+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
How we got screwed ?

Weren't online tests that people wanted to move their applications further in process?

Sorry, bad google translation.

"" On dirait qu'on s'est fait avoir '' , ou on est tombé dans le piège.

I meant we landed in the trap with naivety.

Google translation it not perfect lol sorry

Reactions: i-sore

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Weren't online tests that people wanted to move their applications further in process?
Rather it seems that it was a strategy to calm people down, save time, and discourage people from demonstrating this Saturday ... It was canceled, their plan worked.

Not to mention that the end-of-year holidays are coming soon, and several provinces have decided to extend them to contain the covid ... So at least one additional month of guaranteed blocking + no exact date for 2021 ... So it could very well well for April ... Or in the wall if the catastrophe scenario of the conservative majority government comes true.

So allow several more months or years of waiting (Early elections in April, when the budget bill is tabled)

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
Hmmm. Let's be optimistic, it could be January or February. For me the biggest positive sign is that IRCC has implemented a serious online testing system and have put some thought into it. This means that they are invested in it.

Moreover, if they really operationalize this, then all online tests can be scaled up and the backlog can be cleared really fast. The only bottleneck would be interviews and oaths as that is dependent on 1:1 with a IRCC official. But again, they can operationalize it if they devote more manpower to it. Further, there wouldn't be a need to match a Montreal applicant to a Montreal official. IRCC employees anywhere in the world can conduct the interview.

So it has the potential to scale and clear out backlogs really fast. Let's give them a chance.

If they don't lets head back to parliament hill.

i-sore

Jun 13, 2017
Hmmm. Let's be optimistic, it could be January or February. For me the biggest positive sign is that IRCC has implemented a serious online testing system and have put some thought into it. This means that they are invested in it.

Moreover, if they really operationalize this, then all online tests can be scaled up and the backlog can be cleared really fast. The only bottleneck would be interviews and oaths as that is dependent on 1:1 with a IRCC official. But again, they can operationalize it if they devote more manpower to it. Further, there wouldn't be a need to match a Montreal applicant to a Montreal official. IRCC employees anywhere in the world can conduct the interview.

So it has the potential to scale and clear out backlogs really fast. Let's give them a chance.

If they don't lets head back to parliament hill.
You mean they have finally put some thought into the same online testing they have been talking about since March ?

I could have sworn this has something to do with protests

deadbird

Jan 9, 2016
You mean they have finally put some thought into the same online testing they have been talking about since March ?

I could have sworn this has something to do with protests
Protests could have certainly have had something to do with getting the online testing system deployed a bit sooner. Nevertheless, from first glance it seems like the online testing system isn't half baked nor rushed together in the last minute. They've put some thought into it. So let's give them a chance, maybe by Jan-Feb they'll iron out the kinks and hopefully no serious security flaw will emerge. If so, they can really scale it up and clear out the backlog rapidly.

Reactions: AshesNdust

Arioji

Aug 28, 2020
IRCC ministers has tweeted that tests will start in early 2021 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! So still a long way to go :( I think they wanted just to calm us down, they just want to buy some more time. Ottawa gathering should not be cancelled.

Last edited:
Reactions: i-sore and PMV

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
If I were to try and translate Mendicino's message together with everything else published yesterday and the fact that some people have started receiving invites (just 1 person on this forum, which raises my brow) in an optimistic manner I'd say that the remainder of the year is for the 5K of the ones whose original invites were cancelled plus the ones that have submitted for urgent processing. The main bulk of applications is 2021. That message didn't change from the original CBC story. Would that be around the right train of thought you believe?

Reactions: savarana

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016

Canada4ever89

Oct 24, 2020
You mean @cic.GOC.ca ? Sorry but impossible. should be something wrong don’t read the sender name look at the email itself . Also this super lucky spammer to know that you have citizenship application. Anyway. I gave my 2 cents, I hope he can get hold with an agent to confirm. But I wouldn’t risk delaying my application for something so obvious. This is just my 2 cents based on many back and forth with ircc
hmm, 12AM time for test looks suspicious
it is the start time but can take the test anytime within 21 days . Nothing suspicious again. It is a system which starts at the first hour on 1st dec.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
hmm, 12AM time for test looks suspicious
12 am on Dec 1 st is when the cloth will start ticking for him to take the test and will stop on Dec 21st at 12am. Nothing suspicious here, I know a lot of people are kind of paranoid right now and everything looks suspicious:oops::oops: