+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship test: Collective action required, or expect endless delays, years. Example of the effective lobbyng of people awaiting spousal sponsorship

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Reactions: luvtrump

cobie2

Star Member
Aug 23, 2021
This point was absent from the announcement. Why would they enforce vaccines if workers continue to work from home. My guess is that they are planning to make a shift back to offices in the near future, but not immediately. Maybe early 2022.
They aren't planning to mandate a return to the office, only a vaccine mandate. They are making vaccination a condition of employment for federal employees regardless of where they are physically working from (from home or from outside the country). Telework is here to stay, except maybe if you are in a type of work or a front-line worker where you are required to be in the office. Telework, however, will not be an accommodation measure for workers not vaccinated. An employee working from home is considered to be in their workplace therefore mandatory vaccination will apply to teleworkers as well.

https://www.cp24.com/news/draft-vaccination-policy-for-federal-employees-says-even-those-working-from-home-must-be-vaccinated-union-exec-1.5612515
https://www.healthing.ca/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus/vaccine-for-coronavirus/federal-employees-work-from-home

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
They aren't planning to mandate a return to the office, only a vaccine mandate. They are making vaccination a condition of employment for federal employees regardless of where they are physically working from (from home or from outside the country). Telework is here to stay, except maybe if you are in a type of work or a front-line worker where you are required to be in the office. Telework, however, will not be an accommodation measure for workers not vaccinated. An employee working from home is considered to be in their workplace therefore mandatory vaccination will apply to teleworkers as well.

https://www.cp24.com/news/draft-vaccination-policy-for-federal-employees-says-even-those-working-from-home-must-be-vaccinated-union-exec-1.5612515
https://www.healthing.ca/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus/vaccine-for-coronavirus/federal-employees-work-from-home
This is absurd. Health care workers should be vaccinated because they interact with people, but if federal workers are not going to interact with people and continue working from home, the vaccine mandate is not necessary.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
This is absurd. Health care workers should be vaccinated because they interact with people, but if federal workers are not going to interact with people and continue working from home, the vaccine mandate is not necessary.
This cannot be treated so simply (and leaving aside for now that there are few official communications saying federal workers will not eventually return to office).

"Vaccinate everyone or work from home" are not completely separate questions - they're linked one ot the other.

The point is not that they WILL continue working from home indefinitely, but that any return to 'normal' conditions - in whole or in part - is also tied to how many workers are vaccinated.

There are also many workers who may work from home most often but have some interactions with other workers/public/feds from time to time, as part of their work functions.

A 'vaccinate everyone' (except the tiny percentage with medical exemptions) rule is far easy to administer during periods in which the covid-19 precautions not only are changing but are supposed to change as a result of vaccination.

Reactions: CaBeaver

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
It’s not about work but a public health measure

Reactions: armoured

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
It’s not about work but a public health measure
But if they are working from home, they taking the health measures. What you are implying is that they are imposing vaccines on federal workers only because they have power over them. I doubt this is the case. Returning to offices is inevitable. But the question is when. They are preparing for this, I believe.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
But if they are working from home, they taking the health measures. What you are implying is that they are imposing vaccines on federal workers only because they have power over them. I doubt this is the case. Returning to offices is inevitable. But the question is when. They are preparing for this, I believe.
I am guessing what will happen will be not unlike what many companies are proposing. Some days per week in office, ramping up but with more space per employee (fewer people onsite on any given day), some expected to be in office more depending on responsibility, etc.

All of which less risky (and less liability) if all vaccinated.

Plus there is the public health aspect. The push to get travellers to vaxx means more roll outs of clinics etc. This is already happening in some cities, the announcement has lit the vaxx drive light anew.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
This is no surprise tho … it was just a matter of time before this come to light… as far as the processing of application of certain nationalities or country of origin, I’m 100% sure IRCC deliberately delays or scrutinizes certain nationalities more over other ones.. of course there is a statistical component that some nationalities tend to cheat more often than other ones so the whole population pays for delayed processing times etc, but there’s also discriminatory factors.

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
This is no surprise tho … it was just a matter of time before this come to light… as far as the processing of application of certain nationalities or country of origin, I’m 100% sure IRCC deliberately delays or scrutinizes certain nationalities more over other ones.. of course there is a statistical component that some nationalities tend to cheat more often than other ones so the whole population pays for delayed processing times etc, but there’s also discriminatory factors.
This explains why my application has been delayed for years. Not like I’m surprised by this news.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Last edited:

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Alright folks, after going back and forth with them, I have finally received the IRCC corporate records pertaining to the citizenship program. I believe this file contains data up until August 25th, 2021.

Here's the link to the file =>

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aCg_6UPD2gIHto33Vhz6RM1EQ_L4dYnu/view?usp=sharing

Good luck!
Thanks for your effort in getting such information. It might useful to have, and I don't know if anyone has requested it, information on completions by year. E.g., 2019: X% completed (and within what period), 2020:Y% ....

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
Alright folks, after going back and forth with them, I have finally received the IRCC corporate records pertaining to the citizenship program. I believe this file contains data up until August 25th, 2021.

Here's the link to the file =>

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aCg_6UPD2gIHto33Vhz6RM1EQ_L4dYnu/view?usp=sharing

Good luck!
Reading these notes: Incredibly, it is only now, 2 years into the pandemic that they are thinking of digitizing paper files so that they can be worked on from home, since access to the office is infrequent. And they are on at the "plans to pilot" stage! Talk about slow-thinking/slow-moving bureaucracy!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for your effort in getting such information. It might useful to have, and I don't know if anyone has requested it, information on completions by year. E.g., 2019: X% completed (and within what period), 2020:Y% ....
I have 2 separate corporate record notes that might offer some continuity.

IRCC Corporate Records - Citizenship Program (Received on May 3rd 2021) => I think this contains data from the inception of the online testing/online oath process until Jan/Feb 2021.
IRCC Corporate Records - Citizenship Program (Received on Jan 5th, 2022) => This contains data from Jan 2021 to August 25th, 2021.

Last edited:

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
I have 2 separate corporate record notes that might offer some continuity.

IRCC Corporate Records - Citizenship Program (Received on May 3rd 2021) => I think this contains data from the inception of the online testing/online oath process until Jan/Feb 2021.
IRCC Corporate Records - Citizenship Program (Received on Jan 5th, 2022) => This contains data from Jan 2021 to August 25th, 2021.
Thanks for that. I looked at some of those files before. One thing that seems to be missing in all is just what is being done to clear backlogs (2019 and earlier). Same for any explanation of why 2020 and 2021 applications are being processed much faster than earlier ones.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram