Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Update on my situation: Ottawa office
October 20: Virtual Citizenship ceremony
October 22: Citizenship oath status has been updated online to Completed
October 25: Application status was updated online to Closed

Started emailing Ottawa office on December 3. Nobody has replied yet.
Sent an e-mail to the Minister and Deputy Minister yesterday.
Will be faxing Solemn Declaration Concerning a Citizenship Certificate to the central office and emailing to Ottawa office tomorrow.

I feel defeated, to be honest ...
Same here. I have exhausted all options to contact Ottawa office.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nwyqweh

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
My officer is JT
Oath done on Oct 27th. No certificate yet. Not even status updated (still in progress).

I’ll pay submit a request for lost certificate next week. Hope that ticket doesn’t end up with JT again.
Won't they ask for citizenship certificate number for the replacement?

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Should we contact the media about Ottawa office? I’m thinking of contacting major news media offices and explain the scenario so they can publish an article about Ottawa office taking 2-3 months to PRINT a certificate.

Reactions: Nwyqweh

Nwyqweh

Nov 26, 2021
Should we contact the media about Ottawa office? I’m thinking of contacting major news media offices and explain the scenario so they can publish an article about Ottawa office taking 2-3 months to PRINT a certificate.
Yes, that is a good idea. I think it would be important to gather evidence of the efficiency of other offices in contrast to Ottawa office. I believe we have a bunch of examples that this is true even in this forum.

Reactions: Dhaka2014

con2015jan

Oct 14, 2014
Congrats. Did you have JT in your email subject line? My Oath was on Nov 10 and the application is still In Progress
No JT. However , one pattern I noticed is, sooner we send the OATH-AFFIRMATION document , better. I guess they process the certificates based on when they receive the affirmation document , not by the oath date (IMO)

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Not sure if this will be of any interest to the media given the number of applicants affected by this will be too low. But on the other hand the misery is real and it makes me feel anything we think of is worth a try.

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
No JT. However , one pattern I noticed is, sooner we send the OATH-AFFIRMATION document , better. I guess they process the certificates based on when they receive the affirmation document , not by the oath date (IMO)
I emailed the signed form back in less than 20 minutes after the ceremony

aaq94

Sep 26, 2021
Had ceremony on 16th. Oath status was set to completed on 22nd. But it's Dec 15th now and my application status is still in progress and I haven't received the certificate. It's been a month now...should I be worried?

Also, it's Scarborough office I believe.

james_saudade

Jul 6, 2020
Had ceremony on 16th. Oath status was set to completed on 22nd. But it's Dec 15th now and my application status is still in progress and I haven't received the certificate. It's been a month now...should I be worried?

Also, it's Scarborough office I believe.
That's weird. My application status is set to "closed" after the oath.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Office - Ottawa
Oath Date - Nov 08 2021
Status marked as closed - Dec 03 2021
Certificate sent(Based on the stamp on the envelope) - Dec 07 2021
Certificate Received - Dec 15 2021 .
Non Urgent certificate request
Congrats :)

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Not sure if this will be of any interest to the media given the number of applicants affected by this will be too low. But on the other hand the misery is real and it makes me feel anything we think of is worth a try.
That’s true. The affected people of Ottawa office (specially JT) are probably less than 50. Other officers are sending certificates normally.

I was not as frustrated in the last 2+ Years (since application submitted to oath) as I am in the last 2 months. PR card destroyed, no certificate, no update on tracker. And the worst part is there is absolutely no way to contact the Ottawa office.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omegabyte

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
So, applicants of the Ottawa office, don't receive their certificate 2-4 weeks after the oath, but 2-4 weeks + 2-3 months? This is insane :eek: