+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

GMP1990

Jun 30, 2021
I called IRCC today and they also offered to send a communication to the office to complete the process as required.

They informed to wait for a month in case there no update or the certificate was not mailed.

Question: Would holding the certificate not to be sent within the suggested time (despite COVID-1) is lawful?
I think we should wait another week. I emailed the Ottawa Office last week and IRCC call centre sent the request to action my file.

Any suggestions? What else can we do to have this document issued?

Reactions: thesonicbro

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Hopefully some of the experts in this great forum chip in and explain newly granted citizens to immediately start exercise their rights when sworn in.

I'm hoping I will be ready for elections to vote as well as plans to obtain a passport for future travel plans.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hopefully some of the experts in this great forum chip in and explain newly granted citizens to immediately start exercise their rights when sworn in.

I'm hoping I will be ready for elections to vote as well as plans to obtain a passport for future travel plans.
If you provided permission to IRCC to forward your information to Elections Canada in the citizenship applications form, IRCC will do that. It is likely that you'll receive a voter's information card before the elections. Also, as soon as you receive your citizenship certificate, you can apply for a passport.

Good luck and all the very best!

Last edited:

muralie krishna

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Oath completed on 6/28 and certificate received on 7/7. Did they stop sending the citizenship card? When i took my oath in 2009, i got both the certificate and the card. For my son which was completed last month we go only the certificate but no card.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Oath completed on 6/28 and certificate received on 7/7. Did they stop sending the citizenship card? When i took my oath in 2009, i got both the certificate and the card. For my son which was completed last month we go only the certificate but no card.
The citizenship card was discontinued in 2012 AFAIK.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see people waiting for 1 month for their certificate? I asked my official to expedite sending of my certificate, so hoping to receive it sooner. Let’s see what happens.. I’ll come here with an update

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
I see people waiting for 1 month for their certificate? I asked my official to expedite sending of my certificate, so hoping to receive it sooner. Let’s see what happens.. I’ll come here with an update
Congrats!

Which office your application was being processed?

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Online Status Tracker today changed to Completed, and eCAS also shows Closed. Does this mean citizenship certificate is mailed out?

Reactions: doseoffaith

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My Online Status Tracker today changed to Completed, and eCAS also shows Closed. Does this mean citizenship certificate is mailed out?
I would also like to know the answer to this. It's probably a safe assumption that you're correct.
Thank you. I guess since it's regular mail, there are no trackers etc and we just have to wait till it comes?
Likely, yes. And there isn't a tracking number, it is sent via regular mail so you'll simply have to wait it out.