+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
last response from IRCC

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

In order to respond to a high volume of enquiries related to the crisis in Afghanistan, we have needed to shift resources in our Client Support Centre. This will impact our ability to respond to some of your enquiries.

We will respond to these priority enquiries only:

• Clients in crisis situations (like those affected by the situation in Afghanistan)
  • Clients facing vulnerable circumstances (emergency and urgent requests)
  • Clients who need to tell us about a change in their circumstances, which has a direct impact on their application (like marriage, birth of a child, or similar)
  • Clients who are submitting documents requested by one of our officers
  • Changes in contact information
  • Requests to withdraw an application or refunds

If your enquiry is NOT one of the priority enquiries listed above, you will not receive a reply.
Where is customer service in this entire email?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
OTTAWA — The core public service, air travel and rail employees and travellers must all be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the end of October, according to Canada’s new mandatory vaccine policy.

The federal government says public servants must attest they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Oct. 29, or be put on unpaid administrative leave.

Meanwhile, the government is working with employers of airport businesses, airline and rail companies to develop their own mandatory vaccine policies by the end of the month.
Anyone wishing to hop aboard a plane or train must have received a second dose of a Health Canada-approved vaccine at least 14 days before their travels.
For travellers, there will be a short transition period to allow the unvaccinated to show a negative molecular COVID-19 test instead, though the grace period will last only until Nov. 30.
Senior government officials said during a technical briefing, provided on the condition they not be named, said anyone planning a trip in the coming weeks needs to book their vaccine appointment now.
The new policy will affect more than 267,000 core public-service and RCMP workers, officials said, and will apply even to those who work from home and outside of the country.
They will have to provide an attestation of their vaccine status online. The attestations will be tracked and audited by departments, and managers can ask for proof of vaccination at any time.
Employees who provide false attestations will be punished with disciplinary action, including firings.
People who have had only one dose will be given 10 weeks to get their next one before they are put on unpaid leave.
They will not be allowed back at work until they are either vaccinated or the policy is no longer in effect
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 6, 2021.
Laura Osman, The Canadian Press

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
OTTAWA — The core public service, air travel and rail employees and travellers must all be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the end of October, according to Canada’s new mandatory vaccine policy.

The federal government says public servants must attest they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Oct. 29, or be put on unpaid administrative leave.

Meanwhile, the government is working with employers of airport businesses, airline and rail companies to develop their own mandatory vaccine policies by the end of the month.
Anyone wishing to hop aboard a plane or train must have received a second dose of a Health Canada-approved vaccine at least 14 days before their travels.
For travellers, there will be a short transition period to allow the unvaccinated to show a negative molecular COVID-19 test instead, though the grace period will last only until Nov. 30.
Senior government officials said during a technical briefing, provided on the condition they not be named, said anyone planning a trip in the coming weeks needs to book their vaccine appointment now.
The new policy will affect more than 267,000 core public-service and RCMP workers, officials said, and will apply even to those who work from home and outside of the country.
They will have to provide an attestation of their vaccine status online. The attestations will be tracked and audited by departments, and managers can ask for proof of vaccination at any time.
Employees who provide false attestations will be punished with disciplinary action, including firings.
People who have had only one dose will be given 10 weeks to get their next one before they are put on unpaid leave.
They will not be allowed back at work until they are either vaccinated or the policy is no longer in effect
This report by The Canadian Press was first published Oct. 6, 2021.
Laura Osman, The Canadian Press
I think this will not help speeding up the process. People will be suspended without pay and there will be even less people to work

Reactions: luvtrump

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
I think this will not help speeding up the process. People will be suspended without pay and there will be even less people to work
When COVID started, the issue was test and oaths which caused significant delay; however, the normal process which shouldn’t be affected by COVID is now becomes a problem. Before, covid people show up for the test and after the test an officer check the passport and have a short interview and in most cases in a couple of days people could see DM unless their cases was not routine. However, now you take the exam, wait to see the status completed, and then after a month you get a request for passport copies and then after a month if you are lucky, DM. My question to IRCC: before covid the number of tests was much higher than the online test, how come officers were ready to finalize the cases immediately. This is not related to covid really. Also, there are two ways to clear this backlog more officers or easing some paper works. For example if everyone is required to provide copy of passports then ask with the test invite why waiting for months after? Also what’s the point of this request as sometimes cbsa do not stamp passport traveling to/from US via land. I think the backlog is manageable if they use similar method like cra assessing our taxes, audit those that are suspicious. I though that’s the whole purpose of Triage in GCMS notes.

