+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Congratulations!

I believe you can only apply in person for urgent requests by appointment only. They would require proof that you are going to a trip soon.

If it's not urgent, you have to mail your application.
Walk-ins are available in certain offices since 3 weeks ago, but it's kind of a crapshoot, that's presumably why sonicbro was asking about the situation in passport offices in Ottawa.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/new-adult-passport/apply-how.html

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
I think that's the consensus. The status is set to "Completed" when your certificate is printed and mailed. Not 100% sure about this though.
New tracker or ECAS? ECAS is showing complete but new tracker is showing as in process

senru42

Aug 19, 2021
Congratulations!

I believe you can only apply in person for urgent requests by appointment only. They would require proof that you are going to a trip soon.

If it's not urgent, you have to mail your application.
Does this meaning I don’t have Proof of citizenship certificate I still can apply after done Oaths ?

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
I am in a bit of a pickle.

I completed my Oath on November 3 2021. Sent the signed form (via email as I was asked) an hour after the ceremony.

Got an email yesterday stating that they have not received my signed form.

I landed up replying to that email along with a separate email to the CIC with the signed oath form.

Has anyone else faced the same issue?

Also my tracker says everything was completed on 5 November 2021.

@rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am in a bit of a pickle.

I completed my Oath on November 3 2021. Sent the signed form (via email as I was asked) an hour after the ceremony.

Got an email yesterday stating that they have not received my signed form.

I landed up replying to that email along with a separate email to the CIC with the signed oath form.

Has anyone else faced the same issue?

Also my tracker says everything was completed on 5 November 2021.

@rajkamalmohanram
That's weird. If your tracker says everything is complete, it is likely they mailed the certificate to you. This email could have been sent in error. As long as you sent the documents before and the document was not corrupt in any manner, you should be good.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Thank you
That's weird. If your tracker says everything is complete, it is likely they mailed the certificate to you. This email could have been sent in error. As long as you sent the documents before and the document was not corrupt in any manner, you should be good.
Thank you RKM

I will let you know if I hear from them or when i get my certificate.

Appreciate your response.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
On the status tracker, this is the new message (Updated November 8th 2021):

Your citizenship application status: Closed
Reason: We have approved your application to become a Canadian citizen.

Congratulations!
You are now a Canadian citizen. Welcome to the Canadian family!

Let's hope they have mailed me the Citizenship Document *fingers crossed

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Done my oath Nov 9th online with Niagara Falls office. We are urgent processing applicants and so far no certificate. @rajkamalmohanram any ideas of what should be done? They didn't ask us in the ceremony if we are urgent applicants or not. we need to travel asap and we don't have/and can't get a new passport in our other nationality. Any ideas? Thanks everyone

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Done my oath Nov 9th online with Niagara Falls office. We are urgent processing applicants and so far no certificate. @rajkamalmohanram any ideas of what should be done? They didn't ask us in the ceremony if we are urgent applicants or not. we need to travel asap and we don't have/and can't get a new passport in our other nationality. Any ideas? Thanks everyone
You should have asked the clerk at the ceremony to expedite the certificate if you wanted it sooner irrespective of whether your application was processed urgently or not. They don't take notice of that automatically . You have to tell them. There is no way to apply for a passport without the original citizenship certificate. My application was processed urgently as well and I asked the clerk and confirmed at 3 separate times that my certificate will be expedited just so he doesn't forget.

Send an email to the same email ID you got your oath invite from and request them to expedite your citizenship certificate and see if it works.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hanan22

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
You should have asked the clerk at the ceremony to expedite the certificate if you wanted it sooner irrespective of whether your application was processed urgently or not. They don't take notice of that automatically . You have to tell them. There is no way to apply for a passport without the original citizenship certificate. My application was processed urgently as well and I asked the clerk and confirmed at 3 separate times that my certificate will be expedited just so he doesn't forget.

Send an email to the same email ID you got your oath invite from and request them to expedite your citizenship certificate and see if it works.
I learned this the Hard Way. thanks for your input. sent an email and will be sending another with the UP supporting docs. will update here. Thank you

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
I learned this the Hard Way. thanks for your input. sent an email and will be sending another with the UP supporting docs. will update here. Thank you
It's been almost 2 weeks since my Oath and I still have not received my certificate. I have to travel for work in 4 weeks and I fear that I am cutting it too close.

Reactions: Hanan22

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
It's been almost 2 weeks since my Oath and I still have not received my certificate. I have to travel for work in 4 weeks and I fear that I am cutting it too close.
Still waiting as well. I have emailed them again today and cc'd the Kitchener office. We are UP applicants they should send it asap on their own! what a service.