+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
Did anyone of you guys received a generic email after submitting oath forms? I got this an the body of email seems weird.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Please note that this is an automated message.

This mailbox can only be used to provide a reasonable explanation for missing or being unable to attend an exam or a ceremony‎ (with documentary evidence). For any other specific inquiries regarding your application, we invite you to complete the IRCC Web form.

Please note that if your explanation of absence for being unable to attend a test or ceremony is deemed reasonable, you will be rescheduled into an identical event according to our processing time and a new notice will be sent to you by email.

If your explanation is deemed unreasonable, we will communicate with you further to provide additional details.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

www.cic.gc.ca
No, Make sure you used the correct email.

diana98

Star Member
Jan 24, 2020
I did oath Nov 16th. Tracker still not updated or closed. Calgary office. Not sure if I should wait or get in contact with someone?

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
I did oath Nov 16th. Tracker still not updated or closed. Calgary office. Not sure if I should wait or get in contact with someone?
It took almost 6 weeks to receive my certificate. If Calgary office work with the same speed as Ottawa, it will be your Christmas gift. No need to contact them yet.

Reactions: diana98

ajtoronto

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Toronto
The email I sent it to is the one mentioned on my oath form IRCC.DNCitHALScheduling-ConvocationHALCitRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca when I got the generic email from the said address.
Reach out to them via the web form. Also, what does your tracker say.
I was sent an email stating that they had not received my signed Oath form (which I had indeed sent). When i called up CIC, they said they had in fact receieved it and may have sent that email by mistake

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Reach out to them via the web form. Also, what does your tracker say.
I was sent an email stating that they had not received my signed Oath form (which I had indeed sent). When i called up CIC, they said they had in fact receieved it and may have sent that email by mistake
I think everything is ok as my tracker is showing closed since November 24th
Thanks

Reactions: ajtoronto

Nwyqweh

Nov 26, 2021
Sharing my concerns: Did not receive the Citizenship certificate yet. Virtual citizenship ceremony was held by Ottawa office.

Here is my timeline:

October 20: Virtual Citizenship ceremony

October 22: Citizenship oath status has been updated online to Completed

October 25: Application status was updated online to Closed

Did anyone else have the citizenship ceremony held by Ottawa office in October?

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
Sharing my concerns: Did not receive the Citizenship certificate yet. Virtual citizenship ceremony was held by Ottawa office.

Here is my timeline:

I had on October 13, it took almost 6 weeks to get certificate.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada

Here is my timeline:

I had oath on Oct 27th (Ottawa office) and until today it’s still shows (In-Progress) in the tracker, Which means that The certificate is not printed yet. It’s been 33 days.

I guess your Case is different, your certificate was printed and mailed out the day it shows ‘closed’ in the tracker. So I suggest that you call then and confirm. It’s unlikely that it will take that long to come by mail.

carguy

Dec 15, 2014

Here is my timeline:

I had my Citizenship ceremony On Oct 27,2021.

No updates in the tracker , I send them 2 emails ..no reply ...wait for Ottawa Continues....

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I had my Citizenship ceremony On Oct 27,2021.

No updates in the tracker , I send them 2 emails ..no reply ...wait for Ottawa Continues....
it seems we were at the same oath session. Was it at 1pm?
I’m thinking of writing an official letter to the new IRCC minister about the Ottawa office timeline vs all other offices. Looks like Ottawa is the worst.

Last edited:

Nwyqweh

Nov 26, 2021
I had oath on Oct 27th (Ottawa office) and until today it’s still shows (In-Progress) in the tracker, Which means that The certificate is not printed yet. It’s been 33 days.

I guess your Case is different, your certificate was printed and mailed out the day it shows ‘closed’ in the tracker. So I suggest that you call then and confirm. It’s unlikely that it will take that long to come by mail.
Thanks for the feedback. Extremely frustrating situation as I am constantly getting a message that due to high volume of inquiries they cannot connect me to an agent.