities. If I remember correctly it was done on a Saturday.

I think it will be smart to gather some information before issuing such invitations to people in the same boat as us, a call to protest through social media for example.

Some relevant questions:

- Were the pending spousal sponsorships released on a Saturday? What time approximately, morning or afternoon? Maybe find the calls for demonstrations in the social media for inspiration?

- In front of which IRCC offices in which cities did they do their sittings?
I think we have to be smart, and not give the xenophobes a chance to attack us. The power of the media matters:
If ever these sittings are done, we must especially not talk about our personal justifications for having citizenship.

Simply say that we love this beautiful country, where we work, pay taxes, and have our children (many Canadians by birth), and that we would like to be Canadian to fully participate in Canadian society.

... You have to be VERY CAREFUL of every word you say, so as not to give the oppirtuniter to racists to say that it is not a priority.

I think it would be very smart to do the sitting with Canadian flags, and slogans that show our love for this country ...

We must not give any opportunity to the racists of Nosu to illustrate as opportunists.

Becoming Canadian and loving this country is something noble ... No one can blame you for that ...

Do not despair, we must not let go!

note: Do not watch out for parasites, please ... ignore them!