+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If all options were exhausted to receive the certificate, is it time to lawyer up?
if it’s more than 1 or 2 months and if you have a valid reason to get it quick, then can we use the dreaded “web form “ to enquire ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yes. His office attempted to only send inquires but wouldn't action anything. They only asked to wait as they were told by IRCC it is in the queue to be printed for the last four weeks now.
I'm sorry, that sucks. Just when you think you've finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel and it turns out to be a mirage. Send a webform marked "VERY URGENT" and ask them to flag the office that you haven't received your citizenship certificate yet.

You could try and lawyer up (I've seen one post where the applicant did not receive citizenship certificate for a LONG time. He hired a lawyer and the lawyer called IRCC and said something and the applicant received the certificate soon after). I'm unable to find that post at this time. I'll see if I can find it and then let you know.

UPDATE: The post I was referring to is below :

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-certificate-delay-delivery-after-virtual-ceremony.706588/post-9152964

Last edited:

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
if it’s more than 1 or 2 months and if you have a valid reason to get it quick, then can we use the dreaded “web form “ to enquire ?
Most of my communication with IRCC via web form tend to be useless and sometime ignored. I would usually call in which in my last call happened to be a request sent by the agent.

I'm sorry, that sucks. Just when you think you've finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel and it turns out to be a mirage. Send a webform marked "VERY URGENT" and ask them to flag the office that you haven't received your citizenship certificate yet.

You could try and lawyer up (I've seen one post where the applicant did not receive citizenship certificate for a LONG time. He hired a lawyer and the lawyer called IRCC and said something and the applicant received the certificate soon after). I'm unable to find that post at this time. I'll see if I can find it and then let you know.

UPDATE: The post I was referring to is below :

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-certificate-delay-delivery-after-virtual-ceremony.706588/post-9152964
Thank you for the reference. I will certainly seek legal assistance on this as I would to find out whether it is lawful to delay acquiring newly granted citizens their proof of citizenship for no reasons.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
Hi everyone. I had to post a new thread to ask those who are still waiting for the citizenship certificate.

I've had the oath ceremony back on May 19 in Ottawa and have submitted the form on the same day. I've not received the certificate yet.

The one thing I would consider as a possible reason for the delay would be the change of address. But I don't think it would cause that much of an issue.

Are you or do you know anything about delays in delivering citizenship certificates?
You can email back to them with the same email address they contacted you till ceremony.

GMP1990

Jun 30, 2021
I was never contacted by anyone other than the general Ottawa email address.

I didn't have an interview or a meeting with an agent.
I think what is preventing our certificates to be printed is the fact that our status is "in Progress". I believe the Office only prints the certificate when the file is complete.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Is submitting a compliant a valid step here?

I see this as a matter of an issue of carrying a proper identification as we had to cut PR card as an exchange to receive the citizenship certificate.

GMP1990

Jun 30, 2021
Is submitting a compliant a valid step here?

I see this as a matter of an issue of carrying a proper identification as we had to cut PR card as an exchange to receive the citizenship certificate.
How would you propose submitting a complaint?

Email the Ottawa Office - they never respond
IRCC call Centre - Certificate is to be printed. No other information
Webform - could take weeks for someone to even read the complaint

Reactions: thesonicbro

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
How would you propose submitting a complaint?

Email the Ottawa Office - they never respond
IRCC call Centre - Certificate is to be printed. No other information
Webform - could take weeks for someone to even read the complaint
Have you tried to submit an urgent request via web form.

I just submitted a form. I didn't want to do that as I thought it would be a waste of time.

GMP1990

Jun 30, 2021
Have you tried to submit an urgent request via web form.

I just submitted a form. I didn't want to do that as I thought it would be a waste of time.
I submitted a form last Friday.

The Call Centre person informed me that it could take weeks for that to be actioned

faizy786

Jun 12, 2015
I took my oath yesterday and emailed back the form with my signature yesterday it's self how many days does it take to get the citizenship certificate by mail they said 6 to 8 weeks ?

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
I took my oath yesterday and emailed back the form with my signature yesterday it's self how many days does it take to get the citizenship certificate by mail they said 6 to 8 weeks ?
In your letter, there is an item should read as following:

"Once we have received your signed Oath or Affirmation of Citizenship form, and signed the Solemn Declaration form (if applicable), you will be sent your paper citizenship certificate by regular mail within 2 to 4 weeks. Should you require your citizenship information sooner than this, please contact us."

Do you mind sharing which office your application is being processed?