+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
18882422100 at 2:06 and 2:23 pm both times they connected me to an agent. Good luck
Thank You.
I was able to connect with them.
My letter was sent on November 5th and I got it in the mail today. Took 11 days which is long even by Canada Post standards.
Thank you for everyone's help.

Reactions: Hanan22

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Thank You.
I was able to connect with them.
My letter was sent on November 5th and I got it in the mail today. Took 11 days which is long even by Canada Post standards.
Thank you for everyone's help.
When did your application status change to Closed? Was your application under UP category?

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I attended my oath on October 27th. Ottawa office. Agent is JT (they asked to send email with subject JT).

Until today, no update in the tracker. still shows in Progress. It’s been 21 days now.

No citizenship certificate received yet.

Anyone from Ottawa processing office had oath in October? I am wondering if this Ottawa office problem, or the “damn” officer named JT who is the slowest officer in the slowest IRCC office.

I thought I’m done with IRCC the moment I got the oath date. But looks like the struggle is never ending.

Last edited:

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
Wow :(! So I should expect the same. I also live in KW and my office was Niagara. Thanks
If it helps, I know a lot of people who had to wait 8-15 days before getting their certificate.
As for passport - walk ins are allowed in KW and you can get them within 9 working days.

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
I attended my oath on October 27th. Ottawa office. Agent is JT (they asked to send email with subject JT).

Until today, no update in the tracker. still shows in Progress. It’s been 21 days now.

No citizenship certificate received yet.

Anyone from Ottawa processing office had oath in October? I am wondering if this Ottawa office problem, or the “damn” officer named JT who is the slowest officer in the slowest IRCC office.

I thought I’m done with IRCC the moment I got the oath date. But looks like the struggle is never ending.
I would call IRCC and speak to an agent. They will let you know the status of this.

Reactions: Hanan22