Reactions: Svet81

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
When COVID started, the issue was test and oaths which caused significant delay; however, the normal process which shouldn’t be affected by COVID is now becomes a problem. Before, covid people show up for the test and after the test an officer check the passport and have a short interview and in most cases in a couple of days people could see DM unless their cases was not routine. However, now you take the exam, wait to see the status completed, and then after a month you get a request for passport copies and then after a month if you are lucky, DM. My question to IRCC: before covid the number of tests was much higher than the online test, how come officers were ready to finalize the cases immediately. This is not related to covid really. Also, there are two ways to clear this backlog more officers or easing some paper works. For example if everyone is required to provide copy of passports then ask with the test invite why waiting for months after? Also what’s the point of this request as sometimes cbsa do not stamp passport traveling to/from US via land. I think the backlog is manageable if they use similar method like cra assessing our taxes, audit those that are suspicious. I though that’s the whole purpose of Triage in GCMS notes.
I think the whole issue comes down in calculating physical presence in Canada. If they have robust system of finding in and out to/from Canada then it will be a game changer.

Reactions: luvtrump

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016
I agree, but what be done right now

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Were you really expecting a reply ? Forward this to Marc mendicino
Lol I sent him an email last month and that was the response haha

Dear **** *** :

The Office of the Prime Minister has kindly forwarded to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, a copy of your correspondence of August 9, 2021, regarding your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is also in receipt of your correspondence of August 9, 2021, addressed to Minister Mendicino, on the same topic. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

IRCC realizes that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

Maintaining the integrity of the citizenship program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who wish to become Canadian citizens must complete immigration, criminal, and security background checks before they can be granted citizenship. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians.

IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, and other government agencies. Background screening processes are non‑discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that may occur as IRCC’s partner agencies conduct the background checks are something over which IRCC has no control.

Departmental records confirm that your application is in progress at IRCC’s Mississauga office; immigration verifications are in progress. Please be assured that you will be contacted if further information is required, or once a final decision has been made. If your application is approved and you satisfy the remaining requirements, you will be invited to participate in the next step in the application process or to attend the oath-taking ceremony and receive a citizenship certificate.

In the context of the pandemic, COVID-19 has had an effect on the Department’s operations and ability to respond to and process applications. Clients are encouraged to monitor the How the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services web page for up-to-date information related to their application or situation.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

D. MacDonald

Ministerial Enquiries Division

Last edited:

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Mandatory vaccination means nothing if employees are not mandated back to the office. They will just get the vaccine and continue to slack off and do 'pretend' work from home.
This point was absent from the announcement. Why would they enforce vaccines if workers continue to work from home. My guess is that they are planning to make a shift back to offices in the near future, but not immediately. Maybe early 2022.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
This point was absent from the announcement. Why would they enforce vaccines if workers continue to work from home. My guess is that they are planning to make a shift back to offices in the near future, but not immediately. Maybe early 2022.
But why work from home if your vaccinated ? I dont think they'll be allowed to sit home and work if they are vaccinated . And if they refuse then unpaid leave. And yeah nobody wants to leave a govt job coz they know other jobs make you work and no free money so I see them coming back to work .

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
We are talking about incompetent management here. For 8 months in 2020 they didn't do anything other than accumulating new applications. Let's face it: we are not a priority. Otherwise they wouldn't have done this, and whatever we say they simply don't care.

Reactions: GokulGuruprasad

piotrqc

Aug 10, 2020
Holiday code 699 opportunists are preparing for the next mandatory vaccination:

Here are two links from their unions to understand their positioning ... (especially look at the F.A.Q of the first link to understand their approach):

public service alliance of canada said:
Will PSAC represent me if I choose not to be vaccinated?
Yes, PSAC will continue to represent unvaccinated members who have punitive action taken against them as a result of their vaccination status.

PSAC will work to ensure the implementation of the policy protects the health and safety and human rights of our members while ensuring their rights to privacy are respected.

http://psacunion.ca/your-rights-work-vaccinations-and-covid-19

http://psacunion.ca/federal-government-releases-vaccination-policy

el02220

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Lol I sent him an email last month and that was the response haha

Dear **** *** :

The Office of the Prime Minister has kindly forwarded to the Honourable Marco E.L. Mendicino, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, a copy of your correspondence of August 9, 2021, regarding your application for a grant of Canadian citizenship. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is also in receipt of your correspondence of August 9, 2021, addressed to Minister Mendicino, on the same topic. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

IRCC realizes that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

Maintaining the integrity of the citizenship program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who wish to become Canadian citizens must complete immigration, criminal, and security background checks before they can be granted citizenship. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians.

IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, and other government agencies. Background screening processes are non‑discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that may occur as IRCC’s partner agencies conduct the background checks are something over which IRCC has no control.

Departmental records confirm that your application is in progress at IRCC’s Mississauga office; immigration verifications are in progress. Please be assured that you will be contacted if further information is required, or once a final decision has been made. If your application is approved and you satisfy the remaining requirements, you will be invited to participate in the next step in the application process or to attend the oath-taking ceremony and receive a citizenship certificate.

In the context of the pandemic, COVID-19 has had an effect on the Department’s operations and ability to respond to and process applications. Clients are encouraged to monitor the How the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is affecting immigration, refugees, citizenship and passport services web page for up-to-date information related to their application or situation.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,

D. MacDonald

Ministerial Enquiries Division
Only If the time they spent in writing this email was used for processing applications

Reactions: luvtrump and Svet81