+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Been 3 weeks since my oath on Nov 26th. No sign of the certificate although the tracker says case closed since Dec 3rd. I called the call center and they said cert. was dispatched on Tue Dec 7th. I mean how long does the stupid thing take to be delivered to Toronto. Even snail mail should not take past 3 business days. I don't even know if someone stole the thing or its been stuck at a warehouse and awaiting delivery.

I hate this darn Montreal office. We paid fricking 630$ to get citizenship. Couldn't they spend 20/30 for express shipping and maybe attach a stupid tracking number on the portal OR at least ask us to come pick up at any Service Canada location.

iMayflower

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Been 3 weeks since my oath on Nov 26th. No sign of the certificate although the tracker says case closed since Dec 3rd. I called the call center and they said cert. was dispatched on Tue Dec 7th. I mean how long does the stupid thing take to be delivered to Toronto. Even snail mail should not take past 3 business days. I don't even know if someone stole the thing or its been stuck at a warehouse and awaiting delivery.

I hate this darn Montreal office. We paid fricking 630$ to get citizenship. Couldn't they spend 20/30 for express shipping and maybe attach a stupid tracking number on the portal OR at least ask us to come pick up at any Service Canada location.
Mine was Dec 3, and it's still In progress in the tracker. Is there a phone number to call? I already sent many emails and the webform, but no response...

houseyy

Apr 18, 2017
I received my certificate in the mail today.

My oath ceremony was on Dec 3rd, application status was updated to Closed on the 6th. Montreal office.

How long does it usually take to receive your passport after you submit the application for it? Does anyone know?

Reactions: wstrn24

houseyy

Apr 18, 2017

To be fair, they did say it would take 2 to 4 weeks right? You have to count from the day they closed the application, i.e it's only been 2 weeks so far. However, I do agree with everything you said.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Received my certificate. Oath date November 26. Closed date December 1st. Post mark on envelope December 6th. From Edmonton to me in Fort St. John, BC.
I don’t check my mail everyday so I don’t know what day it arrived.

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Mine was Dec 3, and it's still In progress in the tracker. Is there a phone number to call? I already sent many emails and the webform, but no response...
Try emailing CIC-CITOY, that’s where you sent the Oath form. Call isn’t of much help

Reactions: iMayflower

Bc_1221

Mar 22, 2021
Hello,

I had my oath on Nov 29 and status closed on Dec1. I am still waiting for certificate. I called IRCC helpline today and was told that my certificate was printed on Dec 1. It’s been more than 2 and half weeks and I have still not received it yet. I am from BC.
Anybody in same situation?

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Hello,

I had my oath on Nov 29 and status closed on Dec1. I am still waiting for certificate. I called IRCC helpline today and was told that my certificate was printed on Dec 1. It’s been more than 2 and half weeks and I have still not received it yet. I am from BC.
Anybody in same situation?
My oath was November 26th. Closed December 1st. I received the certificate a few days ago, but I hadn’t checked the mail Daily and it was posted the 6th. I am in BC but my zoom oath was Edmonton.

carguy

Dec 15, 2014

Same Story with me. Ottawa office. I just came off the phone with IRCC. They said Certificate was mailed on Dec 2nd. & my Tracker showed Closed on Dec 2nd. Still nothing in my mailbox. From IRCC beaucracy to CanadaPost.

I wondered why would they send such an important document by regular mail ? ...

Reactions: HuseinMas