+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Ahmedgull

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
I am done with waiting

Well I have a friend who got DM exactly like me (the same office as me) and got oath invite 2 weeks ago... from my experience IRCC's internal processes is a messed unfair system and waiting is only harmful for your health.
I can understand that you are done with waiting but can you do anything about it? other than wait? so just relax and wait. If you will call them, they will tell you that you are well under the processing time which is 27 months. Nothing you can do about it anyway.

Reactions: Ana.me

Ana.me

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hello,
I have a question, I don't if someone can help
Oath Ceremony on 29th
Oathc markee completed on 29t
But in the top, I see last update on 30th and application still in progress?!

What does this mean? And if Oath marked as complete, so this a confirmation that they recieved the Oath form? When tracker should be completed? And

KJ_Thealien

Mar 1, 2019
I think that's the consensus. The status is set to "Completed" when your certificate is printed and mailed. Not 100% sure about this though.
What happens if the status is set to CLOSED? My oath was on July 11 and the last update in my application was on July 19 but I still haven't received my certificate, it's been 7 weeks now

KJ_Thealien

Mar 1, 2019
I completed my Oath Ceremony in Winnipeg on July 11,2022 and tracker updated to closed status on July 18th. I still have not received my certificate, anyone else in same position?
Did you get your certificate? My oath was on the same date as yours, and the tracker also updated to CLOSED on the 18th. It's been 7 weeks and I still don't receive anything

KJ_Thealien

Mar 1, 2019
Oath office?
Not really sure, I think Winnipeg. I just called and the agent said it was mailed on July 25th but I still haven't received it. It seems they had an issue with my address so they updated it during the call. The agent asked me to wait for another week and call them again if I don't receive it. She said that after 6 weeks of mailing the certificate, they can see in the system more information about the next steps, and that in the case that I still don't receive it, they will reissue it and send it again. So, hopefully I can get my certificate soon

Ahmedgull

Star Member
Oct 21, 2017
Not really sure, I think Winnipeg. I just called and the agent said it was mailed on July 25th but I still haven't received it. It seems they had an issue with my address so they updated it during the call. The agent asked me to wait for another week and call them again if I don't receive it. She said that after 6 weeks of mailing the certificate, they can see in the system more information about the next steps, and that in the case that I still don't receive it, they will reissue it and send it again. So, hopefully I can get my certificate soon
The oath invite you got, was it from DN MB SK CIT?
What number did you call?

ify33

Jul 6, 2022
I have the exact same timeline and the same office and I haven't received the certificate either. I called them too and they told me the same thing that it has been printed but not shipped yet. This is so frustrating that some people get their certificate in a week and here we are waiting for over 2 weeks now.
I just got my certificate in the mail today. You should be receiving yours soon

Aug 25, 2021
Quick question: what number did you call? I am waiting for my certificate and wondering if they mailed it at all.
Thank you!