+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

GMP1990

Jun 30, 2021
Hi,

I have the same issue. May 26 Ceremony in Ottawa. I am still waiting for certificate. It's been 5 weeks. My Online Tracker says in Progress.

Oath invitation states 2-4 weeks to receive certificate.
Officer during ceremony stated 4-6 weeks to receive certificate.

I sent an email this week (no answer). I called today, no agent was able to receive my call.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I have the same issue. May 26 Ceremony in Ottawa. I am still waiting for certificate. It's been 5 weeks. My Online Tracker says in Progress.

I sent an email this week (no answer). I called today, no agent was able to receive my call.
This is bad. Call them at around 8 AM local time and you should be able to reach an agent.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

I don't know what is it with Ottawa but it is unacceptable given the fact we have to destroy our PR cards as part of the process.

Having no identification makes me feel unable to plan ahead for travel, vote, etc.

This is bad. Call them at around 8 AM local time and you should be able to reach an agent.
I attempted to call them twice with no success. The MP office received another update stating that my certificate is the queue for print. But that was the same response from the first IRCC agent I called two weeks ago!

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

The Office instructed me to add JT to the email subject when sending back the signed forms. Did you get the same instruction?
That's correct. It was simply asked to sign both spots on the form and send the signed form back with the subject "JT"

The also mentioned that I can reply to the same email address the invite was sent from or just use the email address provided in the form as the recipient's address.

GMP1990

Jun 30, 2021
That's correct. It was simply asked to sign both spots on the form and send the signed form back with the subject "JT"

The also mentioned that I can reply to the same email address the invite was sent from or just use the email address provided in the form as the recipient's address.
Hi,

I just called the IRCC line and spoke to an agent. She will send a direct message to the Ottawa Office to action my file for certificate.

I did the same thing when I received the Oath invitation. My invitation was missing the Zoom link. IRCC Call Centre sent an urgent message to the Ottawa Office.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

I just called the IRCC line and spoke to an agent. She will send a direct message to the Ottawa Office to action my file for certificate.

I did the same thing when I received the Oath invitation. My invitation was missing the Zoom link. IRCC Call Centre sent an urgent message to the Ottawa Office.
I called IRCC today and they also offered to send a communication to the office to complete the process as required.

They informed to wait for a month in case there no update or the certificate was not mailed.

Question: Would holding the certificate not to be sent within the suggested time (despite COVID-1) is lawful?