+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Nwyqweh

Nov 26, 2021
Received the certificate. Sharing for people who may be in a similar situation with Ottawa office.

October 20: Virtual Citizenship ceremony
October 22: Citizenship oath status has been updated online to Completed
October 25: Application status was updated online to Closed

December 3 – December 16: E-mailing Ottawa office several times indicating that I have not received the certificate after 6 weeks since the status was updated to completed and the application was closed. NOBODY IN THE OTTAWA OFFICE REPLIED to my e-mails. E-mailed the Minister and Deputy Minister with concerns regarding the operations of Ottawa office.
December 16: Got a call from Ottawa office to confirm my address (same as in the application) and was told that they will send the certificate with Purolator.
December 17: Received the certificate with Purolator

Conclusion: I do not know what happened, either they sent the certificate and it got lost in the mail or did not send it at all after closing my application; nobody asked me to fill out the Solemn Declaration (filled out when the certificate was sent but was not received).
Lessons: If you are dealing with Ottawa office, be ready that you will not receive a reply, but it is likely that someone has read your e-mail and some action will be taken AT SOME POINT.

Good luck everyone! :)

zhuyun104104

Dec 15, 2021
Received the certificate. Sharing for people who may be in a similar situation with Ottawa office.

December 3 – December 16: E-mailing Ottawa office several times indicating that I have not received the certificate after 6 weeks since the status was updated to completed and the application was closed. NOBODY IN THE OTTAWA OFFICE REPLIED to my e-mails. E-mailed the Minister and Deputy Minister with concerns regarding the operations of Ottawa office.
December 16: Got a call from Ottawa office to confirm my address (same as in the application) and was told that they will send the certificate with Purolator.

Conclusion: I do not know what happened, either they sent the certificate and it got lost in the mail or did not send it at all after closing my application; nobody asked me to fill out the Solemn Declaration (filled out when the certificate was sent but was not received).
Lessons: If you are dealing with Ottawa office, be ready that you will not receive a reply, but it is likely that someone has read your e-mail and some action will be taken AT SOME POINT.

Thank you for your information, it’s been over a month after my ceremony, but my case is still in process. I plan to wait 2 months or 3 months for the certificate.

Reactions: Nwyqweh

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017

Congratulations!

Reactions: Nwyqweh

Unst0pable1

May 24, 2021
Received my certificate today, Wednesday 22nd December.

Oath date was last Thurday 16th December, File seemed closed on same day and update was seen on Friday 17th December.

Post mark on envelope was Monday 20th December.

Scarborough Office.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received my certificate today, Wednesday 22nd December.

Oath date was last Thurday 16th December, File seemed closed on same day and update was seen on Friday 17th December.

Post mark on envelope was Monday 20th December.

Scarborough Office.
That was pretty quick. I did the ceremony on Dec. 8 and our local office confirmed that the certificate had been mailed out and I haven’t received it yet…

Ali58

Aug 30, 2019
That was pretty quick. I did the ceremony on Dec. 8 and our local office confirmed that the certificate had been mailed out and I haven’t received it yet…
Hi, would you please let me know how you got the confirmation? Like send an email to Citizenship ceremony email? Waiting since Dec 3. Thanks

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, would you please let me know how you got the confirmation? Like send an email to Citizenship ceremony email? Waiting since Dec 3. Thanks
I emailed my local office and they responded within half an hour... pretty responsive. They told me to contact them again if I don't receive it within 4 weeks.

Bc_1221

Mar 22, 2021
Almost a month from my oath ceremony and I am still waiting for my citizenship certificate. Any one from BC in same situation?

smilysmoke19

Star Member
Aug 15, 2020
Received my Citizenship Certificate Yesterday in my Regular Mail.
Citizenship application Date 09 Sept 2020
Test Done June 28 2021
Decision Made Sep 29 2021
Oath Done Dec-09 2021
Certificate received Dec 23 2021
Apply for passport IN person at Mississauga office Walk In on Dec 24 2021
passport will be mailed to my home address on Jan 12 2022.
good luck Every One.

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received my Citizenship Certificate Yesterday in my Regular Mail.
Citizenship application Date 09 Sept 2020
Test Done June 28 2021
Decision Made Sep 29 2021
Oath Done Dec-09 2021
Certificate received Dec 23 2021
Apply for passport IN person at Mississauga office Walk In on Dec 24 2021
passport will be mailed to my home address on Jan 12 2022.
good luck Every One.
How can you apply passport the next day? Do you need appointments?