+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

ac_2018

Nov 13, 2018
I have Oath scheduled on Jan. 10, 2022, and would like to know if I can pick up my certificate of citizenship at a local Passport office or have to wait for them to mail it back to me? I plan to travel to the US soon and don't need Canadian passport to enter the US.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I have Oath scheduled on Jan. 10, 2022, and would like to know if I can pick up my certificate of citizenship at a local Passport office or have to wait for them to mail it back to me? I plan to travel to the US soon and don't need Canadian passport to enter the US.

You cannot get citizenship certificate from passport office. That’s IRCC not Passports Canada.
Depending on your processing office. Some IRCC offices have allowed to collect in person. Some agreed to send by Puralator. Some only uses CanadaPost.

ac_2018

Nov 13, 2018
You cannot get citizenship certificate from passport office. That’s IRCC not Passports Canada.
Depending on your processing office. Some IRCC offices have allowed to collect in person. Some agreed to send by Puralator. Some only uses CanadaPost.
Thank you for the response. Do you request in-person pick up during the Oath? Are these request usually be accommodated? My IRCC office is in Surrey, BC, and I saw someone posted that they have picked up in person from Surrey IRCC.

Swappy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Lol same here, 1 month, Winnipeg, no certificate yet. Funny thing is, when I became a PR, they lost my PR card. Had to file solemn declaration and wait forever to get one. So bizarre , charge us a little extra and provide tracking number for such an important document.

kushalk14

Star Member
Mar 9, 2016
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th Feb 2016
AOR Received.
24th feb 2016
I do have a particularly tricky situation..... my partner is pregnant and we are in Germany at the moment. We are in the 8th month currently and the due date is predicted to be in second week of Feb 2022. I have my Oath ceremony on Jan 31 and I intend to fly to Germany immediately once my oath is finished. I hope to finish the rest of my processes in Germany if that is possible which includes re applying for the citizenship certificate and then applying for a physical passport at the embassy. This is pretty unusual situation to be in and I have already tried communicating this to the call centres by calling and emails and i have not received any clear answers from the Canadian or Indian Embassies regarding this issue.

Long story short will i be allowed to travel immediately after my oath or will my passport be rescinded as soon as I take the oath.

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Just received my Certificate. Dec 30, 2021.
Oath Date : Oct 27, 2021.
Application Closed on Tracker : Dec 2, 2021.
Mailed on: Dec 20, 2021

Famous Ottawa Office. Thank you guys very much for the support. Journey Ends Here.
Wtf? Did they literally send that piece of paper two months later???!

• Wow
Reactions: BenLinus6

carguy

Dec 15, 2014
Wtf? Did they literally send that piece of paper two months later???!
Yes indeed. I cancelled my travel plans to visit my family after many years.

Govt employees receive such good compensation, gold plated pensions, generous time off's, Work from home ALL at our expense (Privately employed Tax payers).

This is well documented in Canada. That the pay & benefits discrepancy of Public Vs Private employees is HUGE.

This shows, money is never a factor to motivate people to do a better Job (contrary to what Unions claim).

..Think Im very much a Canadian now ....complaining so much :))

Reactions: Omegabyte

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Yes indeed. I cancelled my travel plans to visit my family after many years.

Govt employees receive such good compensation, gold plated pensions, generous time off's, Work from home ALL at our expense (Privately employed Tax payers).

This is well documented in Canada. That the pay & benefits discrepancy of Public Vs Private employees is HUGE.

This shows, money is never a factor to motivate people to do a better Job (contrary to what Unions claim).

..Think Im very much a Canadian now ....complaining so much :))
You deserve to complain tho! And I have nothing left to say for those people. Glad you made it, enjoy!!!

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada

Famous Ottawa Office. Thank you guys very much for the support. Journey Ends Here.

Congrats man :) happy for you.

We had the oath together on Oct 27th (Ottawa office). But my tracker is still showing “in-progress”. So maybe it will take another month for me.

Waiting for the day I can say ‘I am done with IRCC for good :)

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
Montreal Office.
Took my oath on Dec 10th. No progress since, tracker still showing in progress. Anyone with the similar timeline?
Please share your experience.

OttawaCanada

Jan 1, 2022
It seems Ottawa office is the worst! I took the oath ceremony on Nov 17, online tracker still in process, no certificate. Maybe the officer will do their job after Christmas.

Hey, I also did my certificate from ottawa on the 17th as well. Nothing recieved yet. I reached out to the office asking them to process my certificate urgently, and I am still waiting. The ircc office is no help so far. Will keep you updated if my status ever become completed. Hoping that you would do the same :)

OttawaCanada

Jan 1, 2022

First of all, congrats! I have a question, did it happen to say JT in the email title? I took my oath on the 17th, asked for urgent processing two weeks in and my application is still in progress