+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Leave and go where? Hearsay,eh?
This has already been answered a few times in that not everyone is lucky enough to have a passport that doesnt allow them to travel to most countries visa free. So sure maybe the poster implies they cant wait leave Canada which they entitled to do or simply they need citizenship/passport to simply go about their life freely in the world with less constraint from their current country of origin passport.

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Guys, there is some media update. Hats off to Kathleen Harris. Please comment on the news:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/covid19-pandemic-immigrants-citizenship-1.5720917

This article is great news for us, despite everything ...

I personally expected a longer delay between his call on social networks for testimonials, and the actual publication of the article, but it is still a very good start, and visibility for the case that interests us all here (Exept a few parasites that try to discourage us: I invite you again to ignore them, please). This is the first press article, to my knowledge, which raises the specific question of citizenship tests, and their de facto cancellation, despite its minimalism and haste.

I must admit that all the same, the article disappointed me a little bit, in the sense that the journalist was not very objective:

1) She did not mention the Australian example at all.
2) She released the false argument of the possibility of cheating.

Another thing, our friend @Fallen_Warrior is right to invite us to comment directly in the article (It is possible to do so at the bottom of the page): As you might expect, this kind of article exacerbates, and makes get racists and xenophobes out of their dens. Comments like '' This is not a priority, stop complaining, services for us first, etc '' have already started to come ... We should not leave, I think, visibility to these malicious people, and comment too. To show that we exist, and that what we ask for is legitimate.

In another register, this article is only a small step forward, we must continue to make noise, contact parliamentarians, and contact IRCC CIC directly by web form, telephone, and even on their social networks (Twitter).

As for the simultaneous sitting in front of the IRCC offices in several cities (as we do spousal sponsors on standby), we will surely have to think about it if the situation persists for a long time to come ... Don't worry ... It's paradoxical to say that, but unfortunately time will help: The more time goes by without any updates from IRCC, the more angry people will be ready and open to doing more effective things.

Reactions: Masplong

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Comments on this article are not great!
I didn't even read them because I knew what they would be. Guess which party they all vote for?

The media keeps making this mistake. If they had used an East European family as an example, there wouldn't be this many negative comments.

Read the comments about an American (white) family that is not being allowed into Canada to visit their relatives, not one negative comment below that.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
For all those posting negative comments.. I do understand that govt is in deep deficit and is in the middle of CoVID management. Proposing this : people can apply but no need to pay fees till a decision is taken on their file..it's outright immoral to take fees for something and then give excuses

Reactions: Masplong

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Friends ; Try to put a comment on that article . Let us make it strong .
I did, but we will never outnumber the perpetually angry anti-immigrant trolls. What is more important is sending this article to your MPs. After a similar article in June about stopping citizenship oaths, IRCC finally started doing virtual oaths. That article also had tons of anti-immigrant comments underneath it.

In fact, any article in any publication about non-white immigrants has negative comments. It's a fact of life and can be ignored.

Reactions: Arioji

Arioji

Aug 28, 2020
I did, but we will never outnumber the perpetually angry anti-immigrant trolls. What is more important is sending this article to your MPs. After a similar article in June about stopping citizenship oaths, IRCC finally started doing virtual oaths. That article also had tons of anti-immigrant comments underneath it.

In fact, any article in any publication about non-white immigrants has negative comments. It's a fact of life and can be ignored.
That's a fact. But! Please. Everybody. Let us don't give up. Write on that article, send it to your MP, do whatever needed

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
That's a fact. But! Please. Everybody. Let us don't give up. Write on that article, send it to your MP, do whatever needed
Has someone contacted their MP? Is there a template I can use to make sure I cover all of the info about the Citizenship tests delays?

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Yeah the comments on that are funny because those are the ppl who drop out of school, do odd and low jobs and when an immigrants comes who is qualified and well educated and leads them, their ego bubble bursts. They came like 50 years before others doesn't make them native, does it? But if they were that intelligent, they would have been doing something worthwhile in their lives.but thing is there are very few ppl who think like that and most of them are very low on education level. I know hundreds of non immigrant ppl who are very friendly and even more welcoming than immigrants. This is the world of internet where everyone is keyboard warrior so just ignore them.