+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
yes i have .. i did mention that in my response .

Like i said , the only difference is in the wording.
Particularly on the location and physical address part .
We should expect more people to post their online test experience here.

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
At this point it’s fair to assume the minister’s tweet was the only truth to take home .

He did say the program starts early next year ... which could be anywhere between Feb to May ,

The rest seem to be mere “ politricks “

Reactions: harirajmohan

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
I think it was a bad call to cancel the Protest in Ottawa. Anyways, the organizers said we will wait till January to decide on the next move.

Reactions: i-sore

hotshot45890

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Interesting quote from above link included below. Looks like citizenship apps for 50 -54 starting jan 2021 can be submitted electronically? Not sure if the age range makes sense. Is this an error?

"The minister also promised that citizenship applications between the ages of 50 and 54 will be able to submit applications electronically. The new online platform will begin January 1, 2021. The minister called this measure a “big step forward.”

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
I think it was a bad call to cancel the Protest in Ottawa. Anyways, the organizers said we will wait till January to decide on the next move.
Why is it a bad call? Protesting after receiving a throughly thought out examination system would make every single one of us look like fools. Protesting now would only do harm, and no conceivable good. Hell, even the minister will take a protest now in a bad way and would naturally not care enough to enact future changes. I mean why should he? Apparently no matter his action, his constituents complain as if nothing has happened.

And it is too soon to decide whether nothing has happened. Incredibly soon. We must wait at least a couple of months to gauge the effect this change has on the backlog. Not seeing sufficient posts about invites does not have any signal. The vast majority of applicants do not visit this forum or the ones on Facebook. An approximate percentage of applicants who visit this forum is somewhere around 2%. That is absolutely nothing. Tack on the fact that most visitors do not care enough to post updates, and you realize why we hearing little. This conclusion holds even without accounting for the short time frame between today and the announcement.

I have posted on this thread a lot, always in favour of the protests and movements. I understood where many of the dissenters came from, and I knew that an 8 month period of inaction required more than idle thumbs. What I do not agree with is protesting despite the incredibly well-throughout and robust testing system we just so recently were presented with. If we do not notice any movements in around 2-3 months time, then I will start switching my position. But right now, it is too, too soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadbird and Rie11

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Interesting quote from above link included below. Looks like citizenship apps for 50 -54 starting jan 2021 can be submitted electronically? Not sure if the age range makes sense. Is this an error?

"The minister also promised that citizenship applications between the ages of 50 and 54 will be able to submit applications electronically. The new online platform will begin January 1, 2021. The minister called this measure a “big step forward.”
It is possibly a pilot program to test on a small number of applicants. That is very exciting news - I have to say I am impressed.

Reactions: nicolass

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015

As per IRCC, its 18-54 years and not 50-54

vegasIndian

Oct 15, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2015
Med's Request
03-Apr-2015
Med's Done....
17-Jul-2015
Interview........
Not Required.
Passport Req..
24-Jul-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
20-Aug-2015
We only asked for Online Tests, we didn't ask for online citizenship applications.

Lets protest.

;);)

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
By the way, if anyone has applied or is planning to apply, head on over to this thread. Some people (like myself) are facing issues in successfully applying. If you do end up successfully applying, please do let us how you went about it!

Also, there is some good advice in the thread on how to get the right digital photos - make sure you get it right or you may squander this opportunity.

fr72

Jan 6, 2017
Online tests and now online citizenships. Canada actually making it easier to apply, so many people on this thread will be suddenly angry. How dare these immigrants have it so easy, eh?